1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:032 edits
    The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:06
    24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:16
    42 “Whoever causes one of these [z]little ones who believe to stumble, it [aa]would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he [ab]had been cast into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into [ac]hell, into the unquenchable fire, 44 [[ad]where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.] 45 If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into [ae]hell, 46 [[af]where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.] 47 If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into [ag]hell, 48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

49 “For everyone will be salted with fire. 50 Salt is good; but if the salt becomes unsalty, with what will you [ah]make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+9&version=NASB
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:19
    OK Raj this is for you.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 22:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    OK Raj this is for you.
    Who's "Raj" ?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 01:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Who's "Raj" ?
    The guy who likes to say the Bible doesn't mention heaven.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 01:56
    Are you referring to me? Did I say the bible does not mention heaven?

I said the bible never says that anyone GOES TO HEAVEN.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 03:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Ok so your problem is with the term heaven. Surely you can see that some will go to a better place than others.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 10:39
    Ok so your problem is with the term heaven. Surely you can see that some will go to a better place than others.
    Not interested in that. Get back to the point. You constantly use the term 'go to heaven'. Where does the Bible say that anyone goes to heaven.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 11:54
    Not interested in that. Get back to the point. You constantly use the term 'go to heaven'. Where does the Bible say that anyone goes to heaven.
    The god place people call heaven, the bad place people call hell.

If you don't like the term heaven, replace it in your head with what you consider the proper term for the good place.

Unless of course you are just looking for attention, then by all means tell people they are wrong and hope to get into a multi-response conversation leading to nothing.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 12:23
    The god place people call heaven, the bad place people call hell.

If you don't like the term heaven, replace it in your head with what you consider the proper term for the good place.

Unless of course you are just looking for attention, then by all means tell people they are wrong and hope to get into a multi-response conversation leading to nothing.
    So you concede. Good. At least you are man enough to do that.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 12:32
    So you concede. Good. At least you are man enough to do that.
    If that's how you want to view it.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 13:091 edit
    If that's how you want to view it.
    Its the only way to view it.
    You made a statement
    You said its in the Bible
    You cannot show where
    You back off
    Therefore you concede.

You should not start a new thread just to demonstrate your lack of knowledge.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 01:10

God created us to learn and understand and grow. So let us think a little.

The prayer Jesus taught (known as the "Our Father"😉 Our Father who is in heaven. Then let us go to Genesis where the scripture states. "Enoch loved God" "and God took him" .

In the Gospel of John - the opening. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. " Then it says, "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us"

So you have the Word of God, memorized and handed down by the Levites, telling us of Enoch, going to God, who is in Heaven.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 01:321 edit
    you mean Rajk?

Its just the first rule of civility ,sir. you would be neutered in any other century

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree