1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 01:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I don't think that the sort of forgetting of the Sabbath that is forbidden by the commandment necessarily hurts anybody.

Could you explain yourself ? " ..... the sort of forgetting of the Sabbath that is forbidden by the commandment necessarily hurts anybody."

I mean : "the sort of forgetting" ...... What are you referring to ?

2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 01:523 edits
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Could you explain yourself ? " ..... the sort of forgetting of the Sabbath that is forbidden by the commandment necessarily hurts anybody."

I mean : "the sort of forgetting" ...... What are you referring to ?

I mean failing to remember, where remember is fully defined below.

For example, if one of my cows did work on the Sabbath, he would have broken the commandment (or would I have? The text does not make it clear.), but it is my position that nobody necessarily suffers harm as a consequence of my cow's action.

Originally written in stone, now copied in ink, from Exodus 10:

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 01:55
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Then you just hurt your friend and God by stealing and lying to them.
    And you hurt yourself and God for not keeping it holy.
    Well the stealing and the lying aren't dependent on it being the Sabbath.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I mean failing to remember, where remember is fully defined below.

For example, if one of my cows did work on the Sabbath, he would have broken the commandment (or would I have? The text does not make it clear.), but it is my position that nobody necessarily suffers harm as a consequence of my cow's action.

Originally written in stone, ...[text shortened]... hem is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Does your cow know how to knit ? Of course she knows (a cow is a she, Cribs !) .....

Now the two of you can knit together Cribs, you and your cow ... and don't forget the tea .... and the biscuits .... know what I'm saying ? .....cookies ? ... enjoy yourself Cribs ..... and don't forget to send us a card from Metensomatosis .....
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well the stealing and the lying aren't dependent on it being the Sabbath.

Very intelligent observation indeed ATY ... I see you are improving ....🙂
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:31

Very intelligent observation indeed ATY ... I see you are improving ....🙂
    You're implying I was stupid before? Screw you.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 03:29
    I also don't see the harm in coveting the neighbor's wife or his possessions. The latter is what keeps the American economy moving.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:01
    I don't know why everyone gets all excited about the first ten commandments. They got smashed into the pieces. I guess God thought better of it cause he didn't have Moses put down most of the old ones on the tablets the second time. Just think the Ten Commandments all the fundies bitch and whine to have put in every court in the United States is just God's rough draft!
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You're implying I was stupid before? Screw you.

One rec for you ..... 😀
  10. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:10
    Originally posted by telerion
    I don't know why everyone gets all excited about the first ten commandments. They got smashed into the pieces. I guess God thought better of it cause he didn't have Moses put down most of the old ones on the tablets the second time. Just think the Ten Commandments all the fundies bitch and whine to have put in every court in the United States is just God's rough draft!
    Remeber that the founding fathers wanted our country to be founded on Godly Values, The ten conmandments are good moral values which I dont understand why so many ppl want to get rid of it, I think if everyone in would live by them, we would have a much nicer country. For example, Thalt shalt not kill, why does ppl want that out of our courtrooms, they are our Countrys foundations, Take away a foundation and our country will crumble, take away are morals and our values and we will crumble,

I hope this makes sense
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:191 edit
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Remeber that the founding fathers wanted our country to be founded on Godly Values, The ten conmandments are good moral values which I dont understand why so many ppl want to get rid of it, I think if everyone in would live by them, we wo ...[text shortened]... ls and our values and we will crumble,

I hope this makes sense
    I really don't want to get into a revisionist history discussion. My question all along has been the following:

Do you know what the ten commandments that weren't smashed by Moses say?

They're not the ones from Exodus 20, and thankfully no one is calling to have these revised "Godly values" put up in our courts.
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:21
    Originally posted by telerion
    I really don't want to get into a revisionist history discussion. My question all along has been the following:

Do you know what the ten commandments that weren't smashed by Moses say?

They're not the ones from Exodus 20, and thankfully no one is calling to have these revised "Godly values" put up in our courts.
    Their not the same ones? I have never heard of this. where did you find this out?
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:24
    Their not the same ones? I have never heard of this. where did you find this out?
    From reading Exodus.

I'm sure you are familiar with Moses' smashing the first ten commandments. According to Exodus 34, he had to go back up to god and write down new ones. If you read all of chapter 34, you will see that these commandments differ greatly from those in chapter 20.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:241 edit
    Remeber that the founding fathers wanted our country to be founded on Godly Values, The ten conmandments are good moral values which I dont understand why so many ppl want to get rid of it, I think if everyone in would live by them, we wo ...[text shortened]... ls and our values and we will crumble,

I hope this makes sense
    They don't want "Thy shalt not kill" in the courtrooms because of the simple reason this is not a part of their New (liberal ?) Ideology.

They dó want to be able to kill without punishment.
    They support the killing of unborn children, born disabled children, disabled grown ups, people in coma, people who are dying, they want the possibility for assisted suicide. In the end they want the "Right to Die for All". These "liberal" nutcases must be stopped. They are dangerous lunatics who have pushed aside the "Sanctity of Life".

15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:35
    They don't want "Thy shalt not kill" in the courtrooms because of the simple reason this is not a part of their New (liberal ?) Ideology.

They dó want to be able to kill without punishment.
    They support the killing of unborn children, born disabled children, disabled grown ups, people in coma, people who are dying, they want the possibility for assi ...[text shortened]... must be stopped. They are dangerous lunatics who have pushed aside the "Sanctity of Life".

Right, right. You Catholics have a great track record when it comes to respecting human life. Geez.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree