1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 04:22
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    given the cyclic events of global warming and cooling and the majority of human civilization occupying coastal areas, it is not unusual for most of them to have racial memories of flood cataclysms.
    maybe but I'm skeptical because these flood stories all talk about a universal flood that covered the earth. I read some of these. while some are completely crazy still there is validity and uniformity in these stories.

Manny
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 04:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    You have to ask the question why would these beings even care or want to intermingle with flesh? I've read that part of this was to try and corrupt the seed or line that would lead to the coming messiah. I know a lot of this stuff seems crazy and I was listening to that Steve Qualye guy and some of the archaeological finds supposedly (I say supposedly becau ...[text shortened]... e says it's like taboo archaeology and they try and hide or cover up these finds.

Manny
    Well I don't think any bones or skeletons would have survived the flood because they did live before the flood happened.
    And who knows you may have a point there about God's seed or Jesus coming to earth but I can't think of any mention like that in the Bible. But remeber too the scriptures say they looked down on the women and noticed how good looking they were. And they obviously could materialize to human form, so there you go. Lust got them and that's where they sinned against God. And like Adam they were perfect in their creation so there will be no forgiveness for them.
    I can't understand Adam sinning but even more so I can't fathom a perfect spirit creature sinning because they have been with God for ions of time and have seen God create so much and if nothing else they know the power and righteousness of God and they would know beyond a doubt that they would not be in a winning situation at all ever for turning their backs on God.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 04:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well I don't think any bones or skeletons would have survived the flood because they did live before the flood happened.
    And who knows you may have a point there about God's seed or Jesus coming to earth but I can't think of any mention like that in the Bible. But remeber too the scriptures say they looked down on the women and noticed how good looking ...[text shortened]... that they would not be in a winning situation at all ever for turning their backs on God.
    check out the link some of these are huge skeletons. These beings apparently were on the earth after the flood also. Also how do we know what survived the flood as far as archaeological remains? they apparently found a race of these giants off the coast of California that apparently ate a type of Elephant that lived there also. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. They found pits were these giants roasted these elephants.

Manny
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 07:031 edit
    maybe but I'm skeptical because these flood stories all talk about a universal flood that covered the earth. I read some of these. while some are completely crazy still there is validity and uniformity in these stories.

Manny
    a good deal of them do have a flood story covering the earth, but this is not universal. in many of the other stories, people survive by fleeing to higher ground.

i'm not really surprised that the stories of flood would eventually grow in the retelling to cover the whole earth. for many of these people, the coastal lands were the only world they knew.

some of the stories are likely referring to tidal waves rather than sea level rising due to melting ice.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 07:08
    check out the link some of these are huge skeletons. These beings apparently were on the earth after the flood also. Also how do we know what survived the flood as far as archaeological remains? they apparently found a race of these giants off the coast of California that apparently ate a type of Elephant that lived there also. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. They found pits were these giants roasted these elephants.

Manny
    yeah, other things you can read about at that site:

zombies
    planet x
    aliens

don't believe everything on the internet. better yet, don't believe anything.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 15:53
    I think this subject has been brought up before but it's very interesting to say the least.

Gen 6:1

1 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the LORD said ...[text shortened]... men who were of old, men of renown.

http://stevequayle.com/ interesting link

Manny
    The sons of seth

http://davelivingston.com/sonsofgod.htm
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 15:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The sons of seth

Is http://davelivingston.com/sonsofgod.htm a site you recommend turning to for Bible interpretation?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 16:49

Manny
    Here is the major problem with the universal flood concept: When floods happen and we know they do, for instance the latest disaster in Bangkok, the locals will certainly have tales to tell their grandkids but this flood is in no way across the planet.

Other tales of floods, especially in the dim past, will have been seen by only local people, there would have been no airplanes, satellites, even hot air balloons, so they might think a mighty flood took place but still covering only a tiny fraction of the Earth's surface.

So they make a legend out of it and say it covered the world.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 17:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is the major problem with the universal flood concept: When floods happen and we know they do, for instance the latest disaster in Bangkok, the locals will certainly have tales to tell their grandkids but this flood is in no way across the planet.

Other tales of floods, especially in the dim past, will have been seen by only local people, there woul ...[text shortened]... ction of the Earth's surface.

There is interesting reading on this at:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04702a.htm

Not that I believe it.

Here are some excerpts:

quote:

Universality of the Deluge

The Biblical account ascribes some kind of a universality to the Flood. But it may have been geographically universal, or it may have been only anthropologically universal. In other words, the Flood may have covered the whole earth, or it may have destroyed all men, covering only a certain part of the earth. Till about the seventeenth century, it was generally believed that the Deluge had been geographically universal, and this opinion is defended even in our days by some conservative scholars (cf. Kaulen in Kirchenlexikon). But two hundred years of theological and scientific study devoted to the question have thrown so much light on it that we may now defend the following conclusions:

The geographical universality of the Deluge may be safely abandoned [bold added]

[snip explanation, which basically asserts that the science says it is clearly wrong and it is not a "faith and morals" type of belief over which the Church rules.]

The Deluge must have been anthropologically universal, i.e. it must have destroyed the whole human race [bold added]

[it admits the following]:

The above scientific arguments do not favour a partial destruction of the human race absolutely, but only in so far as the uninterrupted existence of the various races in question gives them more time for the racial development and the historical data that have to be harmonized with the text of Genesis. Those who urge these arguments grant, therefore, implicitly that the allowance of a proper length of time will explain the facts on which their arguments are based. As there is nothing in the teaching of the Bible preventing us from assigning the Flood to a much earlier date than has usually been done, the difficulties urged on the part of science against the anthropological universality of the Flood may be easily evaded. Nor can the distribution of the nations as described in the tenth chapter of Genesis be appealed to, seeing that this section does not enumerate all races of the earth, but confines itself probably to the Caucasian.

Science, therefore, may demand an early date for the Deluge, but it does not necessitate a limitation of the Flood to certain parts of the human race.

[and comes to the following conclusion:]

The explanations of these passages, offered by the opponents of the anthropological universality of the Deluge, are hardly sufficient to remove all reasonable doubt. We turn, therefore, to authority in order to arrive at a final settlement of the question. Here we are confronted, in brief, with the following facts: Up to the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries the belief in the anthropological universality of the Deluge was general. Moreover, the Fathers regarded the ark and the Flood as types of baptism and of the Church; this view they entertained not as a private opinion, but as a development of the doctrine contained in 1 Peter 3:20 sq. Hence, the typical character of both ark and Flood belongs to the "matters of faith and morals" in which the Tridentine and the Vatican Councils oblige all Catholics to follow the interpretation of the Church.

unquote
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 17:15
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The sons of seth

Problem with this interpretation of this is that were the terms "The sons of god" is used in like a few other places it is referring to angels. Job 1:6 example

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 17:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Other tales of floods, especially in the dim past, will have been seen by only local people, there woul ...[text shortened]... ction of the Earth's surface.

Granted I accept what your saying. However in the biblical account it says that all of the tops of the mountains were covered. (I know for most it's just another story)

17 Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark. 24 The water prevailed upon the earth one hundred and fifty days.

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 18:471 edit
    Granted I accept what your saying. However in the biblical account it says that all of the tops of the mountains were covered. (I know for most it's just another story)

17 Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon ...[text shortened]... with him in the ark. 24 The water prevailed upon the earth one hundred and fifty days.

Manny
    But now the probelm with ones who say the flood couldn't have happened the way this scripture explains it is we know some mountians go well over 25K in feet. So how could there be that much water on the earth?
    The simple explination and I know I will have to re post the web sites that have already been shown before about this, is the fact that the huge amount of water that was on the earth would have had tremendous weight and would have easily pushed down the earths crust in the weaker areas and that in turn would have made other areas push up to the heights we see today. Very simple physics.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 10:56
    the noah/flood story was also borrowed from the sumerians.
    Seemed to be echo's of these half/demi gods in Greek mythology as well.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 12:361 edit
    yeah, other things you can read about at that site:

zombies
    planet x
    aliens

That's a pretty cynical attitude, to advize people not to believe anything on the Internet. You have written a lot of things which you seemed at least to proport as accurate knowledge.

Were you just trolling all those times, throwing out stuff to read which you didn't know was true ?

Or do you mean, with the exception of what VoidSpirit writes on the Internet, don't believe anything else on the Internet ?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 16:171 edit
    The flood was worldwide. It did not wipe out humanity. It did not cover the tallest mountains. It raised the worldwide sea level such that the Persian Gulf and the English Channel filled up with water. The flood occurred because all those glaciers covering northern Eurasia melted due to global warming.

I've wondered if Neandertal might be the Nephilim but they weren't tall.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree