1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 May '06 17:52
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    We're quite sure that Haile Selassie existed, though.
    Purely a victim of the nature of modern communication and information dissemination. Praise him!
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    04 May '06 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    This brings up an interesting point. [b]"Christ did not come to do away with blood sacrifice and the high preist. He became our blood sacrifice and our high preist." This reminds us that before Jesus the poor Jews had to shunt their sins onto animals and then kill the animals to be rid of their sins. In order for someone to believe that Jesus' " ...[text shortened]... ne, you need to believe in the other or it all has no meaning.

Edit: Typo correction.[/b]
    Isn't this what the letter to the Hebrews is all about? How the animal sacrifices only partly worked?

EDIT: Sorry, I see now the point's been expanded upon and you simply don't like the idea of God wanting blood.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '06 18:402 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    LOL! The arguments on the website "seemed weak"??? Here's WEAK:

As the web site indicated the prophesies that were not fulfilled will be in the second coming. No scripture was given to prove that this is not possible. No where in the Bible does it say that the Messiah can only come once. It only talks about him coming once. In fact, there is he's actually put some study into it and you are simply parroting what somebody told you.
    Thanks for making me study this issue. It has been an eye opener for me. If you must know I looked up the word Messiah in my concordance and it seems that the word Messiah is only used one time in all the Old Testament in Daniel 9:24-26. So if you really want to get technical about prophesies about the Messiah, this is the only one you can use. Who is to say the other prophesies are not talking about someone other than the true Messiah assuming you do not want ot assume anything. Here is the scripture in Daniel chapter 9:

24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."
    25 "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the comandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks; the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."
    26 "And after threescore and two seeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself; and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

Upon futher study into the issue I found this web site about Messiahonic prophesies.

http://www.bprc.org/topics/fulfill.html

I know, I know it is a Christian web site. EEEKKKKSSSS!!! However, the verse I mentioned was in this web site. Here is what it says about Daniel 9:24-26

"One of the first things to note in the Old Testament is that God tells us exactly when Messiah would come to earth. In Daniel 9:24-26, he gives us a total of 69 weeks (a euphamism of the day meaning a period of 7 years) or 483 years after Jerusalem and its wall were commissioned to be rebuilt for when the Messiah would be "cut off" for our sins. The best archaelogical evidence dates the rebuilding of Jerusalem at about 453 BC. Four Hundred and eighty three years after the city was rebuilt, Jesus was being crucified outside its walls....."

And there you have it. A calendar for the first coming of the Messiah. If I recall, however, his last words were, "I'll be back!!!!!!!" Oddly enough, I think he was even wearing a black leather jacket and dark sun glasses when he said it. At least this web site backs up all its claims using scripture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree