1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    10 Nov '06 22:51
    I am perplexed as to why so many Christians were immediately forgiving of Ted Haggard, yet to this day still are angry at Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinisky. Why is this?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    10 Nov '06 23:51
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am perplexed as to why so many Christians were immediately forgiving of Ted Haggard, yet to this day still are angry at Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinisky. Why is this?
    Cigar haters?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223260
    11 Nov '06 00:04
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am perplexed as to why so many Christians were immediately forgiving of Ted Haggard, yet to this day still are angry at Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinisky. Why is this?
    Because you are to forgive your brothers and sisters in Christ.

    At the time Bill wasn't saved, but now he is. He has been bron again. He had a vision of hell during his bi-pass operation.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223260
    11 Nov '06 00:06
    By the way look how forgiving the Omish people were.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    11 Nov '06 00:06
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Because you are to forgive your brothers and sisters in Christ.

    At the time Bill wasn't saved, but now he is. He has been bron again. He had a vision of hell during his bi-pass operation.
    This is news to me. Please tell me more.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Nov '06 00:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    By the way look how forgiving the Omish people were.
    There the wons that sea "om" all the tyme, write?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    11 Nov '06 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am perplexed as to why so many Christians were immediately forgiving of Ted Haggard, yet to this day still are angry at Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinisky. Why is this?
    So do you forgive both of them or just Clinton? I see from your posts you are appalled by evangelical hypocrites such as Haggard. However, I think political hypocrites are much more palitable. After all, they are politicians. We demand hypocrisy and corruption from them, no?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    11 Nov '06 16:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    So do you forgive both of them or just Clinton? I see from your posts you are appalled by evangelical hypocrites such as Haggard. However, I think political hypocrites are much more palitable. After all, they are politicians. We demand hypocrisy and corruption from them, no?
    The higher the pedestal the harder the fall. Actually I have some hope for Haggard as he found his day planner too full for James Dobson's restorative therapy.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Nov '06 05:39
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The higher the pedestal the harder the fall. Actually I have some hope for Haggard as he found his day planner too full for James Dobson's restorative therapy.
    So you hold greater disdain for Dobson than you do for Haggard? Why?
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    12 Nov '06 21:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you hold greater disdain for Dobson than you do for Haggard? Why?
    I can't say I have measured it with these two. Everyone here knows I have disdain for TV preachers as I see them as parasites. At least a pimp or a prostitute gives you something in return. These fools just take your money and buy a jet and point to it and tell you how much Jesus loves them because they have jet paid for by poor old ladies living on fixed incomes.

    But you've given me an idea. I think I might post my TV preacher barometer of the week listing the worst and why I am so disgusted with them. I look forward to hearing from Starrman if he is able to get in to see Benny Hinn next week.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    13 Nov '06 00:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I can't say I have measured it with these two. Everyone here knows I have disdain for TV preachers as I see them as parasites. At least a pimp or a prostitute gives you something in return. These fools just take your money and buy a jet and point to it and tell you how much Jesus loves them because they have jet paid for by poor old ladies living on fi ...[text shortened]... I look forward to hearing from Starrman if he is able to get in to see Benny Hinn next week.
    That is where you are in error. Just as the prostitute offers some form of tangible solace for paying customers, the televangelist plies his/her trade with equal professionalism: quid pro quo. Those seeking a drop of water for their parched religious tongues receive (in equal measure) drop for precious coin.

    Both the john and the jones-ing religious patrons get what they pay for: temporary relief from reality.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    13 Nov '06 01:20
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That is where you are in error. Just as the prostitute offers some form of tangible solace for paying customers, the televangelist plies his/her trade with equal professionalism: quid pro quo. Those seeking a drop of water for their parched religious tongues receive (in equal measure) drop for precious coin.

    Both the john and the jones-ing religious patrons get what they pay for: temporary relief from reality.
    If you say so. Given a choice, I'll take the prostitute as even Jesus had sympathy for them.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Nov '06 04:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I can't say I have measured it with these two. Everyone here knows I have disdain for TV preachers as I see them as parasites. At least a pimp or a prostitute gives you something in return. These fools just take your money and buy a jet and point to it and tell you how much Jesus loves them because they have jet paid for by poor old ladies living on fi ...[text shortened]... I look forward to hearing from Starrman if he is able to get in to see Benny Hinn next week.
    So you would include all TV preachers in this category? How about Billy Graham?
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    13 Nov '06 04:49
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am perplexed as to why so many Christians were immediately forgiving of Ted Haggard, yet to this day still are angry at Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinisky. Why is this?
    I have a question: Are they still Christians?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Nov '06 14:21
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I have a question: Are they still Christians?
    I think they have been prejudged by those on this thread as not being true Christians.
Back to Top