1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 11:30
    @kellyjay said
    Don’t you have mind reading abilities so you know others thoughts and motivations?
    It's not clear why you are posting on this thread and yet you don't want to answer the question.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 14:43
    @fmf said
    It's not clear why you are posting on this thread and yet you don't want to answer the question.
    Again you don’t seem to have objections bringing up any thoughts about other people’s topics you have. Why don’t you address what people say to you, why respond at all if you don’t want to answer them?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 14:50
    @fmf said
    Is someone who sincerely believes that the Christian faith is the only basis for rational thought at an intellectual disadvantage when discussing things with fellow Christians who don't believe that and with non-Christians?
    Everybody ywho is convinced that there is only one source for anything is inherently on a disadvantage gainst epople allowing numerous sources. Even if they are correct they often lack the creativity to follow the other's thought and thus fail to convince them.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 14:58
    @ponderable said
    Everybody ywho is convinced that there is only one source for anything is inherently on a disadvantage gainst epople allowing numerous sources. Even if they are correct they often lack the creativity to follow the other's thought and thus fail to convince them.
    The truth is exclusive, so if anyone has a point of view on what and where that is found, they are going to have prove their point no matter what. We all have foundation world views that we look at everything with. So it is possible for two to see the same data and view in completely different lights.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 15:13
    @fmf said
    Does someone who believes that the Christian faith is the only basis for rational thought put themselves at an intellectual disadvantage when interacting with people who don't?
    Yes.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 20:17
    @fmf said
    Is someone who sincerely believes that the Christian faith is the only basis for rational thought at an intellectual disadvantage when discussing things with fellow Christians who don't believe that and with non-Christians?
    Yes, but he won’t see it as a disadvantage in his own case.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 21:34
    @kellyjay said
    Again you don’t seem to have objections bringing up any thoughts about other people’s topics you have. Why don’t you address what people say to you, why respond at all if you don’t want to answer them?
    Does someone who believes that the Christian faith is the only basis for rational thought put themselves at an intellectual disadvantage when interacting with people who don't? [Thread topic]
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 21:39
    @kellyjay said
    The truth is exclusive, so if anyone has a point of view on what and where that is found, they are going to have prove their point no matter what. We all have foundation world views that we look at everything with. So it is possible for two to see the same data and view in completely different lights.
    Does it put you at an intellectual disadvantage to base what you say on your Bible-based belief that the world is only 6,000 years old when discussing the world with people interested in science and human knowledge?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 21:42
    @fmf said
    I responded to what I wanted to.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 21:46
    @kellyjay said
    I responded to what I wanted to.
    You obfuscated. Everyone else has basically offered an overall 'yes' or 'no'. You haven't. It's so often the case with you. It seems all too easy - with your prickly pride and your lack of erudition - to ask you a question that immediately puts you at a self-imposed intellectual disadvantage.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '19 23:32
    @fmf said
    You obfuscated. Everyone else has basically offered an overall 'yes' or 'no'. You haven't. It's so often the case with you. It seems all too easy - with your prickly pride and your lack of erudition - to ask you a question that immediately puts you at a self-imposed intellectual disadvantage.
    I answered the only thing I cared to. You didn’t respond the way I wanted you to, but I didn’t cry about that like you are.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 00:16
    @kellyjay said
    I answered the only thing I cared to. You didn’t respond the way I wanted you to, but I didn’t cry about that like you are.
    No one is "crying". It's funny how it happens several times a week: you assume your feeble foetal position, yet again.

Here's what you posted:

No matter what world view is used everyone of them have foundational truth. You think those with only materialistic views don’t view the universe in only a materialistic view point?

A dodge.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 00:21
    @kellyjay said
    No matter what world view is used everyone of them have foundational truth. You think those with only materialistic views don’t view the universe in only a materialistic view point?
    Ah, I see. An inarticulate sidestep and then a deflecting miss-the-point counter question. Are you worried that me asking the question in the OP has put you at an intellectual disadvantage?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 03:20
    @fmf said
    Ah, I see. An inarticulate sidestep and then a deflecting miss-the-point counter question. Are you worried that me asking the question in the OP has put you at an intellectual disadvantage?
    zzzz
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '19 05:47
    @kellyjay said
    zzzz
    The thread topic is still here waiting for you if you should change ever your mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree