This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:23
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    Muslims... what do they/you believe happened. Is this a big part of their/your belief??
    Don't they believe Genesis?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:261 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    With or without Gabriel?
    🙄 With, of course. Muslims are all early Genesis fans!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 01:42

5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 04:10
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Of course they do.
    For Muslims, Muhammed is one in a long line of prophets that go back to Moses and Abraham. So their God is the same as the Chrsitian/Jewish one, and the early biblical accounts are a part of their same worldview ...
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 08:19

7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 10:53
    The Christian God is one and the same being also Jesus...
    Do Muslims also believe in Jesus?
    As a prophet, yes.
    As divine? No.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 20:45
    The Christian God is one and the same being also Jesus...
    Do Muslims also believe in Jesus?
    But thats when the recognition of prophets ends. Anyone from the 10th century on up is not recognised by Islam. For instance, in the Bahai faith, they believe Bahaula (sp?) was a prophet, circa 1880, but banished from Iran because he was not recognised as a prophet by the Muslims in Iran and fled to Haifa, Israel to found the faith there.
    The Bahai world headquarters is there to this day, having just finished building up the grounds. I know about it because my daughter and her husband were Bahai's for a few years, they gave it up because although they talked sexual equality, they have no women in the upper ranks so my kids quit.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 00:12
    Muslims... what do they/you believe happened. Is this a big part of their/your belief??
    Muslim's come from Abraham son Ishmael.
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 07:06
    Originally posted by amannion
    As a prophet, yes.
    As divine? No.
    In my opinioin, Mohammad was the cleverest of all the prophets. He corrected the mistakes of all the prophets before him. He proclaimed that he was THE last prophet. Therefore, whoever came after him are false prophets.

And yes, he readily acknowledged that he is not God, just a prophet. But have you noticed, compared to all the prophets before him, only Mohammad is to be worship like a God.

So, Jesus is criticed for claiming that he is the son of God. And people who actually accepted him as God worship him like one. Mohammad is different. He made it a point to be worshipped like a God. You get credit for visiting his tomb even. And when you pray, you have to face Makkah (Kiblat). It is wrong to pray without facing the correct direction in Islam!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 18:563 edits
    God began a jihad against himself hence the Big Bang. IF you ask me he was a martyre and NOT a suicidal murderer.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 02:02
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    In my opinioin, Mohammad was the cleverest of all the prophets. He corrected the mistakes of all the prophets before him. He proclaimed that he was THE last prophet. Therefore, whoever came after him are false prophets.

And yes, he readily acknowledged that he is not God, just a prophet. But have you noticed, compared to all the prophets before him, only ...[text shortened]... have to face Makkah (Kiblat). It is wrong to pray without facing the correct direction in Islam!
    Who say that Muslims worship the prophet Muhammed?

Muslims worship the only one GOD. Prophet Muhammed is like any other prophet, they are all the same for the Muslim and we as Muslims should belive in all of them the same way.

Do you know know that most of muslims scholars prohipt prayer in a mousqe contain any tomb including the prophet tomb. That is because the prophet him self said that.

I hope you make sure of your information before you post it.
  13. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 03:12
    Originally posted by ahosyney

Muslims worship the only one GOD. Prophet Muhammed is like any other prophet, they are all the same for the Muslim and we as Muslims should belive in all of them the same way.

Do you know know that most of muslims scholars prohipt prayer in a mousqe contain any tomb including the prophet tomb. That is ...[text shortened]... the prophet him self said that.

In which direction do muslims pray? Can they pray in any direction?
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 03:211 edit
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    In which direction do muslims pray? Can they pray in any direction?
    Muslims face Mecca to pray (the Qibla). Muhammad is buried in Medina, where he died. He changed the Qibla from Jerusalem to Mecca while he lived in Medina.

I believe that Muslims who live in Medina also turn toward Mecca to pray--depending in what part of Medina they live, presumably that means they face away from the Prophet's resting place.
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 03:29
    Originally posted by ahosyney

Do you know know that most of muslims scholars prohipt prayer in a mousqe contain any tomb including the prophet tomb. That is ...[text shortened]... the prophet him self said that.

Just to go a little further on this...

If for example, I were to critize Jesus. That he is not the son of God; that he is an ordinary man and some people even suggested that he had a wife and had offspring (s). He is perhaps the olden day Gandhi who advocated non-violence, even at the expense of losing his life on the cross. When he was about to be taken, St Peter tried to resist and in the process cut the ear of the enemy. But even then Jesus resisted violence. Quite stupid, actually. Now how would you react to such a critism? You'd probably say "oh yes, that sounds like a reasonably accurate assessment!".

Now imagine if I were to critize Mohammad. I can go on and on about this. Oh, trust me, I have a lot of critism on this guy. How would you react? Well, I don't know how YOU would react, but I can tell you that most muslims would probably want to issue a death warrant for the critism. Therefore, I find your statement that "prophet Mohammad is like any other prophet...." quite out of the ordinary. Maybe you are just a different muslim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree