1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 09:462 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Right, i'm driving up to Scotland Rob to pick you up this afternoon, i could do with a slave. Tell your family you'll see them in 2017.

I'll feed you and water you, although you won't be eating what i'll be eating. I'll erect a little ramshackle bivvy wack in the garden for you to stay in. I won't do you any harm, but it's gonna be a long, uncomfortable 7 years.
    while i thank you for your generous proposition, as a Celt you are of course aware of previous attempts to make us Scots slaves,

Dico Tibi Verum Libertas Optima rerum Nunquam servili Sub nexu vivito fili - Wallace monument - Robroystoun - Glasgow

Son, I tell you the truth, freedom is the best condition, never live life as a slave
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 20:59
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Here we go!
    Another follower of this god failing to condemn slavery simply because their god has endorsed it.
    Do any of these followers of this god dare to say that their god is WRONG and that god endorses something which is evil?
    And not even one of these so-called "christians" will condemn slavery since their god endorses it.
    I bet they do great preaching at Ku Klux Klan meetings.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 00:53
    Originally posted by bbarr
    White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
    Whitey or The Man will suffice.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 00:56
    Originally posted by duecer
    the greater context is that slaves were not kept for a lifetime, they were set free every seven years. here is also guidelines regarding the treatment of slaves that were far more advanced in thought than neighboring countries.
    That's technically right, but 7 years from the date of their servitude with a particular master. Hence the common practice of "slave swapping" to reset the clock so to speak.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 02:48
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Stewart's guest was an atheist who had written a book about how scirnce can deduce morality and ethis better than religion. I wasn't watching the show for the guest (it's usually the most boring part of the show), but when discussing why he was so anti-Scriptures (aka The Bible), his main point was the fact that an omniscient God would get such a basic mo ...[text shortened]... ides, mind you--I'm a WASP and ever shall be a WASP. But I found his point discomforting.
    Biblically speaking slavery was different from the brand seen in the 1800's. It was used more as a means of survival than a way to make a fortune off the backs of others on plantations. In the Bible slaves had rights and were even set free after so long. It would be akin to taking in someone who held up a sign, "Will work for food". Conversely, blacks were baught on the premise that they could make a plantation owner rich via free labor and next to no laws governing their treatment with no end in site.
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.
    Or "We Are So Perfect"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W.A.S.P.

“...W.A.S.P. stand for "We Are So Perfect" ...”
    ….oh, sorry, it actually says; “some people believe the initials W.A.S.P. stand for "We Are So Perfect" “

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree