1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 11:30
    Bliss or Heaven is the goal behind all of spiritual work. Never ending happiness and no suffering for eternity. It sounds great but is it rational ? Is the ego envolved with all we do including the desire for Heaven ? It's confusing don't you think ?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 11:42
    Originally posted by buckky
    Bliss or Heaven is the goal behind all of spiritual work. Never ending happiness and no suffering for eternity. It sounds great but is it rational ? Is the ego envolved with all we do including the desire for Heaven ? It's confusing don't you think ?
    yes it's confusing. your question. maybe its just me.

are you asking whether eternal happiness will make you happy? if so then my answer is no if when/if we go to heaven we remain the same. humans derive happiness from accomplishing things, better themselves, overcoming obstacles etc. if everything is handed to you and there are no hardships, you have nothing to compare your state with and you will become bored.

if in fact we do change when/if we are deemed worthy of entering heaven then yes, we could be happy. our nature changes so that we do not seek the same things we seek now. we are happy because you are at peace, no more conflict. it is a state of ... well happiness. might not seem very fulfilling to our earthly selves but that's because we strive to improve ourselves. those deemed worthy of entering heaven might be already as "improved" as possible
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 19:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes it's confusing. your question. maybe its just me.

are you asking whether eternal happiness will make you happy? if so then my answer is no if when/if we go to heaven we remain the same. humans derive happiness from accomplishing things, better themselves, overcoming obstacles etc. if everything is handed to you and there are no hardships, you have no ...[text shortened]... ourselves. those deemed worthy of entering heaven might be already as "improved" as possible
    Just a question but where do you get your knowledge of what heaven would be like?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 19:54
    Originally posted by buckky
    Even if it is rational, and someone went there and came back and posted on this forum about heaven, then what?
    Exactly!! Not much would change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree