1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 12:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh the irony, your way more fundamentalist in your approach than even the craziest young earth creationist high on another evolutionary myth being uncovered as a fraudulent attempt to support the hypothesis, but seeing i like you, i shall offer a piece of free although admittedly unsolicited advise, give it up! its doing you no good whatsoever!
    i shall offer a piece of free although admittedly unsolicited advise, give it up! its doing you no good whatsoever!

I honestly laughed out loud when i read that. You're a first-class nutcase Carrobie.

I am intrigued as to how accepting the leading scientific views of the day can somehow ido you no good whatsoever'
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 12:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]i shall offer a piece of free although admittedly unsolicited advise, give it up! its doing you no good whatsoever!

I honestly laughed out loud when i read that. You're a first-class nutcase Carrobie.

I am intrigued as to how accepting the leading scientific views of the day can somehow ido you no good whatsoever'[/b]
    oh Noobster, if it brought a smile to your face it is enough for me, but my intentions towards Fabians are not with regard to science not to its credibility, or even its relevance, but to his crusade against these 'spectres', of fundamentalism. He is becoming one himself, he has in other words been 'assimilated', and now shares the same characteristics as the collective fundamentalist subconscious!
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 12:31
    oh Noobster, if it brought a smile to your face it is enough for me, but my intentions towards Fabians are not with regard to science not to its credibility, or even its relevance, but to his crusade against these 'spectres', of fundamentalism. He is becoming one himself, he has in other words been 'assimilated', and now shares the same characteristics as the collective fundamentalist subconscious!
    I think that's maybe being a touch dramatic.

He likes to point out the lunacy within fundamentalist religious peoples views within the forum of a chess website, nothing more, nothing less. Some posters promote the so called 'imspired word of God', he queries it.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 12:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Think? Fundamentalists never think. If they think they would never be fundamentalists. They let other think for them. Like the fundamentalists preachers. Who don't think either, by the way.
    If you think fundamentalists don't think, then why do you debate with them?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 13:582 edits
    I think that's maybe being a touch dramatic.

He likes to point out the lunacy within fundamentalist religious peoples views within the forum of a chess website, nothing more, nothing less. Some posters promote the so called 'imspired word of God', he queries it.
    mmm yes you have a point, but his queries are based simply on a personal dislike of fundamentalism, rather than actual reasoning, if we think of it chess terms its like looking at a position without the backup of some concrete variations. yes we are able to speak in generalities, but sooner or later, we need to get down to specifics. look at the arguments that have been proposed. the bible is 'inspired of God', how can one state, or offer proof, that it is not inspired? stating things like, i supports slavery, or it is anti women, or gays shall burn in hell are utterly futile, for they in themselves may be based on interpretations, thus what you must contend with is that generalisations cannot work, and our friend Fabian, in my opinion, would be much better off taking the view, that ok, even if i do not accept it, it may seem plausible to someone else, for we perceive things in different ways and evaluate things differently.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 16:44
    mmm yes you have a point, but his queries are based simply on a personal dislike of fundamentalism, rather than actual reasoning, if we think of it chess terms its like looking at a position without the backup of some concrete variations. yes we are able to speak in generalities, but sooner or later, we need to get down to specifics. look at the a ...[text shortened]... ble to someone else, for we perceive things in different ways and evaluate things differently.
    Robbie you seem to have confused me with someone who is concerned about your views on Fabian.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 18:131 edit
    Robbie you seem to have confused me with someone who is concerned about your views on Fabian.
    no i thought you might be simply concerned about Fabian.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 22:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of course fossils and other findings contradicts the biblical Young Earth dogma!
    If you cannot see this, then you have to tell us how you can avoid these facts?
    Noooo--as has been said many times before, I dont have to tell or explain anything. No one does😉 That's one of the beauties of opinions, faith, free will ,and all that good stuff... But for the sake of argument,

you've made a HUGE assumption that is incorrect--I do NOT believe in a "Young Earth" dogma, nor do I believe the fact that the earth is four-and-a-half billion years old in any way contradicts the Bible. I'm sure you've heard of the "gap" theory, the "a day to God is as 1000 years to man"-philosophy, etc. The Genesis account isn't a science book. All one has to do is look through a telescope, do a little triangulation and *WHOOOP--'der it iz!*--the light you see is MILLIONS+++ of miles away! I know that; you know that--but how that changes the fact that "God created the heavens and the earth" is, well....unproven (to me, anyway)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree