1. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110501
    25 Jan '10 00:27
    Whenever I hear some one swearing on a bible, I have an inner chuckle. The person is swearing on a book that says the earth is 6000 years old, that says the 1st woman was made from a rib, that snakes can talk, that a man lived in the belly of a whale, that the whole earth was once flooded, that Jesus was born from a virgin, etc. In other words, people are swearing to tell the truth on a book packed full of lies.
  2. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    25 Jan '10 00:50
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Whenever I hear some one swearing on a bible, I have an inner chuckle. The person is swearing on a book that says the earth is 6000 years old, that says the 1st woman was made from a rib, that snakes can talk, that a man lived in the belly of a whale, that the whole earth was once flooded, that Jesus was born from a virgin, etc. In other words, people are swearing to tell the truth on a book packed full of lies.
    Can you prove there lies? History proves there not.
  3. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110501
    25 Jan '10 00:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can you prove there lies? History proves there not.
    Give me a break! PT Barnum said nobody ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
  4. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110501
    25 Jan '10 00:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can you prove there lies? History proves there not.
    There is proof that the earth is 4 billion years old, not 6000 years old as the bible says. Need I go further?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Jan '10 01:11
    Originally posted by 667joe
    There is proof that the earth is 4 billion years old, not 6000 years old as the bible says. Need I go further?
    i suggest you do, where does it say that its six thousand years old.
  6. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110501
    25 Jan '10 01:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i suggest you do, where does it say that its six thousand years old.
    Perhaps I should have said as the bible infers. Scholars using genealogy laid out in the bible trace the time line back to Adam and Eve and say it goes back 6000 years.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Jan '10 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Perhaps I should have said as the bible infers. Scholars using genealogy laid out in the bible trace the time line back to Adam and Eve and say it goes back 6000 years.
    yes but you are talking about the age of the earth, not the creation of humans, that is something entirely different, so where does it say that the earth is six thousand years old? shall i answer that for you Joe?
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    25 Jan '10 01:32
    Originally posted by 667joe
    There is proof that the earth is 4 billion years old, not 6000 years old as the bible says. Need I go further?
    The Bible doesn't say it's 6000 years old. You guys just don't listen.
  9. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    25 Jan '10 01:33
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Whenever I hear some one swearing on a bible, I have an inner chuckle. The person is swearing on a book that says the earth is 6000 years old, that says the 1st woman was made from a rib, that snakes can talk, that a man lived in the belly of a whale, that the whole earth was once flooded, that Jesus was born from a virgin, etc. In other words, people are swearing to tell the truth on a book packed full of lies.
    Most would acknowledge a spiritual/metaphorical reading.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Jan '10 01:36
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Most would acknowledge a spiritual/metaphorical reading.
    wussies!
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    25 Jan '10 01:45
    Matthew 5:33-37

    33“Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.’ 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91570
    25 Jan '10 03:19
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Most would acknowledge a spiritual/metaphorical reading.
    Sometimes its metaphoric and other times its literal...
    I once heard a pretty convincing Nostradamus-like prophecy read from a washing machine instruction book lol!
    Good on you joe!! Keep 'em comin'.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Jan '10 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sometimes its metaphoric and other times its literal...
    I once heard a pretty convincing Nostradamus-like prophecy read from a washing machine instruction book lol!
    Good on you joe!! Keep 'em comin'.
    what's good about posting a misconception, basing your objections to a particular practice on that misconception and then someone tell you that you done great! yeah Karloy Poly, keep them psychic woo woos coming!
  14. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    870
    25 Jan '10 03:53
    Originally posted by 667joe
    There is proof that the earth is 4 billion years old, not 6000 years old as the bible says. Need I go further?
    Your ignorance is showing. The Bible never makes such a claim. Show me where the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    25 Jan '10 05:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i suggest you do, where does it say that its six thousand years old.
    Bishop James Ussher deduced that the first day of creation began at nightfall preceding Sunday, October 23, 4004 BC.

    Do you think you know more about this than him? That you are a better christian? He did extensive research about the chronology adn work backwards in time, using bible as his source. Do you think the bible is wrong?

    Shame...
Back to Top