The case for Adam & Eve.

The case for Adam & Eve.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]I did not state that i had proof, Noobster assumed that I had proof based on his interpretation of a previous text in another thread.

You said the Biblical accounts could be corroborated. That's pretty self explanatory to me, and probably to everyone else who can read. To save yourself having to backtrack maybe a little more care with regard to your choice of words could be demonstrated next time. 🙂[/b]
i regret nothing! nothing i tell ya! 🙂

F

Moves
18 Nov 10

Unfortuanetly he's not.
He has a reputation of giving false information ( "Women as one rib less than men" ) and when being criticized for the statement taking it back because he was just joking. So he has a tendency to be joking now and then.

There are findings from the mankind from all of the period they walked out of Africa to the present days. To say otherwise is to be joking.

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
If you think there was "nothing for eighty thousand years" then this aint your field of expertise, dude. But you're just joking, aint ya? Like before.
field of expertise my friend is 'ragged clown chasing shadows', but i see you guessed that.

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
He has a reputation of giving false information ( "Women as one rib less than men" ) and when being criticized for the statement taking it back because he was just joking. So he has a tendency to be joking now and then.

There are findings from the mankind from all of the period they walked out of Africa to the present days. To say otherwise is to be joking.
what findings? writing? cities? tell the forum Fabian the earliest known written document and its date, ill, give you a multiple choice, is it

A, eighty thousand year old? or
B, four thousand year old

F

Moves
18 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what findings?
You must be joking? There are lots of them!

[edit] You edited your posting after my answer.

JWB

Moves
18 Nov 10

yes i understand all of that, never the less, it does not explain the phenomena, nuthin for eighty thousand years, no not even a sandcastle, next we have the pyramids and sculpture, we have apparently went from stone axes to painting, inscription, calligraphy, written language, huge cities and massive edifices overnight.
Overnight? Your joking right?

yes i understand all of that, never the less, it does not explain the phenomena..

It absolutely does, dude.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Nov 10
1 edit

its no more possible to prove than the existence of God, all we can do is make inferences from what we observe. The Bible itself is our basis and we may demonstrate its trustworthiness. As i stated at the outset, we can attack all sorts of evolutionary ideas, but that does not prove the existence of Adam or Eve, it simply makes the case for creatio ...[text shortened]... ramids, i mean, come one, whose kidding who now?

hopefully that will ruffle a few feathers 😵
we can attack all sorts of evolutionary ideas, but that does not prove the existence of Adam or Eve

I think we have a consensus on that point.

it simply makes the case for creation more credible by diminishing the case for evolution.

No it doesn't. You have to actually present some evidence for creation. As for your 'attacks' on evolution, they've recently gone something like this.

1. [insert spurious claim, a piece of quote mining, or something that is factually incorrect]

2. Your then pointed out why your 'attack' is incorrect.

3. You next post then goes, i'll paraphrase, 'I'm not talking about it anymore, it's just a pointless deabte this anyway', until the next 'attack' when the sequence will be repeated.

We can of course present out case for scripture and supply details of why its true and let the reader make up their own minds.

You mean we can have a good laugh, and wonder in amazement how an intelligent man such as yourself can spew forth such nonsense. ie. Man, clay, oxygen 😞

Noobster gripe is that the scriptures state that Adam was created in 4026 B.C.E. roughly six thousand years ago, this naturally conflicts with his notions of evolutionary hypothesis.

It conflicts with a lot more than that Rob. Your belief that man has only been around for 6,000yrs runs roughshod over many scientific fields.

As for the rest of the post, the less said the better, reading some literature other than Watchtower propoganda would help.

JWB

Moves
18 Nov 10

what findings? writing? cities? tell the forum Fabian the earliest known written document and its date, ill, give you a multiple choice, is it

A, eighty thousand year old? or
B, four thousand year old
Writing only started a few thousand years ago, dude. The fact that there was no writing before that only proves that there was no writing until a few thousand years ago. Have you read anything on this subject, dude?

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
Overnight? Your joking right?

[b]yes i understand all of that, never the less, it does not explain the phenomena..

It absolutely does, dude.[/b]
ok, ok, im rumbled again, it explains the phenomena but i I'll think of something to get you bad ol putty cats with! i need to go work sadly 🙂

F

Moves
18 Nov 10

ok, ok, im rumbled again, it explains the phenomena but i I'll think of something to get you bad ol putty cats with! i need to go work sadly 🙂
We all have to work now and then. But in the mean time - read up a little before you debate things. There are plenty sources on the net, there are plenty of books in your public library. Don't rely on people or other sources that cannot be relied upon because they have an agenda with spreading desinformation. Do some research.

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

[b]we can attack all sorts of evolutionary ideas, but that does not prove the existence of Adam or Eve

I think we have a consensus on that point.

it simply makes the case for creation more credible by diminishing the case for evolution.

No it doesn't. You have to actually present some evidence for creation. As for your 'attacks' on ev ...[text shortened]... r, reading some literature other than Watchtower publication propoganda would help.[/b]
haha, we were set an impossible task, hands tied behind our backs, please jump through the fiery hoop again, you will try to explain the case for Adam and eve rationally and without recourse to the scriptures, hey but all we really have is the scriptures, no you cant use them, It was a set up from the start, loaded and a fallacious argument, for scripture is spiritual and cannot be made subject to the same criteria as that which is material, once again, i find myself in the position of having to defend my beliefs without recourse to what they are based upon, scripture, but must constantly pander to your materialistic point of view, well ok, i don't mind that one bit, but materialism is empty, provides no basis for hope, no comfort, no purpose, nuthin! It has led many into moral and ethical suicide and slavery to the purely mundane and is about as much use to humanity as the meanest medieval church, so don't tell me my dear friend what to read! i dont tell you!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Nov 10
1 edit

haha, we were set an impossible task, hands tied behind our backs, please jump through the fiery hoop again, you will try to explain the case for Adam and eve rationally and without recourse to the scriptures, hey but all we really have is the scriptures, no you cant use them, It was a set up from the start, loaded and a fallacious argument, for scri as the meanest medieval church, so don't tell me my dear friend what to read! i dont tell you!
Use your scripture then, as long as it shuts up your whinging.

As for telling you what to read, i guess you like constantly looking like turnip

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
We all have to work now and then. But in the mean time - read up a little before you debate things. There are plenty sources on the net, there are plenty of books in your public library. Don't rely on people or other sources that cannot be relied upon because they have an agenda with spreading desinformation. Do some research.
actually for your information these things are a product of my own reasoning, do you understand that, i thought them up myself, from my own mind, you may occasionally have an original thought yourself, all you have to do is think deeply and wait for one to come along, so don't tell me what to read and not what to read, do i tell you? spangle that you are, a lifetime spent absorbing the ideas of others, indeed, is there any talent to identify the thief once he is found?

rc

Moves
18 Nov 10

Use your scripture then, as long as it shuts up your whinging.

As for telling you what to read, i guess you like constantly looking like turnip
whether i look like a turnip is no concern of yours, do i condescend to you, do I?

I really need to go to work.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Nov 10

actually for your information these things are a product of my own reasoning, do you understand that, i thought them up myself, from my own mind, you may occasionally have an original thought yourself, all you have to do is think deeply and wait for one to come along, so don't tell me what to read and not what to read, do i tell you? spangle that you ...[text shortened]... orbing the ideas of others, indeed, is there any talent to identify the thief once he is found?
The irony!!!!!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄