1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '10 01:34
    Arthritic old man, hunched over, clutching his miniature statue in his hands to his breast, squeezing with what is left of his strength mouthing the words like a chant:

I have a dream, a fantasy
    to help me through reality
    and my destination makes it worth the while
    pushing through the darkness still another mile
    I believe in angels
    something good in everything I see
    I believe in angels
    when I know the time is right for me
    I'll cross the stream: I have a dream
    I'll cross the stream: I have a dream

Seeking succor where disappointment rules, he strains to make a reality where nothing but nothingness greets every word, every breath. No hope, he creates it with his feeble candle while blowing out any thought of light. In passing, he demands another reprieve... immediately.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '10 05:081 edit
    The gods may throw a dice
    Their minds as cold as ice
    And someone way down here
    Loses someone dear
    The winner takes it all
    The loser has to fall
    It's simple and it's plain
    Why should I complain
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '10 13:281 edit
    Always been amused by Chesterton's, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists."

Edit: If there were no FreakyKBH (Your Ad Here), there would be no Freaky detractors.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 May '10 13:42
    I don't get it.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '10 14:05
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't get it.
    The OP sees the atheist from the standpoint of him holding to his beliefs in a religious fashion. He quotes from the prophets, communes with like-minded people and seeks to proselytize unbelievers. His desire to have others repent is not from a standpoint of love or concern to them as much as a need to convince himself he is right: competing beliefs are a threat to his world view.

His rigidity is a result of years of stubbornness, rendering him completely inflexible.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 May '10 15:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The OP sees the atheist from the standpoint of him holding to his beliefs in a religious fashion. He quotes from the prophets, communes with like-minded people and seeks to proselytize unbelievers. His desire to have others repent is not from a standpoint of love or concern to them as much as a need to convince himself he is right: competing beliefs are ...[text shortened]... view.

His rigidity is a result of years of stubbornness, rendering him completely inflexible.
    Okay. When I first read it, it seemed that the OP was not looking at an atheist at all.... Quite the opposite in fact. Stills seems a bit like pots and kettles to me.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '10 18:37
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Okay. When I first read it, it seemed that the OP was not looking at an atheist at all.... Quite the opposite in fact. Stills seems a bit like pots and kettles to me.
    Agreed.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 May '10 20:17
    Even theists feel the need to talk about atheism...
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 May '10 23:03
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Even theists feel the need to talk about atheism...
    Ha! Touché!
  10. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    08 May '10 23:36
    The down side of being an atheist is that when they make love, there's no one to talk to.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 May '10 00:00
    Originally posted by patauro
    The down side of being an atheist is that when they make love, there's no one to talk to.
    For the love of Spock! Rock me, Captain Kirk! Rock me, Starfleet Commander!
  12. Standard memberChester Checkers
    Citizen of Texas
    Dallas Texas
    Moves
    30 May '10 13:29
    http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php

Who said bang?
    Instead of talking to a god during copulation just watch TV, but don't change the channel.
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 02:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Always been amused by Chesterton's, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists."
    True, likewise "If there were no God, there would be no theists" and it doesn't really explain anything.

All it proves is that there are certain words that exist that depend on other words to exist. Like, "If there was no hot, there will be no cold" (effectively meaning that everything is the same temperature so no relative terms for comparison).

Just a play on words which do not prove anything to do with the subject being discussed (even though many attempt to do so).
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 02:33
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    For the love of Spock! Rock me, Captain Kirk! Rock me, Starfleet Commander!
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree