1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:173 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Does the Council of God know you are making an ass of yourself on internet public forums? I think they would be embarrassed by your conduct here.
    Since you were too much of a coward define what the "Council of God" (which you keep refering to) was when I asked, I'm not concerned.

You do need some new jokes though.
    The same old one in getting embarressingly stale.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    Since you were too much of a coward [b]define what the "Council of God" (which you keep refering to) was when I asked, I'm not concerned.

You do need some new jokes though.
    The same old one in getting embarressingly stale.[/b]
    3 edits to write 2 sentences? 😀
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    3 edits to write 2 sentences? 😀
    Make an issue about the number of edits. That is REALLY significant.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:28
    I am open to discussion.

I had one reasonably constructive comment from rwingett and two brain farts from two other guys.

The problems of the church in Corinth and their solutions -
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:49
    I am open to discussion.

I had one reasonably constructive comment from rwingett and two brain farts from two other guys.

The problems of the church in Corinth and their solutions -
    You seem primarily interested in the sound of your own voice. How else are we to understand these ranting monologues. Seriously try to engage people. Demonstrate a little humanity.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 14:042 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You seem primarily interested in the sound of your own voice. How else are we to understand these ranting monologues. Seriously try to engage people. Demonstrate a little humanity.
    You said that already.
    Nothing going on here worth your participation.

Ok so its another ranting monologue, thanks thats all i wanted to know.

Goodbye.

PS. Two or three edits.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 15:08
    You said that already.
    Nothing going on here worth your participation.

Ok so its another ranting monologue, thanks thats all i wanted to know.

Goodbye.

PS. Two or three edits.
    If there was something other than a ranting monologue then I and others might be interested in discussing it, personally i find the books of Corinthians fascinating but there is nothing worse than being force fed by a crazed megalomaniac and expected to sit and take it.

Adios Amigo.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 08:48
    The Corinthians were into philosophical knowledge. Paul said God made the wisdom of the world foolish and will choose the way of saving some by the foolishness of preaching.

" For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the understanding of those who understand I will set aside.'

Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age?

Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know god, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

For indeed the Jews require signs and the Greeks seek wisdom, But we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness,

But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (1 Cor. 1:18.25)

Christ - the power of God and the wisdom of God - Christ the Person Himself. This is the oneness to which the apostle labors to bring the saints back from the divisions based on man exaltation.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 04:202 edits
    I believe that the problems of apostolic authenticity were scrutinized closely and verified by early Christians long ago.

To think people just of late got concerned as to who wrote these New Testament documents is naive. Long before some doctoral thesis was written so somebody could make a name for him or herself, the Christians sought out the authentici ...[text shortened]... And they were many years closer to the autographs than we. And they were led by the Holy Spirit.
    "They were led by the Holy Spirit" This sounds strange coming from you sonship. I thought the JW's didn't look at the Holy Spirit of God as a secound part of the same God.

You didn't say they were led by God, but the Holy Spirit.

You are learning, and that is good

PS i find it interesting, you and Robbie squaring off, of the same church.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 08:311 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    "They were led by the Holy Spirit" This sounds strange coming from you sonship. I thought the JW's didn't look at the Holy Spirit of God as a secound part of the same God.

You didn't say they were led by God, but the Holy Spirit.

You are learning, and that is good

PS i find it interesting, you and Robbie squaring off, of the same church.
    You must be very confused.

Ask Robbie Carrobie the Jehovah's Witness if sonship has at any time taught Jehovah's Witness anti-triniaratian doctrine.

Go ask him because you seem not to know anything about sonship.

(this is sonship at a relative's PC)
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 12:372 edits
    Originally posted by gswilm
    You must be very confused.

Ask Robbie Carrobie the Jehovah's Witness if sonship has at any time taught Jehovah's Witness anti-triniaratian doctrine.

Go ask him because you seem not to know anything about sonship.

(this is sonship at a relative's PC)
    Well that may be true. I had thought sonship was JW. But i always loved reading his "long winded" teachings. You know the Apostle Paul is the exact same way. Meaning long winded. He is constantly preaching, and doesn't really care who is listening. But then, it is what he is, a preacher.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 14:403 edits
    Well that may be true. I had thought sonship was JW. But i always loved reading his "long winded" teachings. You know the Apostle Paul is the exact same way. Meaning long winded. He is constantly preaching, and doesn't really care who is listening. But then, it is what he is, a preacher.
    I had thought sonship was JW.

No. My God is the man Jesus Christ.

But i always loved reading his "long winded" teachings.

You're not pulling my leg, are you ?
    Pretty much nobody here likes long winded posts.

You know the Apostle Paul is the exact same way. Meaning long winded. He is constantly preaching, and doesn't really care who is listening. But then, it is what he is, a preacher.

Some skeptics don't recognize that they affirm their unbelieving opinions is a matter of fact way which is akin to preaching.

Wolfgan59, sonhouse, googlefudge think absolutely nothing of stating as fact their atheist concepts. No one can tell me that's not just as much preaching.

"God doesn't exist ... period. So there."
    "The bible is fairytale ... period. So there."

You say amen or you don't. I don't.

Preaching of the Gospel is basically stating the facts of the Gospel.
    No apology to anyone for being a preacher (stating the facts) of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ.

Besides, careful analysis of the passages of the Bible is needed.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 18:43
    On the contrary, Paul was a teacher, not merely a preacher, anyone can dump information on other people, but it takes a teacher to make that information not only appealing, but practical. If you had a public ministry as did Christ and the apostles, you would know this.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 18:44
    I had thought sonship was JW.

No. My God is the man Jesus Christ.

But i always loved reading his "long winded" teachings.

You're not pulling my leg, are you ?
    Pretty much nobody here likes long winded posts.

[quote]
    You know the Apostle Paul is the exact same way. Meaning long winded. He is constan ...[text shortened]... gospel of Jesus Christ.

Besides, careful analysis of the passages of the Bible is needed.
    You aught to be teachers in view of the times is what Paul stated, but you are in need of milk.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 13:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You aught to be teachers in view of the times is what Paul stated, but you are in need of milk.
    It is however, not because with more time they should have accumulated more knowledge. But it is that with time they should have grown in spiritual life, being more mature in divine life and built together into a more solid unity.

Life is not the increase of objective doctrinal knowledge even if it is correct. Life is the increase of Christ within, spreading into more parts of the human soul.

Or we might say the growth of the experiencial and subjective Christ and building up with other saints, is that increase of life.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth." (1:6)

Paul planted what? Paul planted Jesus Christ as a living Person into the Corinthians through his gospel preaching.

Apollos watered what? Apollos watered the Christ that was planted in them by Paul.

God caused what to grow? God caused the Christ within them to grow, to spread, to expand, to move out more and more into their souls.

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land [or farm], God's building." (v.9)

The divisions were because of a lack of growth of Christ and a lack of them being built together in love, forebearance, longsuffering, and acceptance of one another.

The local church is a farm for growing Christ in people.
    The church in Corinth was a cultivated land of God for growing a crop of Christ the living Spirit in the churching people.

As Christ grows they are also builded together - " ... you are God's cultivated land, God's building."

To spiritually grow was to be built together. The building is an organic matter. There is no other entity on the earth like the normal local church. There is no institution of humankind like the local church.

The church in Corinth, and the church in any locality is a plot of cultivated land consisting of human beings within whom Jesus Christ has been imparted and is growing. Thier growth in the divine life is their building up of the local church.

www.localchurches.org

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree