1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 May '06 14:04
    Originally posted by welsharnie
    I thought the story itself was a good one, although the actual telling of it wasn't great.

I get fed up when people say it is a bad book, purely on the basis that it doesn't stand up under scrutiny, and it can't be true. They seem to think everything must either be complete fantasy, or completely truthful... it's nice to have something in-between occasionally!
    It's a bad book because it's badly written. I don't think anyone is saying anything about it being a bad book because it isn't true.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 May '06 14:21
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    It's a bad book because it's badly written. I don't think anyone is saying anything about it being a bad book because it isn't true.
    Those who are even mildly interested in the subject matter have heard the premise put forth previously, and found it uncompelling. Dressing it up as in garbs of intrigue stinks of agenda-driven drivel, much like Tim Lahaye's "Left Behind" series. That's bad.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '06 21:35
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Those who are even mildly interested in the subject matter have heard the premise put forth previously, and found it uncompelling. Dressing it up as in garbs of intrigue stinks of agenda-driven drivel, much like Tim Lahaye's "Left Behind" series. That's bad.
    If it ends up destroying christianity, true or not, hey, I'll take it.
  4. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '06 00:09
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    What is your opinion of the book? Does the book satisfy you with the mystery of the Grail,the last supper,etc.Is the book overrated? Do you think the movie will be successful as the book? Share your insights, the good and the bad aspects of the DaVinci code.
    it's a story. people are looking into it too much. leave the man alone.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '06 07:08
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    it's a story. people are looking into it too much. leave the man alone.
    Yes, but when the author writes on the front page FACT, how far are we looking in?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 May '06 14:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If it ends up destroying christianity, true or not, hey, I'll take it.
    Two guess as to the outcome of that conjecture.
  7. Joined
    26 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 May '06 21:10
    the Da Vinci Code does not have the depth to be a very profound book.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:33
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    What is your opinion of the book? Does the book satisfy you with the mystery of the Grail,the last supper,etc.Is the book overrated? Do you think the movie will be successful as the book? Share your insights, the good and the bad aspects of the DaVinci code.
    Davinci was homosexual and so painted androgenous figures, it was not a woman depicted at the last supper but an effimnate male..
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:42
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Davinci was homosexual and so painted androgenous figures, it was not a woman depicted at the last supper but an effimnate male..
    Don't let Moldy Crow hear you using those types of names.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Don't let Moldy Crow hear you using those types of names.
    Why? Pray tell
  11. Joined
    23 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 May '06 21:00
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Yes, but when the author writes on the front page FACT, how far are we looking in?
    big deal. if he's wrong then prove it and leave him alone, either way it's still just a story.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '06 08:12
    Originally posted by Prvt Harris
    big deal. if he's wrong then prove it and leave him alone, either way it's still just a story.
    First of all it has been proved wrong. Second of all its a crapily written. Given the above, I don't understand why everyone likes it....Ah, now I see. Everyone is stupid.
  13. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    05 May '06 18:43
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The book was certainly over-rated.

There was no character development, the dialogues were utter crap and there was no hinting towards other possibilties of an outcome.

And besides all this [b]*SPOILER AHEAD*

The epilogue destroys everything the writer builds up.
    The main factor of the story being that it's only interesting because you don't ...[text shortened]... o Eco.
    It has one of the best endings ever written and it's roughly on the same subject.[/b]
    well mentioned. Eco is a MUCH BETTER WRITER

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree