1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 00:54
    What scientific experiment can explain what happens after death? Some Athiests believe that nothing happens and there is just darkness. In that case, would the end of Adolf Hitler be the same as someone like Mother Teresa? No. This is foolishness.

The ways of man are vile and corrupt. Of oursleves we can do no good. Our hearts are set in us to do evil, everyday. "Even the kindest acts of the sinful man is evil." So where does good come from? God himself. In reality every good deed that anyone has ever done on this Earth since it's existance can be traced back to the hand of God. Why?

Because man has knowledge of good and of evil. Animals donot precieve good or evil, only survival. Through disobedience in the garden of Eden, the eyes of man has been opened to the only two forces that operate in existence; good and evil.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 13:51
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    What scientific experiment can explain what happens after death? Some Athiests believe that nothing happens and there is just darkness. In that case, would the end of Adolf Hitler be the same as someone like Mother Teresa? No. This is foolishness.

The ways of man are vile and corrupt. Of oursleves we can do no good. Our hearts are set in us to do ...[text shortened]... eyes of man has been opened to the only two forces that operate in existence; good and evil.
    We need to move "beyond good and evil" (Nietzsche).
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 14:03
    In that case, would the end of Adolf Hitler be the same as someone like Mother Teresa? No. This is foolishness.
    Atheists do not believe there is life after death, therefore, to suggest that one person dying is somehow different to someone else, based on their actions in life is more than just a little delusional. You seem to have this opinion that there is some ultimate right and wrong. Killing is wrong (according to the 10 commandments) yet victorious soldiers in battle are somehow not included into this. My Grandfather flew a plane in WW2. He bombed Dresden killing thousands of civilians, do i believe he went to Heaven or Hell? Neither as it happens, because the idea of some burning pit of damnation and a fluffy cloud where everyone skips across rainbows is, quite frankly, absurd!
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 14:032 edits
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    The dichotomy in the garden was between two sources:

The "tree of life" verses the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil"

Both good and evil were on the same tree of death.

Nietzsche, in this case, was right. The Bible is the story as to how God created man to take in God Himself as the divine and eternal LIFE. Man chose independence embodied in the knowledge of good and evil.

In the 66 books God brings man back to Himself as the eternal and divine life - the realm within which man must live.

What he didn't know was that he would not have the power to perform the good nor to resist the evil for Satan, God's enemy, was the authority over independence from God. This independence from God is a dynamic withdrawal into death.

Unfortunely, I doubt that Nietzsche ever moved from the knowledge of good and evil to Christ as the life of God.
  5. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 03:13

The ways of man are vile and corrupt. Of oursleves we can do no good. Our hearts are set in us to do ...[text shortened]... eyes of man has been opened to the only two forces that operate in existence; good and evil.
    What was it like before you were born? That's what it will be like when you're dead. Scientific proof.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 04:52
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    No silly, we need to move beyond evil and be good. Nietzsche was'nt the sharpest tack. 😛
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 09:07
    Originally posted by smw6869
    What was it like before you were born? That's what it will be like when you're dead. Scientific proof.
    it was dark and i was doing flips in a womb
  8. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 09:17

Uhm...
    given that an atheist does not believe in a soul, given that there is absolutely no evidence for a soul, and given that more and more functions of the human brain are being mapped and understood, I think it is perfectly scientifically plausible to state that since all brain function ceases after death, then all conscious experience also stops. In fact all experience stops. Just like when you sleep without dreams.
    Silly question. Why does everyone here want proof, I can make up any fairy story and ask for you to prove me wrong (see spaghetti monster) and likewise, no atheist will ever be happy with any apparent proof that a believer of any kind can provide. (because it always involves circular argument, philosophically it cannot be proven)
    You end up just having an argument for arguments sake. Yes, we're on an internet forum, that's the point, but at least don't whine (either side cause I've noticed it's not just the religious that do) when you get one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree