The big bang.

The big bang.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
22 Feb 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Interesting....well then how does life manifest at all.
Oh this is an example of a devious debating technique. You were challenged to justify your assertion as follows: “....5. Presenting that consciousness, awareness, cognition, free will, meaning, purpose.........are only chemical reactions. ...” by giving an example of anyone presenting that argument. Instead, you ask how does life manifest itself, which is not an answer. It is a neat twist to avoid answering.

If we tell you that we do not know how life manifested itself (originally), and have only a number of theories and informed speculations, you will announce that in this case you are right and we are wrong, but of course it proves you wrong. Of course, once life has started on Earth, the theory of Evolution with its many many refinements and additional insights through diverse field of science has no difficulty whatever accounting for what happened after that initial (metaphorical) spark.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Feb 11

Originally posted by finnegan
Oh this is an example of a devious debating technique. You were challenged to justify your assertion as follows: “....5. Presenting that consciousness, awareness, cognition, free will, meaning, purpose.........are only chemical reactions. ...” by giving an example of anyone presenting that argument. Instead, you ask how does life manifest itself, which is n ...[text shortened]... has no difficulty whatever accounting for what happened after that initial (metaphorical) spark.
Evolution of the species from a puddle is a story, a fabrication created from the discovery of some bones.

Many prominent science persons are not supporting it any longer, and one should really catch up with the rest of the truthful people.

The book..."Forbidden Archaeology" is the final nail in the coffin for evolution.

F

Moves
23 Feb 11

Many prominent science persons are not supporting it any longer, and one should really catch up with the rest of the truthful people.

The book..."Forbidden Archaeology" is the final nail in the coffin for evolution.
By what measure do you adjudge Michael Cremo to be a "prominent scientist"? Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe him as a "writer" who produces material that is popular within a certain niche market?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 Feb 11

Evolution of the species from a puddle is a story, a fabrication created from the discovery of some bones.

Really? Someone tell the scientists working on the evolution of viruses.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 Feb 11

Disregarding that nonsense, you still fail to respond to the challenge set - to justify your absurd claims about what science proposes. You are throwing sand in our eyes to escape the point. You made the claims - justify them.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
By what measure do you adjudge Michael Cremo to be a "prominent scientist"? Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe him as a "writer" who produces material that is popular within a certain niche market?
Michael Cremo is a member of the History of Science Society, the World Archeological Congress, the Philosophy of Science Association, the European Association of Archaeologists and a research associate in history and philosophy of science for the Bhaktivedanta Institute. After receiving a scholarship to study International Affairs at George Washington University, Michael began to study the ancient histories of India known as the Vedas. In this way, he has broadened his academic knowledge with spirituality from the Eastern tradition.

Michael is on the cutting edge of science and culture issues. In the course of a few months time he might be found on pilgrimage to sacred sites in India, appearing on a national television show in the United States or another country, lecturing at a mainstream science conference, or speaking to an alternative science gathering. As he crosses disciplinary and cultural boundaries, he presents to his various audiences a compelling case for negotiating a new consensus on the nature of reality.

Forbidden Archaeology was compiled by Michael Cremo and Richard L Thompson and over a period of 8 -9 years they travelled the entire world and investigated every single archaeological find, leaving no stone unturned.

Michael Cremo is the worlds leading authority for "Extreme Human Antiquity"

Also....

It was Richard Thompson who fearlessly led many attacks against the godless myths in the form of so-called science. His writing and speaking were so eloquent that no one could defeat him. Once in 1984, we invited Richard to speak at the prestigious Eindhoven University in the Netherlands (home to many Phillips Corporation scientists).

The topic of the lecture was “Consciousness,” and the audience was made up entirely of science professors, including the chancellor of the university, a reputed scientist himself. Richard used a slide show demonstration and explained each slide thoroughly. He presented a convincing argument in favor of consciousness being a component of a living being rather than an outcome of material interactions.

The audience was in rapt attention and quiet until the questions and answers period afterward. These professors contemplated every word he said and they were determined to dismantle his arguments. They asked questions like, “Dr. Thompson, are you familiar with the work done by such and such scientist in the field of such and such?” Everyone was amazed at how Sadaputa Prabhu knew all about every subject that was asked. Not only that but he was able to synthesize and critique the work under discussion in light of the superior Vedic conclusions.

By the time the questions were over, the audience was spellbound. The best of scientists were unable to find any holes in his presentationithey became completely silent. Following the discussion, a wondrous prasadam feast was served and everyone honored it with gusto. Several professors, including the chancellor, stayed on longer and asked Richard questions of a more personal nature.

One question was, “Dr. Thompson, how should we deal with the question of evil.” Sadaputa Prabhu answered all the submissive inquiries to their full satisfaction. That was one of the most striking preaching engagements I have ever witnessed.

Thompson,s work of debunking Darwin’s Theory of Evolution will go down as one of the history’s greatest acts of scholarship and kindness to a misguided civilization. Seeing him featured on NBC television’s The Mysterious Origins of Man, hosted by Charlton Heston, was exhilarating beyond description.

In the 1970’s Richard and I spent many an hour together discussing a preaching strategy-a traveling Vedic planetarium in a tent. We envisioned taking it to universities all over America. I hope that dream of ours can still take place.

Richard L Thompson had the unique ability to explain extremely complex scientific subjects in a manner that most moderately-educated laymen could understand.

Sadly Richard was murdered shortly after compiling Forbidden Archaeology....and the science community (false science) have blood on their hands.

Science is so fearful that their crown of keepers of the truth will be lost, that they lower themselves to unscrupulous fabrications and theories in an endeavour to keep the public bewildered.

Richards lectures are online.

F

Moves
23 Feb 11

Michael Cremo is a member of the History of Science Society, the World Archeological Congress, the Philosophy of Science Association, the European Association of Archaeologists and a research associate in history and philosophy of science for the Bhaktivedanta Institute. After receiving a scholarship to study International Affairs at George Washington Universit ...[text shortened]... s and theories in an endeavour to keep the public bewildered.

Richards lectures are online.
Doing an unattributed copy & paste of some promotional material does not achieve anything, Dasa. Michael Cremo can hardly be described as a "prominent scientist". As I said, it would be more accurate to describe him as a "writer" who produces material that a certain niche market of 'true believers' consumes avidly?

F

Moves
23 Feb 11

In the 1970’s Richard and I spent many an hour together discussing a preaching strategy-a traveling Vedic planetarium in a tent. We envisioned taking it to universities all over America.
Were you in Brisbane or India in the 1970s? Where did you meet Richard? Have you taught in American universities then?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
Doing an unattributed copy & paste of some promotional material does not achieve anything, Dasa. Michael Cremo can hardly be described as a "prominent scientist". As I said, it would be more accurate to describe him as a "writer" who produces material that a certain niche market of 'true believers' consumes avidly?
What is your purpose in this forum?

You claim to be a theist, and I or anybody else do not know what you stand for.

Your thread I am a theist did not present anything....no truisms, no spiritual knowledge, no wisdom, no clarification on what is God....nothing but that you are not a religionist, you have no instructions, you dont care to present anything, your not sure if God is real, you dont think anyone has any knowledge of God (have you spoken to everyone in the world have you), you dont accept authority............what are you doing in this forum?

Even when you reject something, it is not backed up by giving some higher proposal....you just say I reject ... and that's it....a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy can reject, its not difficult.

F

Moves
24 Feb 11

What is your purpose in this forum?[...]
Even when you reject something, it is not backed up by giving some higher proposal....you just say I reject ... and that's it....a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy can reject, its not difficult.
You compare me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy"? What is your purpose saying such things to people on this forum?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
Were you in Brisbane or India in the 1970s? Where did you meet Richard? Have you taught in American universities then?
I have not taught anywhere ....I am not a public speaker.

I met Richard in India in the late seventies. (briefly)

Richard was murdered by the cheating science establishment for presenting truth to the world.

The particular section of science persons who present false teachings to the world are the lowest of mankind.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Feb 11

Richard was murdered by the cheating science establishment for presenting truth to the world.
That explains a lot about your grudge against scientists in general. Interesting though how you nevertheless feel it is a compliment to call Michael Cremo a "prominent scientist" and justify that by trying to show how he is a member of every possible 'science establishment' he could get into.

F

Moves
24 Feb 11

I have not taught anywhere ....I am not a public speaker.

I met Richard in India in the late seventies. (briefly)
You met Richard L. Thompson only "briefly" and yet you spent "many an hour together discussing a preaching strategy"?

Unfortunately, these words [in your post] that you claim as your own - after just a modicum of investigation on the net - also turn out to be the words of 62 year old American author Danavir Goswami, also known as Dr. Dane Holtzman, who - unlike you - actually claims to have known Thompson very well and to have discussed plans to do some kind of a lecture tour of the U.S. Meanwhile you claim you are "not a public speaker" and to have only met Thompson "briefly".

Are you Danavir Goswami? If you are, tell us about the book called "Science of the Round Earth" that you helped write.

If you are, as some may now suspect, simply trying to defraud the members of this Forum, perhaps you should admit it immediately, apologise, and put it behind you as quickly as possible.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
That explains a lot about your grudge against scientists in general. Interesting though how you nevertheless feel it is a compliment to call Michael Cremo a "prominent scientist" and justify that by trying to show how he is a member of every possible 'science establishment' he could get into.
What a pathetic comment.....I have said a million times ...I am only exposing false science, for false science misdirects the whole world with their fabrications..

Why do you defend false science?

F

Moves
24 Feb 11

In the 1970’s Richard and I spent many an hour together discussing a preaching strategy-a traveling Vedic planetarium in a tent. We envisioned taking it to universities all over America. I hope that dream of ours can still take place.
Yes or no question, Dasa, if you don't mind.

Are you or are you not claiming to be 62 year old American Danavir Goswami, also known as Dr. Dane Holtzman, public speaker and co-author of the book called "Science of the Round Earth"?

He was the author of the words you wrote in the first person above. Are you claiming it's you? Or are you going to deny it's you?