1. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 15:513 edits
    Jesus's words about the Comforter are completely contrary to Sonship's deceitful thread about that topic. Here are the words of Jesus:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:15-16 KJV)

So here is the truth
    - IF you love Christ
    - If you keep Christ commandments
    - THEN Christ will send you another Comforter that he may abide with you forever.

Read it for yourself. Resist the temptation to cherry pick. Avoid false preachers like Sonship, Checkbaiter and those who ignore the teachings of Christ.

The comforter is only sent to those who follow Christ commandments

Sonships has started a whole thread about Jesus's teachings after resurrection with the aim to show that there was nothing about the following of commandments. BUT Jesus' very last words to his disciples were:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV):

the disciples are commanded to teach people to observe his commandments

So .. listen to and follow false teachers and ignore Christ and cherry pick the Bible .. to your own detriment.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '16 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jesus's words about the Comforter are completely contrary to Sonship's deceitful thread about that topic. Here are the words of Jesus:

[b]If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:15-16 KJV)

So here is the truth
    - IF you love Christ ...[text shortened]... and follow false teachers and ignore Christ and cherry pick the Bible .. to your own detriment.[/b]
    hmmm, as far as i can tell there is in evidence among evangelical Christians of a kind of emotionalism, they have a faith based primarily on emotion. Without getting caught up in any feud sonship is a good example of this for he advocates a kind of mysticism, a mingling of God and man and has a tendency to advocate Christ as a spirit. I have no doubt that he loves Jesus though for this is evident in his writings. He is also an excellent student of Gods word, at least the Christian Greek scriptures.

Others like divegeester are a kind of once saved always saved, a doctrine they have inherited from Calvin. Now the danger of this is that one can use it to justify all kinds of things because if we are saved it doesn't really matter if we sin, Jesus sacrifice propitiates for our sin and thus the idea that we need to adhere to Christian principles as the defining criteria of our Christian identity is almost an alien concept. Again I have no doubt that divegeester sees himself as a Christian and would help anyone that he could.
  3. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 16:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hmmm, as far as i can tell there is in evidence among evangelical Christians of a kind of emotionalism, they have a faith based primarily on emotion. Without getting caught up in any feud sonship is a good example of this for he advocates a kind of mysticism, a mingling of God and man and has a tendency to advocate Christ as a spirit. I have no dou ...[text shortened]... have no doubt that divegeester sees himself as a Christian and would help anyone that he could.
    Well, thanks for your comments Robbie .. and I agree with everything you say. However this is exactly why I dont get involved with personal comments about others or myself. I dont know sonship personally, neither divegeester. Whether they are sincere and love God or they are good people, or bible scholars or ... whatever. That is between them and God. I wish them the best when they have to give account of themselves as I wish all people including athests.

I consider it my duty that if I know better then I am bound as a follower of Christ to point out where others are departing from following Christ.

Hence personalities dont enter my mind at all and I have nothing personal against anyone.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '16 17:14
    BUT Jesus' very last words to his disciples were:
    What makes you think those were his last words?
  5. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 17:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What makes you think those were his last words?
    Last recorded words in Matthew.. thanks for the correction
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '16 18:18

[b]If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (John 14:15-16 KJV)

So here is the truth
    - IF you love Christ ...[text shortened]... and follow false teachers and ignore Christ and cherry pick the Bible .. to your own detriment.[/b]
    "The comforter is only sent to those who follow Christ commandments "

So do you believe that belong to God in the here and now or do they receive the Spirit of
    God here and not know if they are saved until later?
  7. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 18:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "The comforter is only sent to those who follow Christ commandments "

So do you believe that belong to God in the here and now or do they receive the Spirit of
    God here and not know if they are saved until later?
    Boy o boy you really need to learn how to write.
    That sounds like gibberish .. try again.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '16 18:56
    Well, thanks for your comments Robbie .. and I agree with everything you say. However this is exactly why I dont get involved with personal comments about others or myself. I dont know sonship personally, neither divegeester. Whether they are sincere and love God or they are good people, or bible scholars or ... whatever. That is between them and God. I wis ...[text shortened]... st.

Hence personalities dont enter my mind at all and I have nothing personal against anyone.
    sure thing, i think it helps to try to understand why people are the way that they are, this was my intention.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:30
    Please don't let Robbie be the Comforter, please don't let Robbie be the Comforter.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '16 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Please don't let Robbie be the Comforter, please don't let Robbie be the Comforter.
    Why not? a poor atheistic sapling like yourself could do with every scrap of comfort he can git! Here have 1200 sterling, isn't that comforting?
  11. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why not? a poor atheistic sapling like yourself could do with every scrap of comfort he can git! Here have 1200 sterling, isn't that comforting?
    Somehow he does not strike me to be the materialistic type
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:55
    Boy o boy you really need to learn how to write.
    That sounds like gibberish .. try again.
    Who receives the Spirit of God in this life, and what does that do?
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    09 May '16 20:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who receives the Spirit of God in this life, and what does that do?
    Like I keep telling you. Say what you have to say .. make your point and quote your scripture. Dont ask me any questions.
  14. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    09 May '16 23:15
    The Holy Spirit is wanting to SPREAD into the various parts of a person's soul. The soul of man is composed of different parts like his mind, his emotion, and his will.

These parts are aside from the central kernel and nucleus of a man's innermost being. His innermost being is called his spirit. And in regeneration his reborn human spirit becomes united with the Holy Spirit to be "one spirit".

" He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" ( 1 Cor. 6:17)

Now God's intention is that the indwelling Holy Spirit migrate out from that kernel of a man's being into all the part his soul. So on one hand the believer has the Holy Spirit forever. Yet on the other hand he needs the life long process of the Spirit moving out into his personality.

Now consider the "rivers [plural] of living water" which mean the Holy Spirit in John 7:39.

" Now in the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,

If anyone thirst, let him come unto Me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (vs 37-39)

RIVERS [plural] of living water mean different streams into the different parts of the man's soul from his innermost being. In other words the ONE Holy Spirit joining to the human spirit in the new birth seeks to flow out as many "rivers" to the various parts of the man's personality.

There is a river flowing into his emotions.
    There is a river flowing into his memory.
    There is a river flowing into his imagination.

The Lord seeks to cause the Holy Spirit to flow out from his kernel, his innermost central being into the various chambers of his soul. He has a river for the will. He has a river for the mind. He has a river for the will.

So when Rajk999 complains that some Christian is without the Holy Spirit, the New Testament teaching is that part of his soul still awaits the dispensing of one of the rivers of the Holy Spirit into some chamber of his personality.

This requires experience to understand and not just a analytical mind of bible knowledge.

The Spirit is imparted into the kernel of a man. And the Spirit ever seeks to transform him by flowing various streams of influence into the various chambers of the man's soul.

In this same way Jesus told the woman that the Spirit would be a fountain installed in her being which would gush up into eternal life. That means to gush up out of her innermost being into all the parts of her soul and eventually even bring indestructibility to her physical body.

" But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life." (John 4:14)

The gushing up of the installed fountain and the flowing out of many rivers of water mean the same thing. The Holy Spirit implanted into the central spiritual being of the saved person seeks to move out and saturate their entire soul and personality.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '16 23:26
    Like I keep telling you. Say what you have to say .. make your point and quote your scripture. Dont ask me any questions.
    I'm attempting to get your point of view on the Holy Spirit. You didn't seem to mind giving
    me and everyone your point of view on my stance on a few topics, and when I asked you
    to back it up your ran off crying foul.

If you cannot handle questions why are you here spouting off your opinions on who is
    good with God and who isn't, why are you spouting off on a lot of topics? You had no
    trouble telling me the Holy Spirit isn't God, did you get that from scripture, or did you make
    that up yourself?