The battle of the sexes/marriage

The battle of the sexes/marriage

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Taken from a scene in deep space nine one of my favorite shows, and in honor of Bbarr's statement.

But, enough about the war with the Dominion" says Martok, "I want to hear about the war at home. You , and he married Kasidy Yates a short time ago.',300); return false;">just married that freighter captain didn't you?" Yep, Sisko sure did. Martok informs Ben that "...war has broken out, whenever you know it or not. A long, gruelling, intoxicating war. I remember the day my beloved Sirella moved in to my home. I had a pet targ, had him ever since I was a boy. A filthy beast, but in his bony breast beat the heart of a warrior. Of course Sirella loathed him. Well, to make a long story short, while she was supervising the unloading of her bags, Sirella 'accidentally' left the front door open, and my faithful targ ever ready to follow the call of the wild totted outside on its frail legs and disappeared into the forest. I never laid eyes on him again.

Lady Sirella draws first blood" muses Sisko. "You see my point" says Martok, "don't get me wrong, I would not trade Sirella for all the targs on Qo'noS, and, over the course of our marriage, I won more then my fair share of battles between us but in the end, I know, she, will win the war.

Just thought it was cute.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
Taken from a scene in deep space nine one of my favorite shows, and in honor of Bbarr's statement.

But, enough about the war with the Dominion" says Martok, "I want to hear about the war at home. You , and he married Kasidy Yates a short time ago.',300); return false;">just married that freighter captain didn't you?" Yep, Sisko sure did. Martok infor ...[text shortened]... f battles between us but in the end, I know, she, will win the war.

Just thought it was cute.
Nyxie, you may hate me for what I'm about to say, but I found that I experienced a certain "call to the wild" whenever the Pherengie were featured in Deep Space 9. I they were there to represent a man's brainstem.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Nyxie, you may hate me for what I'm about to say, but I found that I experienced a certain "call to the wild" whenever the Pherengie were featured in Deep Space 9. I they were there to represent a man's brainstem.
They represent the cpitilistic greedy side of men. Those that seek to aquire and own all of that around them.

The leader of the ferengi is called the grand nagus. Nagus is the singular of nagi, the cause of west nile virus, I believe. So in other words he is the personification of a virus, aquiring and altering and making things his own.

See brock aquire
aquire brock aquire

rule of aquisition number 1

Once you have there money you never give it back.

To the ferengi there is a code of beliefs, the rules of aquisition, which they follow to the letter. This is their religion, and it is greed. The stars are made of latinum.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

They represent the cpitilistic greedy side of men. Those that seek to aquire and own all of that around them.

The leader of the ferengi is called the grand nagus. Nagus is the singular of nagi, the cause of west nile virus, I believe. So in other words he is the personification of a virus, aquiring and altering and making things his own.

See brock aquir ...[text shortened]... ollow to the letter. This is their religion, and it is greed. The stars are made of latinum.

I think the 2nd rule of acquisition is "money comes befo the honey." I always got a kick out of how their earlobes were their "soft spot.""

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

I think the 2nd rule of acquisition is "money comes befo the honey." I always got a kick out of how their earlobes were their "soft spot.""
1.) Once you have their money, never give it back

2.) You can't cheat an honest customer, but it never hurts to try

3.) Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to

4.) Sex and profit are the two things that never last long enough

5.) If you can't break a contract, bend it

6.) Never let family stand in the way of opportunity

7.) Always keep your ears open

8.) Keep count of your change

9.) Instinct plus opportunity equals profit

10.) A dead customer can't buy as much as a live one

You can read the rest here:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/3824/rules.html

I like :

35.) Peace is good for business

36.) War is good for business

Yes the great lobes as a tantric zone. If you watch the women traders they were happy to trade Oomakt massage, for a better deal.

Who's gonna win I ask ya?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

Nyxie, do you realize how much of a resemblence I share wit Sisco?

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Nyxie, do you realize how much of a resemblence I share wit Sisco?
He does'nt wear glasses.

I think I'm like the second dax. All that knowledge jumbled up in a confused hyper little nervous bundle.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Did you ever notice the relationship between odo and quark? Bbarr's comment about Ivanhoe and he being like an old married couple in thier arguments, reminds me of this a lot.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

He does'nt wear glasses.

I think I'm like the second dax. All that knowledge jumbled up in a confused hyper little nervous bundle.
I was thinking about the two of us being bald-headed black mens.

Yes, I kinda see you as the symbion of the site.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

Did you ever notice the relationship between odo and quark? Bbarr's comment about Ivanhoe and he being like an old married couple in thier arguments, reminds me of this a lot.
That's funny you would say that because in my mind I have a visual image of Ivanhoe that is very similar to Odo in terms of body build, age, and always takin everybody's inventory. I don't give him Odo's nose though.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

That's funny you would say that because in my mind I have a visual image of Ivanhoe that is very similar to Odo in terms of body build, age, and always takin everybody's inventory. I don't give him Odo's nose though.
Omg we have another star trek fan on the site. You and I and phlab, that makes three. It may be time to actually start my discusions on the spiritual and religious references in star trek.

For the first a simple one, was Q an evil or a good being?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 Jun 05

Omg we have another star trek fan on the site. You and I and phlab, that makes three. It may be time to actually start my discusions on the spiritual and religious references in star trek.

For the first a simple one, was Q an evil or a good being?
Sweet Jesus, spare me a thread on this here subject. I got drawn in to this here Star Trek nonsense to save my marriage. But seein how marriage is a bargain, it be inda like the rule of acquisition where ya gotta bend instead of break.

OK, my take on tha Q entity. He, in my opinion, was neither evil or good. He simply represented (may tha stonin commence) God's dark side. Ivanhoe, if you listenin, just remember it's a damn TV show. It ain't theology so just relax.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
07 Jun 05

Sweet Jesus, spare me a thread on this here subject. I got drawn in to this here Star Trek nonsense to save my marriage. But seein how marriage is a bargain, it be inda like the rule of acquisition where ya gotta bend instead of break.

OK, my take on tha Q entity. He, in my opinion, was neither evil or good. He simply represented (may tha stonin c ...[text shortened]... Ivanhoe, if you listenin, just remember it's a damn TV show. It ain't theology so just relax.
I think you're wrong totally here. See Q was mischeivous yes, but other members of the Continuim could barely stand humans. Do you think he put the crew on trial as a warning so that they would know there were more powerful beings out there watching them. If mankind spread out to quickly without control, they could be a threat. Q showed a good side.

Also in one episode he flung the enterprise to meet the borg. These creatures were heading towards earth, and if he had'nt done that we would'nt have known they were on their way and could'nt prepare for them.

So not God, but a self proclaimed omnicent being, pretending to be mischievious, yet in the long run looking out for us.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
07 Jun 05

I think you're wrong totally here. See Q was mischeivous yes, but other members of the Continuim could barely stand humans. Do you think he put the crew on trial as a warning so that they would know there were more powerful beings out there watching them. If mankind spread out to quickly without control, they could be a threat. Q showed a good side.

Also i ...[text shortened]... roclaimed omnicent being, pretending to be mischievious, yet in the long run looking out for us.
I thought that's what God was. "A self-proclaimed omniscient being, pretending to be mischievious, yet in the long run looking out for us."

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
07 Jun 05

I thought that's what God was. "A self-proclaimed omniscient being, pretending to be mischievious, yet in the long run looking out for us."
Yeah but God was to create us. I think Q just adopted us, Like an intergalactic big brother/sister association. You see what I'm saying here?