The Comforter & Jesus Last Commandment

The Comforter & Jesus Last Commandment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
09 May 16

Originally posted by sonship
The Holy Spirit is wanting to SPREAD into the various parts of a person's soul. The soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion, and his will.

These parts are aside from the central kernel and nucleus of a man's innermost being. His innermost being is called his spirit. And in regeneration his reborn human spirit becomes united ...[text shortened]... tual being of the saved person seeks to move out and saturate their entire soul and personality.
The soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion, and his will.

reference please, Biblical, concise and to the point.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 16
5 edits

So the Holy Spirit has many functions. To comfort is one.

The innermost being is the human spirit. And the Holy Spirit at regeneration causes the comatose and deadened human spirit to be born again. This is the center of the human spiritual being. This is like the Holy of Holies in the temple of God as the inmost chamber.

The soul surrounds the spirit of man. And the Spirit who has caused the innermost being to be regenerated in regeneration seeks in transformation to move out into the surrounding chambers of the soul and personality.

Here is the initial rebirth of the human kernel - the spirit of man.

" That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6)

The Capital S Spirit causes the small s spirit to be born - That which is born of the [Holy] Spirit Who is God, is the human spirit, the innermost kernel of man.

Then the Holy Spirit and the reborn human spirit co-witness together that the man is united to his dear Father - God the heavenly Father, in the most intimate way.

" The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (Rom. 8:16)

The previous verse shows that the born again woman or man can now call intimately Abba Father. That is like "Daddy" or "Papa". God has become more than just an objective matter to agree about "out there" so one is no longer an atheist. But God has become one's own dear Papa and Daddy in a most personal and intimate way.

The human spirit has been joined to the Holy Spirit to be one united and mingled spirit -
" He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit " (1 Cor 6:17) .

NOW ... the process of transformation is the process of the Holy Spirit moving out from this center into the personality to saturate and permeate the human soul. There are plural rivers lf living water for all the parts of the soul of man.

I have the Holy Spirit. I still need the Holy Spirit to move into my mind more and more deeply.

I have the Holy Spirit in my innermost being, my spirit. I need the Holy Spirit to migrate out into the surrounding chambers of my heart and soul. And I DO allow Him to do this. And I do need to allow Him much more to do this in the future.

This is a life long process and not a binary one. The Spirit implanted forever in the innermost being of the saved person seeks to transform from one degree of glory to another by spreading and saturating the soul of man, chamber by chamber.

" And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting as a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being TRANSFORMED into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

This is the changing of a man into the image of Jesus Christ from degree of expression to degree of expression to degree of expression by the Holy Spirit transforming his personality.

This corresponds to the Holy Spirit flowing out as rivers [plural] of living water to those who have received the Spirit.

Beware that Rajk999 calls "cherry picking" what really is "cutting straight the word of God".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 16
1 edit

So the Holy Spirit has many functions. To comfort is one.

The innermost being is the human spirit. And the Holy Spirit at regeneration causes the comatose and deadened human spirit to be born again. This is the center of the human spiritual being. This is like the Holy of Holies in the temple of God as the inmost chamber.

The soul surrounds the spiri ...[text shortened]... re that Rajk999 calls "cherry picking" what really is [b]"cutting straight the word of God"
.[/b]

The Capital S Spirit causes the small s spirit to be born - That which is born of the [Holy] Spirit Who is God, is the human spirit, the innermost kernel of man.

Then the Holy Spirit and the reborn human spirit co-witness together that the man is united to his dear Father - God in the most intimate way.

I like this, most people only see the capital S, which is not really what the bible says.
The small "s" is the gift.

rc

Moves
09 May 16
1 edit

@sonhsip/jaywill I take it as a no you dont have a Biblical reference for 'the soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion and his will', and you simply made it up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion, and his will.

reference please, Biblical, concise and to the point.
First Thessalonians 5:23.

" And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly,

and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

For man to be sanctified WHOLLY is to be sanctified in the THREE parts of his being - the spirit and the soul and the body.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
[b]

Then the Holy Spirit and the reborn human spirit co-witness together that the man is united to his dear Father - God in the most intimate way.

I like this, most people only see the capital S, which is not really what the bible says.
The small "s" is the gift.[/b]
Paul said that he served God with HIS - Paul's regenerated human spirit.

"For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of His Son ..." (Rom. 1:9)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 16
3 edits

@sonhsip/jaywill I take it as a no you dont have a Biblical reference for 'the soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion and his will', and you simply made it up.
Robbie, you ask me for Bible references. But your problem is not in the Bible references.

I told you that we have talked enough. I said that we were through arguing. And I still feel that way. Your problem is not in the Bible and not in Bible references. It is somewhere in your heart before the Lord Jesus.

Don't try to impress me with asking for biblical support or references. Your heart needs to TURN, to TURN to the Lord Jesus as a Person - as the Savior and Son of God.

All your attitude of trying to do Jehovah a favor by putting down Jesus is a result of deception of your own heart toward God.

The problem is not your need for more bible references. It is in your need to turn your heart to the Lord Jesus.

rc

Moves
10 May 16
1 edit

Robbie, you ask me for Bible references. But your problem is not in the Bible references.

I told you that we have talked enough. I said that we were through arguing. And I still feel that way. Your problem is not in the Bible and not in Bible references. It is somewhere in your heart before the Lord Jesus.

Don't try to impress me with asking for bibl ...[text shortened]... ot your need for more bible references. It is in your need to turn your heart to the Lord Jesus.
My problem jaywill is people imposing an exegesis on scripture where none exists in the text, but if you want to insinuate its because i have a bad figurative heart condition then so be it. Such a stance simply reinforces the lack of a rational line of reasoning.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 16

My problem jaywill is people imposing an exegesis on scripture where none exists in the text, but if you want to insinuate its because i have a bad figurative heart condition then so be it. Such a stance simply reinforces the lack of a rational line of reasoning.
Yes, I am also not too keen on people imposing their version of scripture on me. Fortunately i'm in my own home and so won't have religion brought uninvited to my doorstep.

Hang on, the doorbell just rang....

😠

rc

Moves
10 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Yes, I am also not too keen on people imposing their version of scripture on me. Fortunately i'm in my own home and so won't have religion brought uninvited to my doorstep.

Hang on, the doorbell just rang....

😠
If someone comes to your home and asks you, 'Hello Meester Boofling, are you interested in a free home Bible study?' in what way are they imposing anything on you? To state that this is an imposition is ludicrous enough, to state that its synonymous with imposing an exegesis on scripture where none exists in the text warrants a certificate of lunacy!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 May 16
1 edit

You don't even believe in the text, because it never did support your dogma. All you believe in is the text added to sanctify your dogma.

You are as bad as Rajk when scripture becomes your god. You both worship words in lieu of the man. Except that you're even worse than that, because the text you worship was added by others who were paid to prove your dogma.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 16
1 edit

If someone comes to your home and asks you, 'Hello Meester Boofling, are you interested in a free home Bible study?' in what way are they imposing anything on you? To state that this is an imposition is ludicrous enough, to state that its synonymous with imposing an exegesis on scripture where none exists in the text warrants a certificate of lunacy!
Anything uninvited on my doorstep is an imposition. You might as well pull down your pants and take a crap on my porch.

rc

Moves
10 May 16
1 edit

Anything uninvited on my doorstep is an imposition. You might as well pull down your pants and take a crap on my porch.
One rarely meets such boofery on the house to house ministry these days amoung civilised and well mannered people. I see such lack of appreciation as a kind of mild irritation. Like the grain of sand in the oyster which eventually becomes a pearl we salve it over and turn it into something beautiful. So you see Ghost of a Boofter you are actually helping us to be more loving, kind and patient and we thank you for it.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 16
2 edits

One rarely meets such boofery on the house to house ministry these days amoung civilised and well mannered people. I see such lack of appreciation as a kind of mild irritation. Like the grain of sand in the oyster which eventually becomes a pearl we salve it over and turn it into something beautiful. So you see Ghost of a Boofter you are actually helping us to be more loving, kind and patient and we thank you for it.
I'm sure you don't encounter Boofery Sir. You bring the Boofery.

(Forget if I previously shared the tale of when 2 JWs came to my door during my student days, literally in the middle of my exam week when my head was crammed full of religious quotes and arguments. - It was a beautiful thing to behold sir as I not only pre-empted their arguments but ever so politely blew them out of the water. - They left as I recall thoroughly dejected and without being asked to do so).

rc

Moves
10 May 16

I'm sure you don't encounter Boofery Sir. You bring the Boofery.

(Forget if I previously shared the tale of when 2 JWs came to my door during my student days, literally in the middle of my exam week when my head was crammed full of religious quotes and arguments. - It was a beautiful thing to behold sir as I not only pre-empted their arguments but ...[text shortened]... out of the water. - They left as I recall thoroughly dejected and without being asked to do so).
The brothers are uninterested in chest thumping students simply looking for an argument, they are looking for Jehovah's sheep. Does not the Christ himself make this plain? I never argue with anyone, I just smile and say 'thanks for your time' and go and search for someone that is a friend of peace. 😀