1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 14:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the "laws of the universe" can be violated: it is our flawed understanding of them that gets disproved by some phenomenon. once that happens we simply need to ammend the books.
    The true laws of the universe cannot ever be violated.
    The *** laws as we know them *** however can be violated, but not the true laws. They cannot be violated. And they are the true laws of nature

There are no such things as miracles.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 15:53
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    is it fair of me to suggest your personal bias might interfere with any open minded discussion about this phenomenon?
    No, unless a lack of bias counts as bias. I have no personal bias - which was my whole point. I would look for the most likely explanation based on the facts before me, and ghost / angels would be way down the list of 'most likely'. To move them up the list would be bias.
    I am certainly not being 'close minded' if that is what you mean by "might interfere with any open minded discussion". If however you mean that I won't offhand believe whatever fanciful explanation you come up with - then yes, I won't.

I don't the answer to these questions, but everytime someone uses science or experiments to detect what these things are , they're immediately ridiculed.
    That is simply not true. If you had a situation where investigation might be possible (eg the phenomena occurred regularly at a given location) then you would find plenty of scientists willing to investigate it and I doubt any of them would be afraid of being ridiculed.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 15:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's just a word used to describe that which is unseen.
    Oh is it? Then we are not using the standard dictionary definition so the poster should have stated as such when starting the thread instead of confusing us all. Or maybe it is only you that is using this non-standard definition?
    According to Chambers I found:
    1 belonging or relating to or being phenomena that cannot be explained by the laws of nature or physics.
    2 (the supernatural) the world of unexplained phenomena.

Clearly my usage so far has been 1.

What makes you so sure there isn't anything beyond the realm of your senses?
    Clearly I haven't made such a claim as I was using a different definition.
    Of course all this begs the question as to how the poster claims to have experienced a phenomena which you now say is impossible to sense.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 02:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The true laws of the universe cannot ever be violated.
    The *** laws as we know them *** however can be violated, but not the true laws. They cannot be violated. And they are the true laws of nature

There are no such things as miracles.
    There are such things as 'miracles'. I would say its a minor miracle we haven't blown ourselves up with nuclear bombs, for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree