1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 05:30
    the end times are near. better be on best behaviour.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 05:39
    Originally posted by chantetthye
    The end of our civilization has never been nearer!
    (And has been so for the last thousands of years. Yawn.)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 06:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The end of our civilization has never been nearer!
    (And has been so for the last thousands of years. Yawn.)
    great. I am glad someone agree.🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 07:211 edit
    How many times have christian cults made a prophecy that the end is near? And even set the last day?
    Many times. Therefore my yawn. Meaning: We've heard it before...
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 07:53
    Originally posted by chantetthye
    It's about time.
  6. England
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 11:33
    jan 12th 2061 about 8am "subject to terms and conditions".
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 11:53
    How many times have christian cults made a prophecy that the end is near? And even set the last day?
    Just remember in the story "The boy who cried wolf" the wolf does come at the end.
    Having said that I wouldn't change a thing.

Which brings me to another question: If the world does end in some disaster(for example), would everybody have the same perspective on it? Like would it be a 'bad' thing? Or is it possible that some might have a positive take on it?
  8. England
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Which brings me to another question: If the world does end in some disaster(for example), would everybody have the same perspective on it? Like would it be a 'bad' thing? Or is it possible that some might have a positive take on it?[/b]
    positve take will be the sheep... bad thing would be the goats. positve would be jesus and saints ... bad thing would be devil and demons
    and have a merry xmas only 50 left
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 12:17
    Originally posted by stoker
    positve take will be the sheep... bad thing would be the goats. positve would be jesus and saints ... bad thing would be devil and demons
    and have a merry xmas only 50 left
    Merry xmas to you too ,dear sir.
    I personally believe we have some control on when the world ends , so in your version there could be 51 or 49 xmases left.
    For me 'positive' would be transending life and death, returning to the Source, and ,as Frank Black put it, "sail away on a wave of mutilation"😵
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:21
    No no no no they weren't Christians. By making such a statement that you know the last day of the existence of the world makes you God. No true Christian can ever give you the date of the end of the world, but every true Christian can tell you that we are close to the end according to the Word of God.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:24
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    No no no no they weren't Christians. By making such a statement that you know the last day of the existence of the world makes you God. No true Christian can ever give you the date of the end of the world, but every true Christian can tell you that we are close to the end according to the Word of God.
    Here we go with the "true Christian" nonsense again.

True Christian = One that believes only as I believe.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Just remember in the story "The boy who cried wolf" the wolf does come at the end.
    Having said that I wouldn't change a thing.

Which brings me to another question: If the world does end in some disaster(for example), would everybody have the same perspective on it? Like would it be a 'bad' thing? Or is it possible that some might have a positive take on it?
    Listening to Christians blather on about the 'end times' is enough to make one wish for its arrival so we wouldn't have to listen to them drone on anymore. Needless to say, my interpretation of the 'end times' is vastly different than their puerile mythology.

What it refers to is not some apocalyptic, supernatural cataclysm, but rather to the time when mankind leaves behind his former life of exploitation and profit and builds the communal kingdom of 'god' here on earth. What is ending is the former world of profit, usury, avarice and greed and what ensues is the ushering in of a world of universal love and charity. A world that has been redeemed from the original sin of private property and all its attendant vices. It is entirely up to mankind when the end times and the kingdom of god are brought about.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 01:132 edits
    The world may "end" for you at any time. You do not know when your last moment will be.

There is no guarantee you will see next week. The tiniest blood vessel could break in your brain and your "end of the world" would come immediately.

You could be in a car accident tomorrow. Your end of the world could come in an instant. Those people in the World Trade Center in NY. They left for work that morning not knowing that "the end of the world" would come upon them that day.

So humble yourself before God. Take the time to receive the Savior Jesus. You and I do not know when the "end of the world" will come upon us. Only God knows that.

But if we continue to live, maybe Christ will come again in our lifetime. Maybe He will not. But He is coming. It is so good to take the time to love Him now.
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 05:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Listening to Christians blather on about the 'end times' is enough to make one wish for its arrival so we wouldn't have to listen to them drone on anymore. Needless to say, my interpretation of the 'end times' is vastly different than their puerile mythology.

What it refers to is not some apocalyptic, supernatural cataclysm, but rather to the time when ...[text shortened]... It is entirely up to mankind when the end times and the kingdom of god are brought about.
    Cheers, mate
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 07:48
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    No no no no they weren't Christians.
    Then there are not many christians on Earth. You and some others fundamentalists like you, no more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree