supernatural encounters

supernatural encounters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

please share with us ANY encounter that you found to be strange, supernatural, or just plain weird/unexplainable

when i was a teenager, me and my best friend saw an orb of light flying around too quickly to be a man-made device. faster than a drone too!

not sure what it was, but we both saw the exact same thing
and for a few moments before asking each other
we were both most likely thinking:
'did i just see an alien, or am i losing it?'

we weren't drunk yet either, but it didn't take long after that encounter

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by empovsun
please share with us ANY encounter that you found to be strange, supernatural, or just plain weird/unexplainable

when i was a teenager, me and my best friend saw an orb of light flying around too quickly to be a man-made device. faster than a drone too!

and for a few moments before asking ea ...[text shortened]... m i losing it?'

No, I don't see things like that.

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Jun 13

I also saw a fiery orange orb for lack of a better word. I was in my early 20's have no clue what it was. I can only tell you what it was not. It could of been an angel or something but honestly I don't know. It shot away suddenly and was gone.

Manny

s

England

Moves
16 Jun 13

a spirit about 1960

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by menace71
I also saw a fiery orange orb for lack of a better word. I was in my early 20's have no clue what it was. I can only tell you what it was not. It could of been an angel or something but honestly I don't know. It shot away suddenly and was gone.

Manny
only happen once? it only happened once to us

some people have told me to get an MRI
which i did, but nothing came up. spooky!

Moves
16 Jun 13

only happen once? it only happened once to us

some people have told me to get an MRI
which i did, but nothing came up. spooky!
You saw some thing in the sky so decided to have a MRI scan?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
16 Jun 13
2 edits

I was walking along a canal back in May of 2003 when for some strange reason, my left hand turned in to a banjo! But then, after I had spent the best part of several hours coming to terms with my loss, Jesus jumped out of the water; and with a declaration of "abracadabra", and a sprinkling of fairy-dust, he turned the banjo back into my left hand again

I was at a loss to explain what happened to me on that day! 😲

as for why I am an atheist when it is so clear that I actually saw Jesus with my own eyes, Satan must have cast one of his evil magic spells!

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
You saw some thing in the sky so decided to have a MRI scan?
no, i needed it for something else, but since i was getting it might as well get the full package, haha

and it wasn't in the sky; it was closer than that

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by Agerg
I was walking along a canal back in May of 2003 when for some strange reason, my left hand turned in to a banjo! But then, after I had spent the best part of several hours coming to terms with my loss, Jesus jumped out of the water; and with a declaration of "abracadabra", and a sprinkling of fairy-dust, he turned the banjo back into my left hand again

I ...[text shortened]... tually saw Jesus with my own eyes, Satan must have cast one of his evil magic spells![/hidden]
lol, thats cute

i used to react like that when i was young
even after my experience i was skeptical until five years after my MRI scan turned up negative. maybe you'll come across your own mystery that will baffle you beyond your supposed knowledge over this observable universe 🙂

Moves
16 Jun 13

"please share with us ANY encounter that you found to be strange, supernatural, or just plain weird/unexplainable "

Women.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jun 13

lol, thats cute

i used to react like that when i was young
even after my experience i was skeptical until five years after my MRI scan turned up negative. maybe you'll come across your own mystery that will baffle you beyond your supposed knowledge over this observable universe 🙂
If what you saw was real, that alone doesn't say it was supernatural. If it was an actual alien, an alien would not be supernatural, if it stepped out of its spacecraft, it could be killed by a well placed bullet just like us, it would be made of stardust just like us. That is in the unlikely event it was an actual alien craft.

Just because you have no explanation does not automatically put it in the category of supernatural, like a fast floating spirit or something.

For instance, I played a joke on some unsuspecting Latina women about 30 years ago: I had just bought a helium neon laser from Edmond scientific and this laser was about as strong as the basic laser pointer of today but it was a real laser, although in a box 4 by 4 by 10 inches and had to be plugged into house power. So it was about 10 PM, very dark and I had the laser outside the apartment playing with it, shining it on telephone poles and stuff. BTW, this was in Los Angeles near Watts. So these two Latina's walk by, not seeing me because there was a big bush between them and me (and my gf). So I took the beam and positioned it on the sidewalk about 4 feet in front of them and wiggled the beam around and it made a little pattern on the sidewalk. Those ladies genuflected about 10 times saying Madre Dios and stuff so you can bet THEY thought it was a supernatural event. Meanwhile my gf and I were having terminal giggles🙂

Cape Town

Moves
16 Jun 13

I have always found it interesting how quickly people rule out man made causes and in many cases jump straight to aliens or the supernatural depending on the culture. I am actually impressed that you didn't pick an explanation and declare it to be the correct one. Most people are uncomfortable leaving something as 'I don't know'.
I personally think 'supernatural' is an illogical term designed to allow someone to claim something that they know doesn't really make sense.
Also, I consider the possibility of aliens visiting us secretly to be very very low. So any unusual phenomena such as lights in the sky, I tend to consider natural phenomena or man made causes.

I think I must also point out that last time Haleys comet came by, I heard quite a number of remarkable reports about what people had seen, but many of them had simply never looked up at the sky at night with any seriousness and a lot of their reports had to do with this fact.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
If what you saw was real, that alone doesn't say it was supernatural. If it was an actual alien, an alien would not be supernatural, if it stepped out of its spacecraft, it could be killed by a well placed bullet just like us, it would be made of stardust just like us. That is in the unlikely event it was an actual alien craft.

Just because you have no ...[text shortened]... THEY thought it was a supernatural event. Meanwhile my gf and I were having terminal giggles🙂
good point: aliens are not supernatural

sometimes i brainstorm about multidimensional beings, but that's one of those subjects that deludes me the more time i think about it

haha, you and your gf sound like the prankster nerds from my uni that made the toilets foam up once a week!

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
16 Jun 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have always found it interesting how quickly people rule out man made causes and in many cases jump straight to aliens or the supernatural depending on the culture. I am actually impressed that you didn't pick an explanation and declare it to be the correct one. Most people are uncomfortable leaving something as 'I don't know'.
I personally think 'supe ...[text shortened]... he sky at night with any seriousness and a lot of their reports had to do with this fact.
yea, i really don't know what it was, and neither does my friend
he just visited a couple weeks back - he couldn't help but mention it
since he's headed to afghany soon (we usually don't talk about it)

Cape Town

Moves
16 Jun 13

yea, i really don't know what it was, and neither does my friend
he just visited a couple weeks back - he couldn't help but mention it
since he's headed to afghany soon (we usually don't talk about it)
I must also point out that many studies have shown that human memory is substantially flawed, and what you both now think you saw, may be at least in part, a product of your discussions of it. I am sure you both saw something, but it may not be what you remember seeing.