1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '05 01:02
    >I got brought up through church and spent 4 years at a christian church school.For whatever reasons I know little about the book of life....but still very interesting.

>Feel free to answer.(1)How do you get your name in.(2)Can it get erased/re-written.(3)What number of people are written.(4)What ratio of people today are written(5)The process involved when it is read out.(6)Anything else of interest to you.

>The Bible is a very complicated book so I would prefer some simple/intelegent answers.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '05 01:301 edit
    Originally posted by windmill
    >I got brought up through church and spent 4 years at a christian church school.For whatever reasons I know little about the book of life....but still very interesting.

>Feel free to answer.(1)How do you get your name in.(2)Can it get erased/re-written.(3)What number of people are written.(4)What ...[text shortened]...

>The Bible is a very complicated book so I would prefer some simple/intelegent answers.
    From my understanding...
    1. By believing in Jesus Christ as your Lord/substitute for sin...Romans 10:9
    2. No
    3. Only God knows
    4. Ditto
    5. ?
    6. The book of life is, as far as I know, a metaphor, meaning those who have repented of their sins and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
    To repent, accept J.C.,be born again, involves trusting Him to teach/lead you in life from that point on. Once you are truly a son of God, you are always a son/daughter. God's promise is irrevocable according to His Word.
    To follow after Christ, one must "count the cost". That is, He becomes Master of our lives.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Sep '05 01:41

>Feel free to answer.(1)How do you get your name in.(2)Can it get erased/re-written.(3)What number of people are written.(4)What ...[text shortened]...

1)bribe a scribe
    2)that costs twice as much as 1)
    3) max is 665, you know who the next one would be.
    4) my guess an entire person is covered by each name, I maybe wrong though, some people really want to forget TOE.
    5) cotten balls stuffed into ears works fairly well
    6) no
  4. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 10:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    From my understanding...
    1. By believing in Jesus Christ as your Lord/substitute for sin...Romans 10:9
    2. No
    3. Only God knows
    4. Ditto
    5. ?
    6. The book of life is, as far as I know, a metaphor, meaning those who have repented of their sins and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.
    To repent, accept J.C.,be born again, involves trusting Him to teach/ ...[text shortened]... .
    To follow after Christ, one must "count the cost". That is, He becomes Master of our lives.
    Do you have a scripture for your answer to question 2?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 20:57
    Do you have a scripture for your answer to question 2?
    Here are a couple.

Rom 11:29
    29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
    (NKJ)

Heb 10:14
    14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
    (NKJ)

1 Cor 3:15
    15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
    (NKJ)
  6. R.I.P.
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 21:47

1) grafitti
    2) nope permanent marker
    3) you & your mates
    4) depends how many mates you have
    5) priest pulls out his hair when he spots it
    6) A bull shark can live in both fresh & sea water

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree