1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 16:30
    Why is it considered the actual word of God. How did that concept develope ? Why has it been grandfathered in as a rational book ? In my mind it's just another Holy Book that claims to be from God somehow. I hate it when somwone trys to justify their belief with regurgitating passages from the Bible. As if that will settle the argument. A Book should not be worshiped.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 21:22
    Originally posted by buckky
    Why is it considered the actual word of God. How did that concept develope ? Why has it been grandfathered in as a rational book ? In my mind it's just another Holy Book that claims to be from God somehow. I hate it when somwone trys to justify their belief with regurgitating passages from the Bible. As if that will settle the argument. A Book should not be worshiped.
    In the order of your questions:

Through faith.
    Read the book to find out.
    I don't know anyone who considers it a"rational" book; it is a spiritual book.
    How else would someone explain their faith which is based fundamentally on the Bible.
    The Bible is not worshipped, at least not in mainstream Christianity.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 02:05
    It has fewer spelling errors than your post does. Proof enough for me. 😛
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 03:13
    I'm not aware of anyone who worships the Bible. Perhaps you should get to know it better to see what it really is...
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 09:08
    The Bible is Truth.
    The Bible gives evidence for God.
    The Bible is Truth therefore God exists.
    God exists therefore the Bible is True.
    Because the Bible is true we infer that God exists.
    Therefore .....

(c) RJHinds
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 11:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The Bible is Truth.
    The Bible gives evidence for God.
    The Bible is Truth therefore God exists.
    God exists therefore the Bible is True.
    Because the Bible is true we infer that God exists.
    Therefore .....

(c) RJHinds
    Bad logic. Make some sense.
  7. England
    Moves
    30 Sep '11 14:42
    a] its my belief that its part of gods grace so we have guidence.
    b] it developed from a pope who decided to collect together works of grace so to give the world the knowledge.
    c] until
    such a time it is a holy book we use to form our belief
    d] to justify there belief yes so do i. it can be missused but if you read it yourself then you see them by there works
    e] never seen it worshiped but paraded around in some waving testerment to give creedence to the holder, very poor in my view
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 06:30
    Originally posted by stoker
    a] its my belief that its part of gods grace so we have guidence.
    b] it developed from a pope who decided to collect together works of grace so to give the world the knowledge.
    c] until
    such a time it is a holy book we use to form our belief
    d] to justify there belief yes so do i. it can be missused but if you read it yourself then you see them by there ...[text shortened]... t paraded around in some waving testerment to give creedence to the holder, very poor in my view
    The Eastern Churches have the Holy Bible, too and historical sources say
    there were many bibles used by early churches, such as the Septuagint.
    So I don't think it was the result of one Pope of the RCC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree