1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 15:111 edit
    So Paul asks the question which some of his critics had:
    Should we Christians continue to sin because of God's grace ?

This is now BEFORE chapter 7 where he starts his in depth analysis of man's fallen condition and chapter 8 where he elaborates on the God ordained solution.

I like that Paul asks if they are ignorant of a very important fact that they must grasp and stand on by faith. They have been crucified and buried with Christ.

I ask "HOW did Paul get to know all of this? Jesus didn't talk much about us being baptized into His death and raised with Him."

The answer must be in the fact that Paul really understood deeply by both revelation and personal personal experience, the significance of baptism.

Look.

" What then shall we say? Should we continue in sin that grace may abound? Absolutely not! We who have died to sin, how shall we still live in it?

Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life. "(6:1-6)

It is important to see that this realization and experience Paul GREW in. It was an encreasing revelation. It was an ever unfolding and encreasing realization. We can see this by the good translation of verse 5 in which he uses the phrase "grown together".

"For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection." (v.5)

From the day he received Jesus into his heart, he began to be "together with Him" in the depths of his being. And he learned that a process was going on.

His old man was dying and being buried away.
    His new man was being raised to walk in newness of a new life of godliness.

Baptism into Christ was an act he obeyed to do.
    Dying and rising together with Jesus Christ unfolded more and more as he lived in the Holy Spirit.

He did not want the Christians to be ignorant of this reality. Together with Christ they would HAVE to be transformed. We are to grow with Christ growing in us.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '16 12:59
    What are the four laws there in Romans 7 and 8 ?

Undersatnding these four laws is all the morality one needs to know for a rich, overflowing, and victorious experience of normal human life.

The law of God is above man, outside of man, and over man making God's commandments known. But this is chiefly to EXPOSE the sin nature that is parasitically dwelling in man's fallen body.

With the law of God Paul in his God created mind agrees. This is the law of his mind.
    But he sees another law which is too powerful for him. It drags him down into sin and to do what he hates.

He feels wretched, defeated, overcome until receives Jesus Christ and discovers a more powerful law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus can liberate him from "the body of this death".

Then if he learns to set his mind on his regenerated spirit where the Spirit of Christ has joined Himself to the believer, the righteous requirement of the law is spontaneously fulfilled.

The law of the Spirit of Christ is STRONGER. It is the sinless Jesus Christ living in organic union with the Christian.

"That the righteous requirement of the law [of God] might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit.

For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." (vs.4,5)
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Oct '16 14:01
    I'm on the JW avoid list. On the Mormon's too, that kinda makes me sad. They are so earnest!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree