1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:12
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Yeah but God was to create us. I think Q just adopted us, Like an intergalactic big brother/sister association. You see what I'm saying here?
    I see what you're saying. I guess for me I kind of gravitated toward him as God and got a big kick out of the acting as he always seemed like God in drag to me , especially the trial episode.
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I see what you're saying. I guess for me I kind of gravitated toward him as God and got a big kick out of the acting as he always seemed like God in drag to me , especially the trial episode.
    Maybe he was more like the equivalent of an angel, saying "hey look out there, the big guy's watching ya".
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:34
    Sweet Jesus, spare me a thread on this here subject. I got drawn in to this here Star Trek nonsense to save my marriage. But seein how marriage is a bargain, it be inda like the rule of acquisition where ya gotta bend instead of break.

OK, my take on tha Q entity. He, in my opinion, was neither evil or good. He simply represented (may tha stonin c ...[text shortened]... Ivanhoe, if you listenin, just remember it's a damn TV show. It ain't theology so just relax.
    Kirk: " Ivanhoe, if you listenin, just remember it's a damn TV show. It ain't theology so just relax ... "

I understand where your comin' from bro ... I feel for ya ......
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:48
    Maybe he was more like the equivalent of an angel, saying "hey look out there, the big guy's watching ya".
    Does it strike you as odd that we are doing more talking about the nature of God based on a Star Trek character in a more civil tone than some of the other biblically based nature of God threads?
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:51
    Does it strike you as odd that we are doing more talking about the nature of God based on a Star Trek character in a more civil tone than some of the other biblically based nature of God threads?
    That's the whole reason why I ws trying the trek angle brother kirksey. See the bible is disputed, trek is canon.

With many philisophical and social commentary snuck in under the guise of a neat sci fi with cool special effects.

From the savage curtian:

"what gives you the right to do this?"

"the same thing that brought you here, the need to know new things."
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:56
    That's the whole reason why I ws trying the trek angle brother kirksey. See the bible is disputed, trek is canon.

With many philisophical and social commentary snuck in under the guise of a neat sci fi with cool special effects.

From the savage curtian:

"what gives you the right to do this?"

"the same thing that brought you here, the need to know new things."
    That will preach, my sista, that will preach.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree