The Giants of Gen 6 myth or ?

The Giants of Gen 6 myth or ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
21 Mar 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
yeah, other things you can read about at that site:

zombies
planet x
aliens

don't believe everything on the internet. better yet, don't believe anything.
True 🙂

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
21 Mar 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Seemed to be echo's of these half/demi gods in Greek mythology as well.
I agree a lot of these stories and myths are borrowed one from another no argument there.

Manny

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
21 Mar 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The flood was worldwide. It did not wipe out humanity. It did not cover the tallest mountains. It raised the worldwide sea level such that the Persian Gulf and the English Channel filled up with water. The flood occurred because all those glaciers covering northern Eurasia melted due to global warming.

I've wondered if Neandertal might be the Nephilim but they weren't tall.
that "tall" thing may have been something lost in translation along the way. they probably meant heroic/legendary man-gods (or demigods) of power and renown.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Mar 12

that "tall" thing may have been something lost in translation along the way. they probably meant heroic/legendary man-gods (or demigods) of power and renown.
It's possible the exact meanings of those terms may have changed over time, but there had to be something extra ordinary about them even if nothing else in their demeanor. The Bible describes them as bullys or tyrants and they would have no doubt been the doom of mankind if God had not steped in and wipped the earth clean of their influance.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
21 Mar 12

Originally posted by jaywill
don't believe everything on the internet. better yet, don't believe anything.

That's a pretty cynical attitude, to advize people not to believe anything on the Internet. You have written a lot of things which you seemed at least to proport as accurate knowledge.

Were you just trolling all those times, throwing out stuff t ...[text shortened]... on of what VoidSpirit writes on the Internet, don't believe anything else on the Internet ?
no, i advise people to not believe anything at all.

anything i say or write is a sharing of my opinions and my interpretations of what i experience limited by my knowledge base and analytical ability.

you are under no obligation to believe anything i say, at best you should accept or reject it from the perspective of your own experiences, knowledge base and analytical ability.

at no time should belief be an acceptable position on any topic.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Mar 12

Neandertal were built heavily - very physically strong and stocky.

j

Moves
21 Mar 12

no, i advise people to not believe anything at all.

anything i say or write is a sharing of my opinions and my interpretations of what i experience limited by my knowledge base and analytical ability.

you are under no obligation to believe anything i say, at best you should accept or reject it from the perspective of your own experiences, knowledge base and analytical ability.

That sounds extreme and rather ridiculously hyper cynical, not to mention self refuting.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Mar 12

That sounds extreme and rather ridiculously hyper cynical, not to mention self refuting.
All he wants "is the facts Jack". Lol

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Neandertal were built heavily - very physically strong and stocky.
true, but there weren't any of them around during the time of legends. these "giants" are described as heroic beings and men of renown. i don't think bones would be able to earn reputations.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
22 Mar 12
1 edit

none of those apply. you're just attempting to rationalize the imprisonment imposed upon you by your beliefs.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Mar 12
1 edit

I think they were tall beings there is no reason to refute their height. In the book of 1 Cron somewhere it speaks of David's Mighty men and one was said to slay an Egyptian man that was 5 cubits tall. 5 cubits is between 7.5' and 8.5' depending on which cubit is used. While 7.5' is tall like NBA tall that's still tall compared to an average human being. Also I remember the world for nephilm means to fall upon or might so these were strong probably tall men.

“The people are bigger and taller than we; the cities are large and fortified to heaven. And besides, we saw the sons of the Anakim there.”’

From Deut 1:26

Manny

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by menace71
I think they were tall beings there is no reason to refute their height. In the book of 1 Cron somewhere it speaks of David's Mighty men and one was said to slay an Egyptian man that was 5 cubits tall. 5 cubits is between 7.5' and 8.5' depending on which cubit is used. While 7.5' is tall like NBA tall that's still tall compared to an average human being. ...[text shortened]... heaven. And besides, we saw the sons of the Anakim there.”’

From Deut 1:26

Manny
yes, but this is the bible we are talking about, they tend to exaggerate things.

Amo 2:9 "Yet it was I who destroyed the Amorite before them, Though his height was like the height of cedars And he was strong as the oaks; I even destroyed his fruit above and his root below.

cedars grow over 100 feet tall.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by menace71
Problem with this interpretation of this is that were the terms "The sons of god" is used in like a few other places it is referring to angels. Job 1:6 example

Manny
So you think.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Mar 12

yes, but this is the bible we are talking about, they tend to exaggerate things.

Amo 2:9 "Yet it was I who destroyed the Amorite before them, Though his height was like the height of cedars And he was strong as the oaks; I even destroyed his fruit above and his root below.

cedars grow over 100 feet tall.
Any examples of an exaggeration you could mention?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Any examples of an exaggeration you could mention?
umm...did you actually read the post?