The Glory of God

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 08 Sep '17 21:01
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 21:01
    God is invisible. When He is expressed that is the glory of God.

You are going to read a number of important passages about God expressed - the glory of God.

There are different senses in which this glory is talked about in the Bible.
    It is not possible for me to discuss all of them.
    I couldn't because I don't know all of them.

Some varied and different usages of glory I will highlight.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 22:06
    Originally posted by @sonship
    God is invisible. When He is expressed that is the glory of God.

You are going to read a number of important passages about God expressed - the glory of God.

There are different senses in which this glory is talked about in the Bible.
    It is not possible for me to discuss all of them.
    I couldn't because I don't know all of them.

Some varied and different usages of glory I will highlight.
    We all witness glory, even though we may not be able to establish the source.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:18
    Originally posted by @whodey
    We all witness glory, even though we may not be able to establish the source.
    This aspect of the glory of God has an example in the creation. We cannot see the Orginator. But His handiwork manifests His attributes.

Ie.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, And the firmament proclaims the work of His hands." (Psalm 19:1)

The age of history doesn't seem to ever change this. When we look at the universe either in day or night something about God is declared to us. It is glorious, splendorous, and majestic.

We cannot locate the source as you say, yet.
    But we can perceive God's eternal power and infinite knowledge. And that to the point that the Bible is emphatic that human beings are without excuse to not believe a Creator God is responsible.

Because that which is known of God is manifested within them, For God manifested it to them.

For the invisible things of Him, both His eternal power and divine characteristics, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being perceived by the things made, so that they are without excuse." (Rom. 1:19,20)

This is one aspect of the invisible God manifesting something of Himself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree