1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yawn you are not trying hard enough to be interesting, infact you are a crashing and incessant bore of a thousand bores, I wish i could find your posts interesting, they do nothing for me. Same old focus on personalities and tabloid junk mail. Maybe you and your balloon head friend could have a balloon race across the internet?
    I thought you were against the use of ad hominems?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:59
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    See, I was wondering which excuse you would use to distance yourself from your last statement.

I see you went for the "forum clown" excuse. Predictable, I suppose, but still interesting to observe.
    the only thing i am distancing myself from is balloon heads like you, filled up with their own propaganda, floating around the internet leaving a trail of slobber and drool in their wake. You have nothing of interest to say to me, please do not engage me again.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 13:08
    the only thing i am distancing myself from is balloon heads like you, filled up with their own propaganda, floating around the internet leaving a trail of slobber and drool in their wake. You have nothing of interest to say to me, please do not engage me again.
    "Slobber and drool"... there it is.

I expect "wired to the moon" next. Or maybe "boohoo.com".

Let's see which it'll be.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 13:33
    "Slobber and drool"... there it is.

I expect "wired to the moon" next. Or maybe "boohoo.com".

Let's see which it'll be.
    Filled up with their own propaganda. Good one, since that is exactly the stance of all the religious set. SOOOOO, 2000 years and waiting. Must be REALLY annoying all that fire and brimstone refuses to happen, no matter how many centuries go by. "Ah, but it is just around the corner, just wait and see" wears kind of thin after the beginning of the third millennium. And at the beginning of the 4th, and 5th, and 6th. Look at me, a regular Nostradamus.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 13:54
    I was merely joking with you so where have i stated that i would enjoy seeing millions of people burn in agonising pain, i haven't have i and you are merely projecting your own prejudices because i don't even profess a belief in hellfire, I don't even hold that its a biblical teaching,

you cannot produce the statement because i never made it, did ...[text shortened]... r own propaganda, another balloon head, filled up with hot air and floating around the internet.
    What did you mean by "roasty toasty" then?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 14:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Filled up with their own propaganda. Good one, since that is exactly the stance of all the religious set. SOOOOO, 2000 years and waiting. Must be REALLY annoying all that fire and brimstone refuses to happen, no matter how many centuries go by. "Ah, but it is just around the corner, just wait and see" wears kind of thin after the beginning of the third millennium. And at the beginning of the 4th, and 5th, and 6th. Look at me, a regular Nostradamus.
    how colourful, a balloon head festival.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 14:44
    how colourful, a balloon head festival.
    Could you please explain what you mean by the term "roasty toasty" which you aimed at a poster in this thread?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 15:14
    Ooh, this is exciting! I like this! This could go somewhere.

Let's make it a bit more interesting. The end of my life is still a long way away - I hope.

Let's say ten years instead.

You're up for that?

And let's up the ante. Let's make it a thousand euros. Not an impossible amount to muster up (like 10 million or something) but surely some ...[text shortened]... sus does return before that time I will - if I still get a chance - pay you that amount.

Yes?
    Very funny. Thing is, I can't win! Or rather, collect the winnings.

Originally you said in your lifetime. I'm sixty one. I have maybe twenty or thirty years. If Jesus returns in my lifetime, and assuming the event called the "rapture" occurs before I die, how will I collect on the bet if I'm not around?

But if I wager it happens in ten years, and it doesn't, then you would win and I'd have to pay up. I wasn't born yesterday Great King! 😵

But if we bet our lives, as I suggested, and Jesus returns before we die, and I'm "caught up to meet The Lord in the air", but you are left behind, and then subsequently "see the light" and can "endure to the end" without receiving the "mark of the beast", then we can settle up in the hereafter!

What do you say?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 15:55
    Oh, come on. Grow up. Seriously.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Very funny. Thing is, I can't win! Or rather, collect the winnings.

Originally you said in your lifetime. I'm sixty one. I have maybe twenty or thirty years. If Jesus returns in my lifetime, and assuming the event called the "rapture" occurs before I die, how will I collect on the bet if I'm not around?

But if I wager it happens in ten years, and it d ...[text shortened]... receiving the "mark of the beast", then we can settle up in the hereafter!

What do you say?
    ??

But if you wager that it does happen in ten years, and it does, then you will earn the moneyzzz. What am I missing here? You can win. You won't of course, but theoretically you could.

But if we bet our lives and it doesn't happen - which is going to be the case - that I won't get what I deserve.

Are you making things needlessly complicated because you're quite doubtful about J's return?

On a sidenote, what do you mean by subsequently "see the light" and can "endure to the end" without receiving the "mark of the beast"?

By the way, as a little joke, seeing how you're a Christian and all that, next time maybe you could instead say "I wasn't born again yesterday".

South Park, baby.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 16:49
    I was merely joking with you so where have i stated that i would enjoy seeing millions of people burn in agonising pain, i haven't have i and you are merely projecting your own prejudices because i don't even profess a belief in hellfire, I don't even hold that its a biblical teaching,

you cannot produce the statement because i never made it, did ...[text shortened]... r own propaganda, another balloon head, filled up with hot air and floating around the internet.
    Joking about the, alleged, impending annilihation of billions of human beings?! What's you're next trick, joking about the Holocaust? Or are you going to make a joke about rape...........nope, you've already done that.

You're either devoid of compassion or, as I suspect, you simply don't really believe the Great Tribualtion is actually coming.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 18:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Joking about the, alleged, impending annilihation of billions of human beings?! What's you're next trick, joking about the Holocaust? Or are you going to make a joke about rape...........nope, you've already done that.

You're either devoid of compassion or, as I suspect, you simply don't really believe the Great Tribualtion is actually coming.
    The Great Tribulation is the wrath of Satan, but the Day of the Lord is the wrath of God on the wicked.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 05:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Great Tribulation is the wrath of Satan, but the Day of the Lord is the wrath of God on the wicked.
    Everything is wrath and brimstone and apocalypses with you lot isn't it. No wonder unbelievers think Christians are a bunch of deluded, misanthropic control freaks.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:16
    ??

But if you wager that it does happen in ten years, and it does, then you will earn the moneyzzz. What am I missing here? You can win. You won't of course, but theoretically you could.

But if we bet our lives and it doesn't happen - which is going to be the case - that I won't get what I deserve.

Are you making things needlessly comp ...[text shortened]... hat, next time maybe you could instead say "I wasn't born again yesterday".

South Park, baby.
    You had original said "in my lifetime", so I played on it. We can't win either way! Unless I put the money in trust for you!! Like that's gonna happen! 😉

"On a sidenote, what do you mean by subsequently "see the light" and can "endure to the end" without receiving the "mark of the beast"?"

Let's say the "rapture" happens between now and when I die. Reveal Hidden Content
    apparently I'll die first since you're younger.
    If you recognize the event, and I can't guarantee you will, then you'll have the opportunity to repent, but you'll have to keep the faith through a very bad time. You may be beheaded, or worse.

After the rapture of the church and the close of the dispensation of the age of grace God will resume the prophetic time table. That could take up to 40 years. The "man of sin" is revealed. He, for the most part, will be a dictator ruling over a ten nation confederacy occupying the Middle East. He will go on a rampage until the middle of the 7 year period called the tribulation. In the middle of that period he will sit himself on the throne in the temple calling himself God. That is when he becomes the "son of perdition".

If you can stay alive for 3 1/2 more years you'll see Jesus return to earth. If you take the mark of the beast you're dead. If you live through it and enter into the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ you still have to keep the law or you will be terminated quickly.

Fun stuff isn't it?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Everything is wrath and brimstone and apocalypses with you lot isn't it. No wonder unbelievers think Christians are a bunch of deluded, misanthropic control freaks.
    Actually Revelation states that mankind will not be able to buy or sell without the mark. John warns us not to be apart of that system. If you do, terrible things will happen to you.

So who is the control freak here? Is it John, or is it the global system that demands compliance? With such a system via a microchip, they could track you in terms of location and every financial transaction you make. No more cheating on taxes, running from the law. In fact, they could monitor everything you do and say.

It's not a question of if, but when.

With freedoms waning across the globe and computer programs tracking our every move, who are the control freaks here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree