1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 07:282 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I did not JOIN any organization to get saved as I'm not.
    Man made? Who are you to question if God is not behind the forming of this organization?

God said in YOUR bible he would have a people for his NAME. No other religion uses his name of Jehovah. Look it up sometime.

It's not our fault you don't get the meaning of the 144,000 in YOUR bible. We to be qualified to be of the elect or chosen ones. You must not understand the question?
    I don't disagree that some of these things are IN the Bible - I like most of the rest of Christendom, completely disagree with your interpretation of them.

I know you are not 'saved'. But if you left the JW organisation you would have no hope of an afterlife would you?

I am a free person with a brain who questions everything about all corporate organised religion

JWs are NOT the "elect" - sorry dude, I know you guys love to think you are or at least think the elect are all JW's.

The fact that I didn't address the point in the OP is certainly not the "sad" thing about my post Galv. The sad thing is that JW organisation contains some honourable folk who have been duped into believing their cult is the chosen group - all cults think like this can't you see that.

The JW organisation has a history littered with false prophecy i.e. prophecy that failed to occur.

And as we have been over this a thousand times and you completely ignore it - here it is again:

Acts 4: 8-12

It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

PS: look it up sometime 😉
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 13:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't disagree that some of these things are IN the Bible - I like most of the rest of Christendom, completely disagree with your interpretation of them.

I know you are not 'saved'. But if you left the JW organisation you would have no hope of an afterlife would you?

I am a free person with a brain who questions everything about all corporate ...[text shortened]... ven to men by which we must be saved.”

PS: look it up sometime 😉[/b]
    I have already proven to you from the scriptures that Jehovah is not
    God's name. Jehovah is purely a man-made name. His original people
    are the Jews; but they have rejected Him. So now He has an open door
    to all people to become His people. Those people who have accepted
    this invitation are now call Christians. What they will be called in the
    future is yet to be determined. But God's name is YAH as I have proven
    to you.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 13:411 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    unless his creation has no will, this supposition is completely immoral. once a creation is given a free will, the creator no longer has any moral basis to do as he chooses with the creation. he may still guide and direct, he may still teach and reason, but their destiny is no longer in his hands.

I think this leads to perhaps an even more mercy on certain individuals. His choice. His creation. His sandbox.

his madness.
    Jesus said -

"The Son of Man is to go, just as it is written of Him; but woe to that man
    by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man
    if he had not been born." (Matthew 26:24 NASB)

"For the Son of Man is to go just as it is written of Him; but woe to that
    man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that
    man if he had not been born.” (Mark 14:21 NASB)
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 14:581 edit

I am a free person with a brain who questions everything about all corporate ven to men by which we must be saved.”

PS: look it up sometime 😉[/b]
    And if all the other Christian religions disagree with us that is completely fine. We expect that as we don't agree with them and we know we will never be accepted by them.......
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 16:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    to you.

to you.

Aren't you taking this to a legalistic extreme ?

If knowing JAH was the only, genuine, bonifide, true and proper divinely sanctioned correct name of God - then how come it is only mentioned Halellujah is only mentioned once in the New Testemant ?

We don't read about Halellujah! in the whole New Testament until Revelation 19:,1,4,6 .

You are making a very large deal of something the New Testament waited until the end of 27 books to even mention.

If it was as crucial that everyone only know about JAH as God's name as it was to know that Christ is the Redeemer and died and risen Lord and Savior, like the former matter, it should have been repeated as frequently and as early.

Thou surely makest a mountain out of a molehill.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 16:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [quote]
    this invitation are now call Christians. What they will be called ...[text shortened]... repeated as frequently and as early.

Very good points actually...
    The danger with RJH's dogmatic view of not using the name Jehovah is he's putting himself up as an expert on this, which he's not, and he's taking a dangerous stand in trying to influance others into accepting his view only.
    And the big problem with this is God himself has not corrected us with the use of this name. If it were truly wrong and with him wanting us to worship him in a correct manner, he would no doubt have let us know in one way or another that this is not correct.
    It is a widely accepted use of his name in most societies as Robbie has shown.

The really big problem here is the confusion the trinity brings to this. It's very hard for these two names " Jesus & Jehovah " to make sense in this trinity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 19:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    to you.
    What are you hassling me about this for!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 20:03
    And if all the other Christian religions disagree with us that is completely fine. We expect that as we don't agree with them and we know we will never be accepted by them.......
    How do JW's explain the scripture I gave you (which you as usual ignored)?

It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is “the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 20:43
    How do JW's explain the scripture I gave you (which you as usual ignored)?

It is by the [b]name of Jesus Christ
    of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is “the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”[/b]
    Well I'll personally answer this for you which is now about the "4th time" on this forum. But you may have missed it.
    So read this slowly and a few times to get the points here.

But I don't see the confusion here as yes it is by Jesus's sacrifice that we all have the chance for salvation. Without him doing that it would be hard for us because a perfect human life had to be traded for what Adam lost for us.

But before Jesus did that the only chance we has was thru his Father Jehovah. He had our future in his hands and he is the one that started the whole process in motion with us one day having a ransome processed.

This is where his son Jesus stepped in and did what he did.

God himself would not and could not do this as he is a spirit and one that cannot die and be seen by man, ever.

So by his Father setting this up and having his son Jesus do this for us it is by Jesus's actions or name that we all now have a chance to gain salvation.

So lets make this clear once and for all. Only by Jehovahs love for us and Jesus's love for us do we have the chance to live. But without Jehovah starting this whole precess back after Adam sinned do we have this opportunity. Jesus was the one who went thru what he did and his Father tells us to honor him and listen to him for our guidance. Hence Jesus is called the "Word" or God's spokesman. And we do listen and honor him with our whole hearts.

But........to put this in perspective we do not pray to Jesus. Jesus said we are only to pray to HIS FATHER but thru him ( Jesus ) as he is now our mediator to his Father Jehovah.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 21:44
    Well I'll personally answer this for you which is now about the "4th time" on this forum. But you may have missed it.

But I don't see the confusion here as yes it is by Jesus's sacrifice that we all have the chance for salvation. Without him doing that it would be hard for us because a per ...[text shortened]... to HIS FATHER but thru him ( Jesus ) as he is now our mediator to his Father Jehovah.
    So you agree that Jesus is the only name by which we are saved, as in salvation, as the scripture says?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 23:171 edit
    So you agree that [b]Jesus is the only name by which we are saved, as in salvation, as the scripture says?[/b]
    Yes but did you not read my last post? It explains it all.

But to try once again, Jehovah is putting his son Jesus up as our King and it is to him that we honor above all other CREATIONS and are answering to at this time.
    But this does not usurp Almighty Jehovah God's finale authority. If for some reason beyond our understanding and comprehension Jesus were to somehow decide to go beyond what his Father Jehovah wishes, commands or plans for this earth, then Jehovah is God Almighty and would stop anything from happening that would change his laws and plans. I am 10000000000000000000000% without a doubt that something like that will never happen but you need to understand that Jesus for all he's done for his Father and for us......... is still #2 in line from Jehovah. We do not worship Jesus ever as Jesus told us in YOUR bible.
    Do you get that point?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 03:371 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [quote]
    this invitation are now call Christians. What they will be called repeated as frequently and as early.

It is a big deal as far as the JWs are concerned. Jesus is actually "YAH saves".
    So don't be telling me that it is not in the Holy Bible until Revelation. YAH is
    also "I AM" in English and Who Jesus claimed to be. The JW's do not call on
    the name of Jesus (YAHshua) to be saved. They call upon upon a man-made
    name that has no meaning. Even though Jesus is not correct because it is a
    transliteration from two different languages, it does stand for the Savior's
    name. It is a very big deal, my friend.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 03:39
    What are you hassling me about this for!
    Sorry, wrong person.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 03:44
    Very good points actually...
    The danger with RJH's dogmatic view of not using the name Jehovah is he's putting himself up as an expert on this, which he's not, and he's taking a dangerous stand in trying to influance others into accepting his view only.
    And the big problem with this is God himself has not corrected us with the use of this name. If i ...[text shortened]... is. It's very hard for these two names " Jesus & Jehovah " to make sense in this trinity.
    What do you think I am doing right now? I am correcting you so you
    know what is the proper name. I am doing this with the influence of
    the Holy Spirit, which you deny.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 03:51

But I don't see the confusion here as yes it is by Jesus's sacrifice that we all have the chance for salvation. Without him doing that it would be hard for us because a per ...[text shortened]... to HIS FATHER but thru him ( Jesus ) as he is now our mediator to his Father Jehovah.
    The Father's name is "YAH". YAHshua came in His Father's name. Get it?
    There is no person by the name of Jehovah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree