1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 15:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And it's so obvious you guys have to always add that extra word or two to make the "Abstain from blood" fit your "well that only means not to eat it work".
    Hang on, but isn't it you who feels you have to "add that extra word" TRANSFUSION to all this?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 18:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hang on, but isn't it you who feels you have to "add that extra word" TRANSFUSION to all this?
    Yeah. Conrau had him busted on this point pages ago, but of course he didn't admit it.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 22:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you were told not to comment or abstain from adultry, would you actually understand that you cannot commit adultry or would you think it would still be ok tol have some kind of sexual relations with your next door neighbors wife? Would any act that you would normally do with your wife be ok to do with your next door neighbors wife?
    If you were told not to steal or abstain from stealing, would it still be ok to go to your neighbors house and take somehing that in reality only cost him let's say two dollars? Just a little thing, but would you consider that stealing?
    If you were told not to jump off a cliff, would you still think it would be ok to dive head first?
    If you were told to abstain from alcohol because you were an alcoholic, would a glass or two before bed be ok?
    If a sign said "one way", is it ok to go the wrong way for even 1 block?

I know you won't see the comparisons here or get the point, but oh well. I gotta give it a shot huh?

But I just have to say it again..... "Abstain from Blood" says God. You do what ever you want to do with blood. Drink it, bath in it or whatever, but for one that follows the Bible and what God says on blood, there are no exceptions.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 00:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But I just have to say it again..... "Abstain from Blood" says God. You do what ever you want to do with blood. Drink it, bath in it or whatever, but for one that follows the Bible and what God says on blood, there are no exceptions.
    "Abstain from Blood" is clearly about consuming blood. The stuff about transfusions being a sin is something your organisation made up, perhaps in order to create a sharply defined unique selling point and cultivate the sense of being set apart from non-members. It isn't in the bible. And it doesn't even have the virtue of making any sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree