The adversary is within

The adversary is within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Feb 22

@divegeester said
What’s it like to not even be the best at trolling, to be the best at anything?

Best troll - PB1022
Best poet - rookie
Best depressive - Lemondrop
Best prose writer - Moonbus
Best science fiction writer - me!
Best debater - FMF
Best researcher - Ghost of a duke
Best long post writer - sonship
Best bover-boy - Josephw
Best comic - handy Andy

Etc
It's fine.

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
It's fine.
Maybe start a thread on it.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Best debater - FMF
I'd be well able, in a debate, to make the case that I am NOT the best debater and be victorious, too. It'd be a win-win for me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 22
1 edit

I learned that "the best" in the Internet world usually means someone's idol.
There are exceptions though.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Okay, I woke up in the middle of the night where I am, and I need to go back to sleep will pick this up later. 🙂
Being self-employed, and with an unpredictable workload, I sometimes find myself working and sleeping at odd times of the day and night. So, I too have, on occasion, found myself conversing with you at all hours!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
It depends on the outcome. I would never describe your faith-based principles as "lies". Please don't suggest that I have. There is no need to poison our well.
Nope, I agree.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
Being self-employed, and with an unpredictable workload, I sometimes find myself working and sleeping at odd times of the day and night. So, I too have, on occasion, found myself conversing with you at all hours!
We lived much closer to where I worked when we first got here, but things changed. I have to get up at 4 AM every weekday; my drive depending on traffic, gets longer with every 10 to 15 minutes later I go out the door. The traffic to get to where I have to be can be 30 minutes if it's clear, or 1 hour and 1/2 or more as the day gets moving, provided nothing happens that stops traffic altogether. So now I'm wired to get up early on my days off; sleeping in is 6 AM for me. 🙂

F

Moves
21 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
We lived much closer to where I worked when we first got here, but things changed. I have to get up at 4 AM every weekday; my drive depending on traffic, gets longer with every 10 to 15 minutes later I go out the door. The traffic to get to where I have to be can be 30 minutes if it's clear, or 1 hour and 1/2 or more as the day gets moving, provided nothing happens that stop ...[text shortened]... traffic altogether. So now I'm wired to get up early on my days off; sleeping in is 6 AM for me. 🙂
Here, for the trip across the city to the university campus, the crucial thing was

[1] leave the house at 6.20 am and arrive at 6.45 am for a 7.00 am lecture, or

[2] leave the house at 6.25 am and run the risk of arriving at 7.15 am, fifteen minutes late [a thoroughly unBritish thing to do!], though the students wouldn't have cared.

If I left the house at 6.15 am, I would arrive at the campus at 6.30 am and would then have to kill a bit of time in the faculty lounge.

So, it was a precision art and/or science!