1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 06:20
    All organised corporate religion such as all the major arms of Christianity and it's peripheral sects, cults and offshoots are motivated by one or more of the 3 "M"s, Money, Membership, Me.

- Money is a big driver in corporate religion despite them all denying it. Everything from the grotesque TV evangelists to the apparently harmless handing round of the offering dish to the box at the back of the church with "love gifts and offerings" written on it, are all part of the desire and need to make money. giving should be in humility and prompted by the spirit.

- Membership. I was once attending a church where the laity were asked to sign a document, a mission statement (*throws up a little) which read "we will be the fastest growing church in ******* ...". Why? What is the need to be the fast growing, it is pride. Church attendees give money to an religious organisation but do they realise they have no voting rights unless they are official members. Why have membership lists at all? David displeased God for counting the army of Israel.

- Me. Self glory, leadership, power, position, hierarchy.

What are your thoughts on this?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    All organised corporate religion such as all the major arms of Christianity and it's peripheral sects, cults and offshoots are motivated by one or more of the 3 "M"s, Money, Membership, Me.

- Money is a big driver in corporate religion despite them all denying it. Everything from the grotesque TV evangelists to the apparently harmless handing round of . Self glory, leadership, power, position, hierarchy.

Church is just another product in a consumer culture. The ones with the stat boards are just more open about it.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 19:251 edit

- Money is a big driver in corporate religion despite them all denying it. Everything from the grotesque TV evangelists to the apparently harmless handing round of . Self glory, leadership, power, position, hierarchy.

My thoughts are along the lines that organised corporate religion is of no consequence to anyone but the leaders and their respective followers themselves. Jesus Christ has neither regard for nor fear of nor favour towards these. Every man will be judged on his own merit.

For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
    (Gal 6:5-10)

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Rom 2:9-13)
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 19:44

- Money is a big driver in corporate religion despite them all denying it. Everything from the grotesque TV evangelists to the apparently harmless handing round of ...[text shortened]... . Self glory, leadership, power, position, hierarchy.

It seems to me, after examining all religions, the only way
    that makes sense was the teaching of Jesus.

His teaching of the commandments and the beatitudes
    all make sense. Thous shalt not kill, love your neighbour
    as yourself. Do good to others. All of that is good common
    sense and that is the way we should live. If we did then it
    might be a better world.

Was Jesus a God or a son of a God? I don't know.
    It is written that he performed many miracles.
    But he also had no time for organized religion.
    He was always in conflict with those who held
    high office in the synagogues.

All the organized religions of today are nothing like
    what he spoke of. Not one of them act as he did.
    They preach one thing and do another. None of
    them are worthy in my eyes to be a member of.

All of them are only interested in money and power.
    None of them give a fig about anyone else. Hardly a
    role model.

I believe that if you are of good character and do no wrong
    and help others as you would like to be treated yourself then
    if there is a God up there then he might remember you.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:54
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    It seems to me, after examining all religions, the only way
    that makes sense was the teaching of Jesus.

His teaching of the commandments and the beatitudes
    all make sense. Thous shalt not kill, love your neighbour
    as yourself. Do good to others. All of that is good common
    sense and that is the way we should live. If we did then it
    ...[text shortened]... would like to be treated yourself then
    if there is a God up there then he might remember you.
    Behaviour based on a clear conscience is a good starting place, God certainly wants honesty. Satan is the father of lies.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    My thoughts are along the lines that organised corporate religion is of no consequence to anyone but the leaders and their respective followers themselves.
    I disagree. I observe that organised religion in all its forms is the bringer of discord among all mankind, it places a vicarious barrier between God and humankind and is revolting misrepresentation of the ecclesia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree