1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 12:53
    is scientology, a made up religion based on dianetics and founded by a science fiction writer😞
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 12:57
    Originally posted by duecer
    is scientology, a made up religion based on dianetics and founded by a science fiction writer😞
    Yes it is,...... but the made up part, is a collection of beliefs and ideas that have a positive affect on the body and mind, if put into practice.

What he made up, actually has some worth.

vishva
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 13:091 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    True, although it really isn't that surprising for a new religion.

I can make up a religion. Once I get another follower it has already doubled in size, making it a much faster growing religion than Scientology (assuming you measure the rate of increase by proportion rather than increase in number of members).

If you are talking about increase in numbers of members, it still isn't that surprising.

Once a religion gets large enough to be close to saturation point, it wouldn't grow that quickly.

EDIT: I also can't imagine Scientology ever becoming as large as Christianity.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 13:211 edit
    Scientology is a business, not a religion. Like an awful role-playing game where one pays to achieve a higher thetan level to bring out their "powers" and "abilities" - such as telepathy. A true cash cult for the rich and deluded.
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 13:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Scientology is a business, not a religion. Like an awful role-playing game where one pays to achieve a higher thetan level to bring out their "powers" and "abilities" - such as telepathy. A true cash cult for the rich and deluded.
    Good point. I suppose it is more like a pyramid scheme.
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 20:54
    I would have to agree with what this is he said, being I went to view one of their open house videos they had of a free ticket to share to the community and I decided to go..

I waited by the tv for over an hour just for a fella to come up to me to say they had to post pone to another day, and next time I were to return, to have deodorant and a cleaned shaved face..

I had a beard, and still do, 10 inches long, and I also said I could walk right out and slap on some B O stick to the pit, but that I have no intentions on such, for they showed me what they were..

Clearly not Christ like, as Christ would have bathed the man if there were a shower near by, at least let the man shower...
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 20:56
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Clearly not Christ like, as Christ would have bathed the man if there were a shower near by, at least let the man shower...
    See, even Christ sees the importance of good hygiene. What's your excuse?
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 21:02
    See, even Christ sees the importance of good hygiene. What's your excuse?
    When you live on the streets, not a place to lay thy head, you have no care as you would if you were established..

Let me add that I had not a bad odor, maybe a tad, but I mostly am well sustained by my good Father Mother of all, to which I can do without a shower for a period of 3 to 4 weeks, and be not at all rancid
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 21:04
    Even at this cafe I come to, just before I arrive daily I stop at Macy's lol and slap on some spray of cologne =p
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 21:221 edit
    When you live on the streets, not a place to lay thy head, you have no care as you would if you were established..

Let me add that I had not a bad odor, maybe a tad, but I mostly am well sustained by my good Father Mother of all, to which I can do without a shower for a period of 3 to 4 weeks, and be not at all rancid

You're kidding yourself here. People become desensitized odors they are around continuously. If it was bad enough for the guy to say something, it was.
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 23:13

Apart from the accumulation of cheddar on your love truncheon.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 01:30
    Originally posted by lausey
    Apart from the accumulation of cheddar on your love truncheon.
    lol
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 05:47
    I hear its like Dungeons and Dragons only you make money in the process.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree