The Foundation and Identity of Europe .......

The Foundation and Identity of Europe .......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Would it be unrealistic to work towards an identity for Europe under the banner of Jesus Christ, for example?

Would the fact that Christian Europe was unified thus until a few centuries back mean that the "Fourth Empire" of Daniel has already come to pass? If so, who was the Anti-Christ? And how is it Biblical to suppose that the Anti-Christ would unify Europe under the banner of Christ?
I've been told the Pope is the anti-Christ.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
29 Sep 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yes and ATY's response was directly on-topic.
Its only 'on topic' if you accept the ravings of maniacs as relevant.

LH made an attempt to engage discussion on a serious topic of concern to all in Europe (pro and anti) and was rewardewd by fundementalist nonsense.

The US is not the only country in the world. FFS

a

Meddling with things

Moves
29 Sep 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Would it be unrealistic to work towards an identity for Europe under the banner of Jesus Christ, for example?

Would the fact that Christian Europe was unified thus until a few centuries back mean that the "Fourth Empire" of Daniel has already come to pass? If so, who was the Anti-Christ? And how is it Biblical to suppose that the Anti-Christ would unify Europe under the banner of Christ?
Why would we want it?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06

The topic here is Christian perspectives on European unity.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Sep 06

Yes, because as ATY's quoted article mentions, it is the anti-Christ who will rule united Europe. So working against Biblical prophesies, the Word of God Himself, is blasphemy.

The rapture occurs during the reign of the Anti-Christ and since RBHILL is still around, the Anti-Christ hasn't shown up yet.

EDIT: The Antichrist will speak blasph ...[text shortened]... ersecution of the tribulation saints, those who accept Christ after the rapture of His church.
Trying to hijack the thread again, marauder, by pushing away the original serious subject and replacing it by reacting to a post dealing with lunatic fundamentalist baloney ? Find yourself a job as a stand-up comedian and stop polluting serious threads.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Sep 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The topic here is Christian perspectives on European unity.
Not quite, .... the subject is "The Foundation and Identity of Europe".

This means that serious secular rational thoughts are also welcome in the discussion.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Sep 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Trying to hijack the thread again, marauder, by pushing away the original serious subject and replacing it by reacting to a post dealing with lunatic fundamentalist baloney ? Find yourself a job as a stand-up comedian and stop polluting serious threads.
What could be more serious than the coming of the Anti-Christ and the Rapture?

If I ever see a serious thread in this forum I'll try not to "pollute" it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06
2 edits

Not quite, .... the subject is "The Foundation and Identity of Europe".

This means that serious secular rational thoughts are also welcome in the discussion.
The topic of the article is BUILDING A EUROPE BASED ON SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL VALUES - those spiritual values being Christian ones apparently, as I didn't see any mention of Celtic, Jewish, Moslem, or the old Norse or Roman spiritualities.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Sep 06

The topic of the article is BUILDING A EUROPE BASED ON SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL VALUES - those spiritual values being Christian ones apparently, as I didn't see any mention of Celtic, Jewish, Moslem, or the old Norse or Roman spiritualities.
The subject is "The Foundation and Identity of Europe". Period.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Sep 06

What could be more serious than the coming of the Anti-Christ and the Rapture?

If I ever see a serious thread in this forum I'll try not to "pollute" it.
Stop behaving like an annoying clown.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06
1 edit

Then why did you immediately start talking about BUILDING A EUROPE BASED ON SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL VALUES and talking about the Catholic church etc? The foundation of Europe is the bedrock beneath, and the identity of Europe is the western part of Eurasia.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06
1 edit

Stop behaving like an annoying clown.
Stop trying to control what people have to say when you don't like it. That's what the American Protestants have always taught about the Catholics...trying to control the world through their heirarchical organisation.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Sep 06

Stop trying to control what people have to say when you don't like it. That's what the American Protestants have always taught about the Catholics...trying to control the world through their heirarchical organisation.
Marauder: "Jerks who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories are boring."

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 06

Marauder: "Jerks who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories are boring."
Protestant conspiracy theorists aren't boring! They're weirdos, but I wouldn't say boring.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
02 Oct 06

BUILDING A EUROPE BASED ON SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL VALUES
Like someone said: sure, why not, so long as all the cultures are represented. That includes Islam (been in Europe since the 8th century AD at least) among others.