This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 22:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The lying abusive hateful cowardly Islamic Apologetic troll Duchess64 apparently has a reading comprehension issue .
    The lying abusive hateful cowardly Islamic Apologetic troll Duchess64 claims that I may hate everything Islamic or Moslem . Of course I do not.
    The lying abusive hateful cowardly Islamic Apologetic troll Duchess64 constantly insinuates things which are not true.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 23:391 edit

4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 00:501 edit
    So, let me get this straight. cassaid4 "seems too cowardly" to concede that she "would like to see the Taj Mahal razed", that's your "logical" 'debating point'? You are demanding "courage" from her - regarding the Taj Mahal - is that right?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 01:12
    @caissad4 said
    My post never mentioned India . Do have a reading comprehension issue ??
    I am sure you do .
    Raze the Taj Mahal ??? You must be a total idiot .
    The hateful Apologist troll here is Duchess 64 .
    Be that as it may, cassaid4, but it seems you may have been apparently implicated in some way in the assassination of Gandhi. One has to concede - logically - that you may seemingly apparently presumably be a very, very awful person who apparently, it would seem, may be willing to murder ordinary Muslims, obsessively, ignorantly, hatefully, apparently, seemingly, presumably, cowardly, ignorantly.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 02:13
    @philokalia said
    I think that the Hindus cannot be honored easily by Muslims because of shirk. [1]

Shirk is a very, very big deal, as I understand it. I used to listen a lot to Muttaqi Ismail and he always emphasized that this chief difference between the Western religious family and the Hindus was a very big deal.

It is important to note that there were some very good Moghul ...[text shortened]... /i] as equal, and it seems whoever is doing the English for the Muslims on this one is being clumsy.
    It seems very Western to treat absolutely all religions as equal, and it seems whoever is doing the English for the Muslims on this one is being clumsy.
    I imagine that that's a post-modernist thing. As I understand it it is based on the notion that there are no grand narratives and that all narratives are equally valid. This is clearly bunk since someone suffering from psychosis will be delusional and might believe that the CIA is controlling their thoughts by a machine that transmits them directly into their brain. Their delusion is a narrative and cannot be considered equal to a non-psychotic person's beliefs about the world. Once they are given anti-psychotics, or if the psychosis resolves itself, they cease to believe the delusion (hopefully).

Jordan Peterson (I realize not everyone's favorite person) gave an answer to someone's question in one of his talks I saw in a video on YouTube. His criteria for delusion are that 1) No one else, or very few others, believe it, and 2) acting on the belief "causes one's ship to sink", whereas if it isn't a delusion then things get better. It's a "the truth is what one can rely on" type argument.

The relevant part is at about 2:25, but the whole thing is only 6 minutes long. Note that this is not Peterson's own channel and the "They are not Party Drugs" thing doesn't really represent all of what he's saying.

YouTube
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 02:241 edit

8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 03:56
    His discovery meant that the rate of mortality after childbirth did improve while his procedures were implemented. So, although he fulfills Peterson's first criterion he does not fulfill the second. He himself knew that he was not deluded, that other people at the time thought he was isn't relevant - I think Peterson is interested in the problem of how one goes about one's own reality check.

Things got worse again after he was replaced and his successor failed to continue the implementation of his practices. So his successor fulfills Peterson's second criterion for being deluded - but since his beliefs were consistent with his peers does not count as deluded just pig headed for ignoring the empirical evidence. So being wrong is not entirely the same as laboring under a delusion. At the practical level the article mentions that doctors in Germany and the UK were happy enough to implement his findings, even if they didn't believe his "cadaverous particles" explanation.

I took a look at his page on Wikipedia. It includes speculation over his mental degeneration, which does seem to have been a real thing, but it is not clear what it was. They mention third stage syphilis as a possible cause. Some sort of stress induced disorder seems possible as things like PTSD cause one to age and he seemed to be aging rapidly. I don't think his personal "ship sinking" was an automatic consequence of his peers rejection of his theory.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 04:26
    @fmf said
    Be that as it may, cassaid4, but it seems you may have been apparently implicated in some way in the assassination of Gandhi. One has to concede - logically - that you may seemingly apparently presumably be a very, very awful person who apparently, it would seem, may be willing to murder ordinary Muslims, obsessively, ignorantly, hatefully, apparently, seemingly, presumably, cowardly, ignorantly.
    That could possibly be a possibility .
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 05:00
    @caissad4 said
    The possible fact that you are presumably too cowardly to concede that the logical consequence of your personal flaws - in tandem with your personal obsessive hatred - is that you would have apparently approved of the assassination of Gandhi - or even perhaps carried it out IF you'd had the opportunity - and I did not know this about you until I read this thread and it's quite serious apparently. You have been done up like a kipper. I need to reassess.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 08:532 edits

12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 08:55
    @caissad4 said
    Hey Caissad4... you’ve drawn a Wicked Wango Card and have been “duchess64’d”!

But don’t worry you can now either spin the Wheel of Pathological Lies to go up the Ladder of White Male Supremacy .......or, you can go past the Hateful Troll Hut and through the Guardian Ring of Waanky Links to get to the Golden Spank My Monkey where you yank its non-gender-pro-nouned tail and BOOM! ...you're in Eternal Suffering Pond!
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 15:12
    @fmf said
    The possible fact that you are presumably too cowardly to concede that the logical consequence of your personal flaws - in tandem with your personal obsessive hatred - is that you would have apparently approved of the assassination of Gandhi - or even perhaps carried it out IF you'd had the opportunity - and I did not know this about you until I read this thread and it's quite serious apparently. You have been done up like a kipper. I need to reassess.
    I hereby non-confess to nothing that I have never not done .
    Maybe .
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '19 20:33

15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 01:21
    I wrote the post at about 4 in the morning and was struggling for an adjective. "Automatic" wasn't the best word, but it had to do. People have suffered disappointment on that type of scale without degenerating mentally. If it was third stage syphillis then he would have started to behave erratically even if his discovery had been accepted. Also it's worth taking a look at the talk page on Wikipedia. There seems to be some uncertainty concerning the circumstances of his death. It's a shame he didn't live to see his theory vindicated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree