1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 16:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You know I don't believe in the Vedas, but Dasa does. I am not saying he has the authority to rewrite the Ipanashads (whatever that is). I am just saying you should not jump to the conclusion that Dasa is wrong without giving him a chance to explain himself.

It appears to me that Dasa was referring to an explosion of the atomic bomb by the splitting of ...[text shortened]... stions of Dasa and see his replies first before being so critical as if you know everything. ๐Ÿ˜
    Atomic bombs use Plutonium 239 and Uranium 235 to initiate the explosion, which is definitely not man made, both naturally present but has to be concentrated to be useful in bombs:

Here is a 50 cent tour of the physics behind the bomb:

http://www.atomicheritage.org/history/science-behind-atom-bomb

'man made' atoms are few and far between, like the last to be made at the top end of the periodic table, 118,117, 116 and 115 just done. Now they are hot on the trail of being able to manufacture element 119 which is going to also take years or decades just like the last 4 just named.

Sorry if I am boring you with this science nonsense.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 22:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Atomic bombs use Plutonium 239 and Uranium 235 to initiate the explosion, which is definitely not man made, both naturally present but has to be concentrated to be useful in bombs:

Here is a 50 cent tour of the physics behind the bomb:

http://www.atomicheritage.org/history/science-behind-atom-bomb

'man made' atoms are few and far between, like th ...[text shortened]... ecades just like the last 4 just named.

Sorry if I am boring you with this science nonsense.
    Plutonium was first produced and isolated on December 14, 1940 by Dr. Glenn T. Seaborg, Joseph W. Kennedy, Edwin M. McMillan, and Arthur C. Wahl by deuteron bombardment of uranium-238 in the 60-inch cyclotron at the University of California, Berkeley. They first synthesized neptunium-238 (half-life 2.1 days) which subsequently beta-decayed to form a new heavier element with atomic number 94 and atomic weight 238 (half-life 87.7 years).

Plutonium is much more common on Earth since 1945 as a product of neutron capture and beta decay, where some of the neutrons released by the fission process convert uranium-238 nuclei into plutonium-239.

Producing plutonium in useful quantities for the first time was a major part of the Manhattan Project during World War II, which developed the first atomic bombs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium

During the Manhattan Project enriched uranium was given the codename oralloy, a shortened version of Oak Ridge alloy, after the location of the plants where the uranium was enriched. The term oralloy is still occasionally used to refer to enriched uranium. There are about 2,000 tonnes (t, Mg) of highly enriched uranium in the world, produced mostly for nuclear weapons, naval propulsion, and smaller quantities for research reactors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_enriched_uranium

Natural urainium has to be enriched by man in order to be able to produce a bomb. That is why I say it is man-made.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 19:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Plutonium was first produced and isolated on December 14, 1940 by Dr. Glenn T. Seaborg, Joseph W. Kennedy, Edwin M. McMillan, and Arthur C. Wahl by deuteron bombardment of uranium-238 in the 60-inch cyclotron at the University of California, Berkeley. They first synthesized neptunium-238 (half-life 2.1 days) which subsequently beta-decayed to form a new heav ...[text shortened]... be enriched by man in order to be able to produce a bomb. That is why I say it is man-made.[/b]
    Ok, I read it. I was wrong, I thought all the weapons grade material was just refined by centrifuge and electrical means. So it can be manufactured in nuclear reactors.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 20:04
    There was another error way before that boner: The atom is indivisible. If I recall correctly, we know they are composed of quarks.
    Just like string theory quarks are only theorised,

Show me a quark.................you quack.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 20:47
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Shocking Secrets Of The Vedic Science Revealed!

The Vedic civilization, according to the ancient scriptures, was at a much higher level of development than our modern society.
    So they claimed to be more developed than a future society?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 20:551 edit
    qOriginally posted by Dasa

If you really want to know about the discovery of quarks, read this link. You NEVER see quarks, how would you design an experiment to actually see quarks since we can't even see individual atoms except for blips on an atomic force microscope. I doubt you even know what that is but it can FEEL the presence of individual atoms but not actually see them.

https://www.learner.org/courses/physics/unit/text.html?unit=1&secNum=5

You have to be able to reason from step A to step B to step C and so forth to actually see how this discovery was made but made it was AND it totally refutes your asinine book in that the atom is NOT the indivisible object it claims and how could it since that book was not written by a deity but just garbage put on paper by more humans.

Just like RJHinds, refusing to acknowledge some aspect of science does not alter the truth, which in this case is the FACT, JACK, that the atom can be split into smaller pieces and we are not sure to this day if even the quark is the smallest piece of matter yet. In ten years or 100 years we might find even the quark can be split into something smaller yet. Total speculation on that, fully acknowledged. The quark itself cannot be argued out of existence. It exists and no amount of you sputtering otherwise will change that. Deny all you want, the quark still exists and thumbs its rhetorical nose at your ignorance.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 21:09
    Ok, I read it. I was wrong, I thought all the weapons grade material was just refined by centrifuge and electrical means. So it can be manufactured in nuclear reactors.
    Uranium 235 is obtained using centrifuges to separate isotopes. Plutonium is artificial, it has a half life of about 28,000 years so there is virtually no naturally occurring plutonium.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 21:15

String theory is entirely theoretical, there is no direct evidence. The quark theory for the structure of hadrons has experimental evidence from scattering experiments. So much so that we are sure it is correct.

Atom in modern usage refers to the smallest chemically indivisible object. In ancient usage they were the hypothetical indivisible constituents of matter. So quarks, electrons and the other fundamental particles are atoms in the ancient sense.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 03:011 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 11:32
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Uranium 235 is obtained using centrifuges to separate isotopes. Plutonium is artificial, it has a half life of about 28,000 years so there is virtually no naturally occurring plutonium.
    Plutonium is rare but not quite non-existent in nature. Its precursors have longer half-lives.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 15:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Plutonium is rare but not quite non-existent in nature. Its precursors have longer half-lives.
    Though it is not in quantities enough to mine, to much of a trace element. Very trace.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 15:23
    Though it is not in quantities enough to mine, to much of a trace element. Very trace.
    Well you would mine it in a location with high volumes of Uranium, so why not just mine that instead.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 17:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well you would mine it in a location with high volumes of Uranium, so why not just mine that instead.
    Well there is this rather expensive part where you have to burn the uranium in a reactor. I think that would add a bit to the processing cost......
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 19:23

the existence of quarks has been proven in labs on many occasions, i suppose your vedic guys knew all about hadron colliders before us, what with there freaky robo-automatons and all that.

bet they had proper hover-boards as well!!
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 20:59
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the existence of quarks has been proven in labs on many occasions, i suppose your vedic guys knew all about hadron colliders before us, what with there freaky robo-automatons and all that.

bet they had proper hover-boards as well!!
    Yes, and they had a Vedic McFly as well๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree