SYNONYMS
    karmani--material fruitive activities; arabhate--begins; dehi--a
    living entity who has accepted a particular type of body; dehena--with
    that body; atma-anuvartina--which is received according to his desire and
    past activities; karmabhih--by such material activities; tanute--he
    expands; deham--another body; ubhayam--both of them; tu--indeed;
    avivekatah--due to ignorance.

TRANSLATION
    The living entity, who has received his present body because of his past fruitive activity, may end the results of his actions in this life,but this does not mean that he is liberated from bondage to material bodies. The living entity receives one type of body, and by performing actions with that body he creates another. Thus he transmigrates from one body to another, through repeated birth and death, because of his gross ignorance.

Source: Srimad Bhagavatam
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 00:38
    all living entities have received their present body by the directed choice of their own will. they will remain in that body for as long as their will demands it, leaving only when their will is contented at having experienced what it set out to experience. no actions or deeds committed by the subject will have any bearing or influence on the destiny of the subject.

source: me.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 00:59
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    all living entities have received their present body by the directed choice of their own will. they will remain in that body for as long as their will demands it, leaving only when their will is contented at having experienced what it set out to experience. no actions or deeds committed by the subject will have any bearing or influence on the destiny of the subject.

source: me.
    I remember when I first found out about the theory of reincarnation when I
    was young. My cousins and I would discuss what animal we would like to
    come back reincarnated into.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree