1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 22:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I came across this incredibly twisted interpretation of the Bible from Checkbaiter.

He says that the teachings and doctrine of Christ do not apply now because of the Administration of Grace, and ..Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

WHAT ??!! CHRISTIANS CAN SIN ALL ...[text shortened]... s know of this Administration of Grace business. Maybe Checkbaiter should inform them about it !
    You deliberately with hold comments to twist into your own sick interpretation and accuse, just like the great accuser!
    Here is a copy and paste of what was said...
    But here is the part of the commentary you speak of...

This verse is written about people before the Day of Pentecost who acted as if they are walking with Christ and obeying God but were not. Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy, But before the Age of Grace that was not possible because there was no New Birth and no guarantee of salvation.

It is not saying someone can be saved and continue in sin without consequences. It is saying the loss of salvation is not one them.

Nowhere did anyone say anything about a license to sin. If there is a fake Christian here, you would be the prime suspect.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 22:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You deliberately with hold comments to twist into your own sick interpretation and accuse, just like the great accuser!
    Here is a copy and paste of what was said...
    [quote]But here is the part of the commentary you speak of...

This verse is written about people before the Day of Pentecost who acted as if they are walking with Christ and obeying ...[text shortened]... thing about a license to sin. If there is a fake Christian here, you would be the prime suspect.
    What do you think this is?

Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy,

It is a licence to sin because there is no loss of eternal life, when the Bible says very plainly that Christians who continue on with sin can be forgiven but there is a limit... they will be cast into the lake of fire.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 22:55
    Rom 11:29-30
    29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
    NKJV

1 John 3:9
    for His seed remains in him;
    NKJV
    I addressed those passages and you refused to comment. Im not wasting my time again
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 23:23
    Rom 11:29-30
    29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
    NKJV

1 John 3:9
    for His seed remains in him;
    NKJV
    The story in Romans 11 is about how the Gentiles came to be on par with the Jews as far as God is concerned. Paul refers to Jews as natural branches and the Gentiles as grafted branches. Both groups are one in Christ. Paul is saying that God will not change or have regrets about bringing the Gentiles in an equal position with the Jews. God has called the Gentiles to his kingdom. God will not revoke that..

The Jews apparently did not like that but notice there is no special treatment for Gentiles. Just as God punished the Jews He will punish the Gentiles:

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Romans 11:21-22 KJV)

GOD WILL BE GOOD TO THE GENTILES THAT CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE CUT OFF.

Read the whole thing !!
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 02:543 edits
    I repeat, please show me what you refer to as a personal attack.

Your reference says this:

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Did you read the word IF? IF you confess your sins? There is a condition to getting forgiveness. It is up to the Christian TO ...[text shortened]... wlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy [/b]

It is not in the Bible.
    "It is not in the Bible." Rajk999, from your recent comments it appears that you've become conflicted in your understanding of the third class conditional meaning of 1John 1:9 in the original manuscript in which it was written on papyrus in the Koine Greek of the New Testament which is "If and maybe you will and if and maybe you won't". As stated in John 10:28 "And I [The Lord Jesus Christ] give them eternal life and no man shall pluck [snatch] them out of My hand." Yes, it is in the bible. As I've commented to divegeester in another site spirituality forum thread a few hours ago: "Note: After a few more replies later this evening, I'll be back here to this forum Tuesday."
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 03:33
    Maybe I have misinterpreted this statement then:
    Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy
    What does it mean if not a licence to sin or if you wish, sin without the consequence of loss of eternal life.

Please explain.
    A saved person walking across the street looks at a woman with lust gets hit by a car can't lose his salvation. Lust is just as bad as adultery.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 04:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If and when any believer in Christ disagrees with the opinion, stated point of view or belief of any other person there is no justification whatsoever revealed within the Word of God for publically engaging in personal attack: doing so reflects spiritual immaturity.
    Grow up POT
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 04:35
    Originally posted by josephw

You only want to argue.
    Do you agree with him or not?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 04:36
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Lust is just as bad as adultery.
    Have you tried one or both?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 10:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    A saved person walking across the street looks at a woman with lust gets hit by a car can't lose his salvation. Lust is just as bad as adultery.
    Boy o boy ... some of you guys around are are really screwed up .. all you can think of in terms of sin is boobs and women and adultery etc. There are sins by the hundreds and some are what the Bible calls a sin unto death or unforgivable sins.

Maybe if you can focus on the issue you will get the point. This is a general discussion on what the Bible says about being OSAS and whether or not it is possible for a Christian who has professed his faith in Christ to in the end be cast into the lake of fire.

This is not about your specific weakness pertaining to lust or women.. if this is your issue then probably try facebook.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 10:32
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Do you agree with him or not?
    Pertinent question. He typically avoids the issue.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 10:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Grow up POT
    I cannot see a personal attack at all. I am attacking a doctrine.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "It is not in the Bible." Rajk999, from your recent comments it appears that you've become conflicted in your understanding of the third class conditional meaning of 1John 1:9 in the original manuscript in which it was written on papyrus in the Koine Greek of the New Testament which is "If and maybe you will and if and maybe you won't". As stated ...[text shortened]... o: "Note: After a few more replies later this evening, I'll be back here to this forum Tuesday."
    Again and again, its the same story with you OSAS guys. In order to support your false doctrine you have to ignore a significant part of the Bible, and more often than not, the very next or previous verse to the one you are quoting is the one that contradicts you.

You quoted John 10:28 ... here instead is both 27 and 28..

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (Joh 10:27-28)

Can you tell me who is it that Christ says will never perish? All Christians who accept Christ with their mouth? NO! Those who follow Christ is the answer. .. that means follow His commandments.

Getting back to Checkbaiters statement: Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

Compare the two - what Christ says and what Checkbaiter says ... worlds apart.
    Christ = Life
    Checkbaiter = Death.

Oh .. by the way, why do you hypocritically now quote Christ?
    I thought that the Administration of Grace cancelled the teachings of Christ
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 16:47
    Again and again, its the same story with you OSAS guys. In order to support your false doctrine you have to ignore a significant part of the Bible, and more often than not, the very next or previous verse to the one you are quoting is the one that contradicts you.

You quoted John 10:28 ... here instead is both 27 and 28..

[i]My sheep hear my voice, an ...[text shortened]... now quote Christ?
    I thought that the Administration of Grace cancelled the teachings of Christ
    So let me get this straight. Rajk believes that the bible says....
    1. No one is "saved"
    2. No one knows anything until he/she dies, then they find out if they are good enough or have all their sins forgiven or not.

Does that sound about right?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 17:20
    So let me get this straight. Rajk believes that the bible says....
    1. No one is "saved"
    2. No one knows anything until he/she dies, then they find out if they are good enough or have all their sins forgiven or not.

Does that sound about right?
    How about starting another thread if you want to change the topic?
    Did I say that nice enough to satisfy youall?
    Lets keep this thread for you to justify your statement in the opening post. Is that OK?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree