anyone know if this is fact?
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 22:12
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Just done a Google on it.

Seeing as it really is talking about angels, I would suggest that there is no objective evidence for it being fact. Otherwise there would be no argument about the existence of supernatural beings and James Randi would not be offering a million dollars for evidence of the supernatural.

--- Penguin.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 22:43
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Check with these guys:

Clan 24350
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 00:13
    I'd never heard of the Angels of Mons, but I did have a 6th grade teacher who told us a story about WW2: as I recall, Great Britain was against the ropes and their leaders called for a National Day of Prayer. On the chosen Sunday, some significant part of their army was trapped in Europe but, for reasons unknown, Hitler either failed to order his army to eradicate them or chose not to eradicate them, allowing their escape. I never checked the veracity of the story (I was only 10, and I didn't have a coomputer), but I liked it. Still do.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 06:391 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I'd never heard of the Angels of Mons, but I did have a 6th grade teacher who told us a story about WW2: as I recall, Great Britain was against the ropes and their leaders called for a National Day of Prayer. On the chosen Sunday, some significant part of their army was trapped in Europe but, for reasons unknown, Hitler either failed to order his army to ...[text shortened]... racity of the story (I was only 10, and I didn't have a coomputer), but I liked it. Still do.
    And then the next day Hitler called a national day of prayer and ....

If you really want nice stories then listen to Bob Dylans song "With God on our Side".

It ends:
    "If God's on our side
    He'll stop the next war"
  6. England
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 10:23
    never heard the story about the calling of a national day of pray, did it come from the queen, churchhill, or the leader of the churchs. But i have heard a similar story about poland and a sister of mercy, saw the image of christ[before the war] and any city who made the image would be spared, and the story im told is 2 citys did and hitler left them from distruction, latter a bishop of hers was made pope.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 14:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And then the next day Hitler called a national day of prayer and ....

If you really want nice stories then listen to Bob Dylans song "With God on our Side".

It ends:
    "If God's on our side
    He'll stop the next war"
    Didn't Dylan write a song after 9/11 called "Let's Roll?"
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:18
    Originally posted by stoker
    never heard the story about the calling of a national day of pray, did it come from the queen, churchhill, or the leader of the churchs. But i have heard a similar story about poland and a sister of mercy, saw the image of christ[before the war] and any city who made the image would be spared, and the story im told is 2 citys did and hitler left them from distruction, latter a bishop of hers was made pope.
    I understood it was Churchill's idea, but it was 1970 when I heard the story, so I might have forgotten some of it. Never heard the Sister of Mercy story before, but I like it๐Ÿ™‚
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [b]And then the next day Hitler called a national day of prayer and ....
    I don't think that happened, but I DID hear a different story that Hitler was asleep and left strict orders not to be disturbed at a pivotal point in the war, which some have interpreted as divine intervention.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:221 edit
    Didn't Dylan write a song after 9/11 called "Let's Roll?"
    I think you're thinking about Neil Young:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1633

The lyrics:
    http://www.lyrics007.com/print.php?id=TXpjMk1EQTU
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:27
    I'd never heard of the Angels of Mons, but I did have a 6th grade teacher who told us a story about WW2: as I recall, Great Britain was against the ropes and their leaders called for a National Day of Prayer. On the chosen Sunday, some significant part of their army was trapped in Europe but, for reasons unknown, Hitler either failed to order his army to ...[text shortened]... racity of the story (I was only 10, and I didn't have a coomputer), but I liked it. Still do.
    This was Dunkirk I think. When Hitler's army rolled over France the British expeditionary force was at Dunkirk trying to escape and the nazis could have gotten them all, but hitler ordered the army to hold back and that saved many lives.

Millions of people pray every day. It's amazing that we only pay attention really when they "come true" and then say that prayer works as opposed to the millions and millions of times they go unanswered.
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:29
    I don't think that happened, but I DID hear a different story that Hitler was asleep and left strict orders not to be disturbed at a pivotal point in the war, which some have interpreted as divine intervention.
    That was D-Day and from what I've read that in itself didn't cause as much of a problem as some other things.

The nazis weren't as prepared as they could/should have been for the invasion. Hitler's being asleep for too long in itself wasn't a deciding factor.
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 15:35
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    That was D-Day and from what I've read that in itself didn't cause as much of a problem as some other things.

The nazis weren't as prepared as they could/should have been for the invasion. Hitler's being asleep for too long in itself wasn't a deciding factor.
    Ahh--I do recall it better now. And you're probably right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree