1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 00:051 edit
    How come so many are frightened of the other side of life? Of death and negativity in general?
    Should we not have a wholistic perspective on life that puts the "dark side" in it's proper context.

Again I can see parellels with christianity and hinduism where in hinduism the "evil gods" are revered and taught about just as much as the good ones.Inlike in christianity, where many have been killed in the past just for talking about the devil or what not)

After all, God is all. ALL.

(Another major stumbling block in this are taboos. So many people have made up their minds about whether another is evil or not based on things like smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol,etc. and not really applied the teachings of Jesus (as I understand them) or the buddha, for that matter. So I think all taboos are way more repressive than one's personal habits/lifestyle choices. It's what you do after and before that cigarette that is important. How you live the rest of your life.)

Ideas?

(I'll try to respon every 2 days to this thread since I started itπŸ™‚ )
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 00:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How come so many are frightened of the other side of life? Of death and negativity in general?
    Should we not have a wholistic perspective on life that puts the "dark side" in it's proper context.

Again I can see parellels with christianity and hinduism where in hinduism the "evil gods" are revered and taught about just as much as the good ones.Inlik ...[text shortened]... fe.)

Ideas?

(I'll try to respon every 2 days to this thread since I started itπŸ™‚ )
    No takers,eh?

Too boring?
    Too scary?
    I'm a bit confused here, I thought I would get at least one theist telling me to keep my head in or stop being silly or something.
    Oh well, back to the noodling room.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 10:10
    [b]How come so many are frightened of the other side of life?
    If people really believed in life after death, they would not be afraid, but in reality, deep down, people really know there is no life after death, (and that religion is a lie!)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 12:27
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If people really believed in life after death, they would not be afraid, but in reality, deep down, people really know there is no life after death, (and that religion is a lie!)
    Why do you presume to know what "people" really do or do not believe; are or are not afraid of?
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 13:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you presume to know what "people" really do or do not believe; are or are not afraid of?
    Do you agree with me that most people do not look forward to dying or, based on your knowledge, do you think most people look forward to death? In fact, why don't we start a poll asking "Do you want to die?" If I may cast the 1st vote, I vote no!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 19:51
    Do you agree with me that most people do not look forward to dying or, based on your knowledge, do you think most people look forward to death? In fact, why don't we start a poll asking "Do you want to die?" If I may cast the 1st vote, I vote no!
    Not looking forward to dying, is nowhere near the same as what you said which was:

"If people really believed in life after death, they would not be afraid, but in reality, deep down, people really know there is no life after death, (and that religion is a lie!)"
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:13
    Maybe it's life Jim, but not as we know it πŸ˜‰
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's right. Death is the killer. It stops the flow of prana and only with our minds can we fix this problem, hence "the journey of life"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree