1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:121 edit
    A human being raises his eyes unto the cosmos and rears his head up towards the heavens. This world he has come into was not created by him, yet he is in it. He did not create himself, yet he exists. He wonders, and ponders the life which he is subjet to, not by choice, not even by procreation, yet that is the pathway in which his parents ventured upon to have him. In each human is the need to answer the questions which plaque his mind. Yet many of these questions are unfathomable. Some turn to Science, and in their diligence for there profession they too ask questions unfathomable. In these latter years, we seem to seek after that which cannot be found out, chasing after the wind if you will. There is no God, but how did the world come into being if there wasn't a creator who made it? Such questions and absolute statements are a chasing after the wind. I am conviced that in the imperfect life of man(I am referring to man and woman for you feminists) is unable to decipher the secret things of the Almighty. Yet we seek the questions which would scratch the preverbial mental itch which does plague us.
    This brings me back to the reason this thread is called what it is. The God in us is the feeling you have when a child is horribly injured in a car accident and no-one is around to help him. The God in us is the love you have for your spouse regardless of their attitude towards you. The God in us is every pure feeling of love, kindness, compassion, or pity which we may hold towards anything. Without such, we find ourselves depressed and living a seemingly meaningless life. Yet away from God you do not fully understand these feelings and are no able to develop them to their full potential, but the fact remains, of love were humans created, for God is love. And to love and to be loved is why we do exist, even unto this date. Not the love between a man and a woman, but such as the love between a father and his children. Without such love we become vile, impure and we consume ourselves with hatred and ignorance. Yet these original feelings of love do exist, but we with knowlege of these feelings, shroud them, block them out, or consume them with items of vanity(houses, cars, ect.)
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:16
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    A human being raises his eyes unto the cosmos and rears his head up towards the heavens. This world he has come into was not created by him, yet he is in it. He did not create himself, yet he exists. He wonders, and ponders the life which he is subjet to, not by choice, not even by procreation, yet that is the pathway in which his parents ventured u ...[text shortened]... feelings, shroud them, block them out, or consume them with items of vanity(houses, cars, ect.)
    What a load of rubbish.
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:27
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    What a load of rubbish.
    Well how then do you explain the existance of man and all the years of life thereof. I bring to you the fact that all is black and white, dark or light, good or evil. I donot seek to complicate my explanation of life with many shades of grey.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:39
    Well how then do you explain the existance of man and all the years of life thereof. I bring to you the fact that all is black and white, dark or light, good or evil. I donot seek to complicate my explanation of life with many shades of grey.
    For every complex problem there is a simple answer,,,,and it's always wrong.
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:461 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    What a load of rubbish.
    Though your aim was to offend me, yet was I not offended, neither did I post to offend you, but only to convict the convicted, and convince the ingnorant of the truth of God and the Christ. I do bear with all love those who question the existance of GOD, but yet is the truth undeniable. I tell you the truth, man only declares or questions the existance of God so that he can go whorring after the pleasures of sin, not because it seems intellectual or necessary. God exisits indeed, but who will accept him and who will not? The choice is our own and the concequence as well. God still loves us weither we acknowlege him or not, for God is love. GOD does desire to save us from ourselves because it is us who determine weither we will live is peace and prosperity, love and kindness, or in hatred, scorn, contempt, and wickedness. God yet still gives to those who are unappreciative and loves those who hate. This was the message that the Christ brought.
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:49
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    For every complex problem there is a simple answer,,,,and it's always wrong.
    Here you do error in you thinking, because the existance of man is not complex. All the answers are in plain sight "For the invisible things of God are in plain sight to men."
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:54
    Here you do error in you thinking, because the existance of man is not complex. All the answers are in plain sight "For the invisible things of God are in plain sight to men."
    That only strenghtens my point!
  8. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 02:55
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    That only strenghtens my point!
    But the siplicity of GOD is not in error, the complexity of man is.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 03:07
    But the siplicity of GOD is not in error, the complexity of man is.
    Not in error, but rather Error itself. An error cause by man's imprinting his own nature onto the spirit.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 03:49
    Why are any of these things a problem? What is your specific question? And why does it necessitate God?
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 11:22
    You bring me the 'fact' that all is black and white....???????

Forgive me, but you must either be very young, or very naive. People who live in a black and white world are like children with a hammer - they see everything as a nail. With a little more experience you too might come to realise that part of the beauty (or horror) of the world around you is the colour.....
  12. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 19:12
    Though your aim was to offend me, yet was I not offended, neither did I post to offend you, but only to convict the convicted, and convince the ingnorant of the truth of God and the Christ. I do bear with all love those who question the existance of GOD, but yet is the truth undeniable. I tell you the truth, man only declares or questions the exista ...[text shortened]... e who are unappreciative and loves those who hate. This was the message that the Christ brought.
    thanks
  13. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 19:28
    A human being raises his eyes unto the cosmos and rears his head up towards the heavens. This world he has come into was not created by him, yet he is in it. He did not create himself, yet he exists. He wonders, and ponders the life which he is subjet to, not by choice, not even by procreation, yet that is the pathway in which his parents ventured u ...[text shortened]... feelings, shroud them, block them out, or consume them with items of vanity(houses, cars, ect.)
    You assert that the genuine love which (some) humans (sometimes) express towards one another is equivalent to, or is the result of, God's presence or activity within human beings.

A nice idea. But what arguments or evidence support it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree