1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 04:58
    The Christian error

So there is much debate in this forum from the Christians and they all quote the bible as the authority to establish their truth, but I have something to say about that authority. (the very short version)

We all know that Jesus is an historical figure, but much is unknown of this mans personal life because he went missing for about 20- 30 yrs and today we have in the bible many statement made by Jesus, but how authentic are those statements.

What actually happened, is that Jesus left his place of birth at a young age, and being blessed with the spirit of enquiry and learning he travelled afar and most probably studied the Vedic teachings in Iran which at the time was a hub of great learning because the Aryan race lived there.

Anyway when he returned to his birth place he taught the higher consciousness, of the eternal nature of the spiritual being and rejected the superstitious teachings of the Old Testament demanding that the people take to the spirit of religion and not the letter (which is corrupted).

He also taught about reincarnation of the soul and demanded that animal sacrifices be stopped because he new the sacredness of all life (remember Saint Francis)…anyway the Jewish religious leaders where threatened by his authority and colluded with the state to have him killed for disturbing the peace.

After his murder there was a swell of followers who now came to be called Christians (after Christ) and the State was threatened once again by this ever increasing movement, so they tried to kill them all, but they couldn’t, so the State got together and decide that if they cant beat Christianity then they would make it the one and only authorized religion.

To make it the “authorized” religion, they were determined to give it as much authority as possible, and they had to satisfy the current Jewish leaders as well so they decided to write a holy book and call it the Bible and it would continue where the Old testament finished and the new writing would be called the New testament.

And it would be the word of God, and the people would have to follow it or they would be tried for heresy or witchery and punished by death.

Now the state or ruling class (politicians) at the time along with the current religious leaders, had to make this new book as authoritative as possible, so as to control and have power over the people, so when compiling the bible the State had just as much say in what would be written in this new book, as did the Christians and Jewish leaders, and probably more so.

Remember christianity was not organized, so if a book came out saying that a man called Jesus rose from the grave, then how could anyone despute that except for a few, and we know what happens if you go against the hierarchy at the time... "Off with your head"😉

This being the case the first thing they did was make Jesus a Martyr by saying Jesus died for our sins (instead of saying he was dragged off and murdered).

They also claimed Jesus to be God, and Son and Holy Ghost, but Jesus was not God or Holy Ghost, but Jivatma or spirit soul like everyone else.

A great error was, not instructing anyone that they were already eternal like Jesus taught, but (they didn’t believe it) but instead they taught that people would have to approach the church, and submit to their authority to gain their immortal state.....but actually ( all living beings are already immortal because they are the spiritual soul)

Also they did not tell people, that Jesus condemned the animal slaughter and meat eating, because they didn’t believe it, so they didn’t mention meat eating was condemned. ( they loved their dead flesh eating so much)

Then another false thing they did was to teach that every person only had “one life”, and they must choose between the church for salvation, or the fire of hell, because having this one life meant that there is a very serious choice to make in choosing one or the other, so they thought that if people new that they were eternal and had many lives, then they might not behave properly, knowing that they will just continue after their death.

The next false teaching that they taught was that Jesus was the one and only Son of God, and this supported their false teaching that we have only one life that started at our birth, and Jesus was the only eternal person, but actually (every living thing is a creation or son of God ) not just Jesus because we all are spiritual and eternal exactly as God is. (every living being is a son of god)

Then another false teaching that was given, so Jesus assumed the power of God, was that they subscribed so many miracles to his life, but they were only fabricated.

Then they changed the famous saying of Jesus “ I am the way and the truth and the life, no man commeth to the father but by me”……but the real statement from Jesus is… “ These teachings that I have given you are the way the truth and the life, and no man commeth to the father but by following them strictly”.

Elsewhere in the Bible Jesus says that “I have much to tell you but you cannot bear it now.” meaning the people at that time were so conditioned and in ignorance, that Jesus couldn’t tell them much more than…..love your enemies and love your brother as yourself (brother meaning all people) and love God with all your heart and soul.

Then of course the Old testament is mostly fabricated superstitious teachings, that the New testament just blindly accepts and now the world has a huge religion that is mostly wrong and misdirecting all the people.

When false religion misdirects the people, the people do not develop the spiritual sentiments to raise their consciousness to the transcendental platform of love of God, and when they miss the opportunity to achieve this, they only return to take birth again in this material creation.

Not only do they spoil their own spiritual life, but when they teach children these false teachings of religion, they ruin their spiritual life as well.

Because the bible has been compiled by mainly materialistic politicians and fool hardy religious persons of questionable character, and the pure teachings of Jesus changed and altered, it has no authority and actually if you follow it in a fundamental way you would actually make little progress on the spiritual path……..but if you are very sincere and can see the errors in the bible teachings and avoid believing those errors, you would be far better off.

Actually Jesus was preaching his own version of Vedanta, and had to simplify it to a level of the people of that time, so with the wrong people compiling the Bible way back then, its no wonder the teachings were strangled to death and lost.

So if the Bible is teaching so much error, then what is one to do if they sincerely want to live the spiritual life?...well good question because the first and original true spiritual teaching that has been with mankind for millions of years is Vedanta, and it explains God and spirituallity without fault or error, and it is compiled in the first and perfect original language of mankind "Sanskrit" and delivers perfect knowledge of the Spiritual life.

All other offerings of religion ( Islam Christianity Judaism )are but materialistic attemps to present cheap substitutes of religion to satisfy the desire of materialism.

More later.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 05:22
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The Christian error

So there is much debate in this forum from the Christians and they all quote the bible as the authority to establish their truth, but I have something to say about that authority. (the very short version)

We all know that Jesus is an historical figure, but much is unknown of this mans personal life because he went missing for abo ...[text shortened]... o present cheap substitutes of religion to satisfy the desire of materialism.

More later.
    One whole posting from Visha without insults (or not many anyway) is a progress.
    Perhaps he is beginning to take his pills after all...?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 06:40
    The Christian error

We all know that Jesus is an historical figure, but much is unknown of this mans personal life because he went missing for abo ...[text shortened]... o present cheap substitutes of religion to satisfy the desire of materialism.

More later.
    Well, I'm convinced. All this overwhelming historical evidence and citation from scholarly authorities make his case basically incontrovertible.
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 06:49
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Well, I'm convinced. All this overwhelming historical evidence and citation from scholarly authorities make his case basically incontrovertible.
    he had me at "The"
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 07:31
    The Christian error

More later.
    Just when I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt and start conversing with you; you immediately go to this extreme length to reinforce my initial opinion, that you are a completely deluded nincompoop.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 16:30
    I say again, that it is no mistake his avatar is a serpent.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 16:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    i thought it was the Loch Ness Monster!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i thought it was the Loch Ness Monster!
    Whatever it is, this is what he sees in the bathroom mirror every morning.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And again I say

Matthew 10:16 (King James Version)

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:22
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    And again I say

Matthew 10:16 (King James Version)

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
    I'm sure vivishentu would appreciate you referring to him with this Christian apostolic endorsement 😵
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sure vivishentu would appreciate you referring to him with this Christian apostolic endorsement 😵
    I am extremely fed up with you all beating him down when he just desires you all to gain what can benefit you immensely.

And yes, it is sad he started to insult as he had because of your browbeating him and his naive experience in posting in group forums for the 1st time.

I admire him, and hope he breaks the despotic spell of your cruel behavior towards his share of care.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:31
    I am extremely fed up with you all beating him down when he just desires you all to gain what can benefit you immensely.

And yes, it is sad he started to insult as he had because of your browbeating him and his naive experience in posting in group forums for the 1st time.

I admire him, and hope he breaks the despotic spell of your cruel behavior towards his share of care.
    Despotic... what?

The guy is a troll, dry up.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:34
    If ANYONE defines a troll it most assuredly would be your actions.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:39
    stfu already. You and that other moron redefine the word 'troll'.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:40
    Really, could you kindly give me an example of such trollardation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree