1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 May '05 16:45
    Originally posted by ShallowBlue
    I think you are underestimating the power of conditioning.
    Crying 'Oh God' in various circumstances does not imply any admission of god's existence it is in many cases simply habitualisation as starrman points out.
    For instance, what do you infer about god when someone says 'oh god' while having an orgasm?
    He was spcecifically calling to God for help, just before he died.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 May '05 18:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The Rector of my college is a Christian. Many years ago he was in the Army. He had to go to the Angolan war. He was on the back of a military vehicle with one of his friends. He was talking to his friend about God. His friend said that God is a fairy tale. As an atheist he said that he does not believe that God exists...

The next moment they drove over ...[text shortened]... nce of God!

Don't wait for a bomb to explode in your life before you admit that God exists.
    Which college do you attend dj2?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 May '05 20:37
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The Rector of my college is a Christian. Many years ago he was in the Army. He had to go to the Angolan war. He was on the back of a military vehicle with one of his friends. He was talking to his friend about God. His friend said that God is a fairy tale. As an atheist he said that he does not believe that God exists...

The next moment they drove over ...[text shortened]... nce of God!

Don't wait for a bomb to explode in your life before you admit that God exists.
    this post demonstrates nothing. as pointed out by others, the atheist was merely uttering a phrase that has been implanted in his vocabulary by society.

you are just inviting scorn if you post something this unconvincing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree