1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 19:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks for the game. By the way, in polite company comparisons are still odious.
    The comparison between you and RJHinds is fascinating. Birds of an intellectual feather. Similar interpersonal skills.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 19:34
    Thanks for the game. By the way, in polite company comparisons are still odious.
    I'll treat your advice on social etiquette with the respect it deserves.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 20:06
    ... thanks for trashing a promising thread.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 20:081 edit
    Really?

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
    And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
    Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
    And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
    And every fair from fair sometime declines,
    By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
    But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
    Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
    Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
    When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
    So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
    So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."

http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15555

(Don't take this personally.)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 21:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Okay. Thanks, GB.
    My pleasure.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 00:58
    "The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder the soul
    and the spirit, and of the joints and the marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)

Yes, I most certaintly do. These men were the human authors, chosen by the Holy Spirit, to reveal the Plan
    ...[text shortened]... and Mind of Christ to the Human Race. Whenever He does something it's alive and permanent.
    So the gods don't like Asia?

I'm not trying to be trivial. This stuff you're pushing into everyone's face, you have zero basis. Well, a random book. I have loads of random books.

Your belief is strong. But you are unwilling to examine it?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 01:16
    Originally posted by apathist
    So the gods don't like Asia?

I'm not trying to be trivial. This stuff you're pushing into everyone's face, you have zero basis. Well, a random book. I have loads of random books.

Your belief is strong. But you are unwilling to examine it?
    ""
    ºº
    ¿
    O
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 02:17
    [b]The Attibutes of God

a) God is love (I John 4:16); b)God is absolute righteousness and justice (Ps. 33:5); c) God is soverign (Ps.83:18b). He doesn't desire anyone to perish in the lake of fire (I Tim. 2:4); d) God is eternal life and is absolute existence, without beginning or end Ps. 90:2, 102:27). Unless we posse ...[text shortened]... shall not see life. The wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36). Choice is yours.
    .[/b]
    Another quality of God is his "pure justice". To many it seems God is cruel to take the lifes of seemingly innocent ones in the past.
    Other then his written word we may not always get the explinations and reasons why he did those things.
    The Bible says that "his ways are not the ways of earthling man and his thoughts are higher then our thoughts".
    We are only scratching the surface of what the universe is like and have really no idea how God created much of anything.
    So if we can barely see and understand the physical things God has made, how can we begin to question his decisions on his judgements on humans with spiritual matters?
    We cannnot read humans hearts, hence we cannot know them only as God does.
    Plus he can see into the future and knows exactly how to make things work for his will to be fulfilled, not the will of man.
    His plans for humans future are righteous and just and will be for the good of the ones that want him to be our Father.
    Once he has done his will and corrected our problems, he will never allow it to happen again by his word.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 02:51
    Originally posted by galveston75

Another quality of God is his "pure justice". To many it seems God is cruel to take the lifes of seemingly innocent ones in the past.
    Other then his written word we may not always get the explinations and reasons why he did those things.
    The Bible says that "his ways are not the ways of earthling man and his thoughts are higher then our thought ...[text shortened]... as done his will and corrected our problems, he will never allow it to happen again by his word.
    The Attibutes of God

a) God is love (I John 4:16); b)God is absolute righteousness and justice (Ps. 33:5); c) God is soverign (Ps.83:18b). He doesn't desire anyone to perish in the lake of fire (I Tim. 2:4); d) God is eternal life and is absolute existence... "

Would you see "absolute righteousness and justice" as the equivalent of "pure justice"?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 02:59
    [b]The Attibutes of God

a) God is love (I John 4:16); b)God is absolute righteousness and justice (Ps. 33:5); c) God is soverign (Ps.83:18b). He doesn't desire anyone to perish in the lake of fire (I Tim. 2:4); d) God is eternal life and is absolute existence... "

Would you see "absolute righteousness and justice" as the equivalent of "pure justice"?
    .[/b]
    I would for sure.....
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 19:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You're getting Hinds Syndrome - posting
    random links to evade difficult questions.

Out of courtesy I tried your first link;
    nothing there of relevance ...
    Those links aren't entirely random, they have significance to your question.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 19:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Those links aren't entirely random, ....
    Mostly random.
    As I said I gave up after checking out the first one.
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:23
    [b]The Attibutes of God

.[/b]
    What does it mean to be perfectly just? Would it, for instance, entail that a perfectly just being would treat everyone precisely in the manner they deserve? Do you think this would be at all in tension with being loving? If being merciful, forgiving, compassionate and generous is at least partly constitutive of being loving, then it seems to be at odds with the retributive side of justice. Or is it that justice and love form a unity, and that perfect justice is tempered by love, and that perfect love is tempered by justice; that all of the virtues, essentially, form a complex? Just curious about what you take these terms to mean, and whether we're supposed to read them as we would in their typical application to humans.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 01:451 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr

What does it mean to be perfectly just? Would it, for instance, entail that a perfectly just being would treat everyone precisely in the manner they deserve? Do you think this would be at all in tension with being loving? If being merciful, forgiving, compassionate and generous is at least partly constitutive of being loving, then it seems to be at odds with ...[text shortened]... o mean, and whether we're supposed to read them as we would in their typical application to humans.
    "What does it mean to be perfectly just? Would it, for instance, entail that a perfectly just being would treat everyone precisely in the manner they deserve? Do you think this would be at all in tension with being loving? If being merciful, forgiving, compassionate and generous is at least partly constitutive of being loving, then it seems to be at odds with the retributive side of justice. Or is it that justice and love form a unity, and that perfect justice is tempered by love, and that perfect love is tempered by justice; that all of the virtues, essentially, form a complex? Just curious about what you take these terms to mean, and whether we're supposed to read them as we would in their typical application to humans."

.............................................................................................

Bbar, your four question marks beautifully veil and, in so doing, seriously understate the compound questions contained in your thoughful post (as well as the complexity of the issues involved). You've always approached this forum with an open, inquiring mind. Hope it'll be on its A-Game with six introductory propositions about God. Not seeking to prove them; simply to state them as an essential framework for undersanding the plan of God. Six Propositions: One) God Exists; Two) God Reveals Himself; Three) God Makes Sense; Four) God Has a Plan; Five) You Are the Object of God's Plan; Six) You Owe God a Hearing. Nothing's required except an open mind. No gimmicks. No salesmanship... just information God has provided through the Bible. All any of us need to do is listen. We have nothing in this world to give to God except a hearing. Whether or not we do is strictly a matter of individual choice. (to be continued)
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 02:31
    ... (to be continued)
    😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree