1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Religion is man trying to find God.

God is through Jesus reconciling the world back to himself. Jesus is a person not a religion.
    No, but He started one.
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 23:57
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No, but He started one.
    Well, that's debateable.
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 00:49
    I would agree that all religion is false.
    so you give praise to your disbelief? or do you think you need to fine tune your thoughts?
    so your saying we had a massive explosion which happened purely by chance because someone told you so? and remarkedly your bodily organs were a result of this?
    Your car for example was built with working parts, it didnt happen by chance, someone actually designed and built it....your car wasnt the cause of some massive explosion....how odd would that be if we had an explosion then remarkebly a fully functional car was a result of it.
    how did the paint job come to be?
    your car needs constant maintenance, give it regular tune up, take it to someone that can help.

strange how the brain and eyes and all your other bodily parts work and work together, so according to your opinion this happenend by chance.....you need a tune up, give God a visit.
  4. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 01:02
    Originally posted by barstudd
    so you give praise to your disbelief? or do you think you need to fine tune your thoughts?
    so your saying we had a massive explosion which happened purely by chance because someone told you so? and remarkedly your bodily organs were a result of this?
    Your car for example was built with working parts, it didnt happen by chance, someone actually designed an ...[text shortened]... so according to your opinion this happenend by chance.....you need a tune up, give God a visit.
    Are you a bot?
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:08
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Well, that's debateable.
    It's the Truth, which isn't debatable.
  6. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 10:33
    It's the Truth, which isn't debatable.
    I propose the motion that what is or is not the truth is a common feature of debates, if sometimes implicitly.

As far as 'Truth' with a capital 'T' is concerned, I propose the motion that this notion cannot be justified without circularity.

QED
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 12:54
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    List the false religions.
    Perhaps we should start with the ones that died off.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Perhaps we should start with the ones that died off.
    Right so Judaism was the first one, which got replaced by Catholicism, So Catholicism Is The First Religion under The New Law, which means It's The only Real One.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:03
    Right so Judaism was the first one, which got replaced by Catholicism, So Catholicism Is The First Religion under The New Law, which means It's The only Real One.
    judaism died off? are you stupid?

the fact that they haven't accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, doesn't mean they "died off".
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:15
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    judaism died off? are you stupid?

the fact that they haven't accepted Jesus as their lord and savior, doesn't mean they "died off".
    I didn't say they "died off" I said that it was replaced meaning that Jesus came and died for our sins, The New Law is in place now, if you decide to still follow Judaism that's your problem.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:35
    I didn't say they "died off" I said that it was replaced meaning that Jesus came and died for our sins, The New Law is in place now, if you decide to still follow Judaism that's your problem.
    there was a new religion that grew out of judaism, but it didn't replace it.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 16:45
    Your car for example was built with working parts, it didnt happen by chance, someone actually designed an ...[text shortened]... so according to your opinion this happenend by chance.....you need a tune up, give God a visit.
    i am not religous. I am not in a religion.
    I am in a relationship with the creator.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 16:47
    i am not religous. I am not in a religion.
    I am in a relationship with the creator.
    you believe in the christian version of spirituality, therefore you are part of a religion.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 01:08
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you believe in the christian version of spirituality, therefore you are part of a religion.
    not really.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 01:10
    Good comment...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree