1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 02:451 edit
    i am not a baptized mormon.

i "defend" the ideals of "short creek" but not some of their practices.

i would like to kindly...and i repeat KINDLY...discuss the mormon existential situation..both community of christ, short creek, lds, eagle mountain, etc.

i have no axe to grind..if you do...GO AWAY...this is just a thread about the life that is mormon and why it is so...

..if you have any other agenda...then please go away...you are neither appreciated or wanted...

..catholics, jews, baptists, ex-mormons, etc...please...all express your heart..no one is turned away who has an open heart of understanding or an open grief...

reinfeld

i may re-open "mormon coffee" ( a clan or a club if there is a KINDLY and continuing interest in this post ).

people with ugly thoughts need to go to the general forum to post or some other place. i will meet the "ugly people" toe to toe in some other place...i fear you not.

reinfeld
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 05:32
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    i am not a baptized mormon.

i "defend" the ideals of "short creek" but not some of their practices.

i would like to kindly...and i repeat KINDLY...discuss the mormon existential situation..both community of christ, short creek, lds, eagle mountain, etc.

i have no axe to grind..if you do...GO AWAY...this is just a thread about the life that is mormo ...[text shortened]... will meet the "ugly people" toe to toe in some other place...i fear you not.

reinfeld
    You have my complete attention, so what have you to present?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 14:54
    there are many items one might discuss that populate the mormon view.

one for instance is the idea of pre-existence. now this is not reincarnation as one normally understands multiple lives. this is a spirit life that one has before one is
    born into the material world. one lives but one life in the material world and then
    returns a final time to the life of the spirit.

in the material period ( what we call life here on earth ) we are in a school. we earn a
    right to progress to a higher final spirit state depending in part on how we have lived
    this one earlhly life.

i myself do not care for this idea. i much prefer that the traditional view of reincarnation was the final truth. many multiple lives gives us many opportunities
    to learn about what the final truth is ( whatever that may be ). since most religions believe that god ( what ever he, she or it is ) has much love and patience i do not see the need in a theology for a single chance to get it right.

i do realize that many doctrines, if not all, are not decisions made by men but are "given by god" so those who hold the doctrines do not believe they are choosing one over another and their own preference for a better idea is not part of the conversation.

so, if one entertains the idea of progressing in this life to obtain a better life in the next do you not agree that the mormon single life is shortchaning one on god's love and patience ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree