1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 12:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are applying your inferior logic to the actions of a superior being. Do you think the birds can understand why we need to demolish a 10 story building to put up another, and in the process destroy the breeding places of hundreds of birds? Or the rabbits appreciate that we need to dig up the ground to build and in the process kill countless rabbits. You place far too much value on human life.
    Yet you claim to be capable of applying your own inferior logic to the actions of the same being. How often have I heard Christians proclaiming how great and loving and action Christs death and resurrection was! Not once have I heard a Christian say "well it might have been an evil act - I am too morally inferior to know".
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 12:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yet you claim to be capable of applying your own inferior logic to the actions of the same being. How often have I heard Christians proclaiming how great and loving and action Christs death and resurrection was! Not once have I heard a Christian say "well it might have been an evil act - I am too morally inferior to know".
    In my opinion there is a great benefit in accepting the actions of the superior being and great disbenefit in condemning. You are like the rabbits and the birds that will be shot ...🙂
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 12:401 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but an act of God would be necessarily good under his assumptions. One may argue that his assumption is wrong, but it's not inconsistent in that example (and here I mean for that example alone).
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 12:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Birds and rabbits do not worship us as being "morally perfect" and "all loving" either. If they were capable of it, I'm sure they would condemn our behavior.
    Im sure the birds and rabbits do in fact condemn our behaviour in their own way. "All loving God' ? I dont think thats accurate from our human standpoint because we cannot see and understand everything He does. Christians who claim such a thing are incorrect.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 12:57
    we cannot see and understand everything He does.
    How can you see? Can you understand anything?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:07
    Originally posted by Palynka
    How can you see? Can you understand anything?
    PS 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:171 edit
    Quibbling about the exact number of people drowned is the weakest possible defense imaginable.
    And harping on about the bilyuns and bilyuns of folks as done got killed by GOD is equally feeble. That was actually my point. Destroying the entire population of the world by drowning is no more morally reprehensible than executing Lot's wife by means of crystallization.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:23
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    And harping on about the bilyuns and bilyuns of folks as done got killed by GOD is equally feeble. That was actually my point. Destroying the entire population of the world by drowning is no more morally reprehensible than executing Lot's wife by means of crystallization.
    Settle with all but eight.
    Then explain how the Aborigins of Australia survived, and the Innuits of Greenland, and the Indians from extreme south of South America.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then explain how the Aborigins of Australia survived, and the Innuits of Greenland, and the Indians from extreme south of South America.
    That's where my Mitochondrial Hypothesis comes in. See, these 8 figures in the pantomime were really the ones who passed on mitochondrial DNA to the rest of the human race ...

Of course your objection has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about (the awesome vileness of the fictitious One) but I'll let that pass.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FCY1oOLGFjM 😵
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:37
    I was content to concentrate solely upon the Great Flood. Bringing charges against god for every crime in the bible is quite another matter. But I suppose it could be done.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:44
    I was content to concentrate solely upon the Great Flood. Bringing charges against god for every crime in the bible is quite another matter. But I suppose it could be done.
    Like General Woolworth said "Dogs aren't dangerous"
    (Watership Down).

Youre not far off from many Christians who you ferociously condemn - caught up in your own little world and unable to expand your mind and see the big picture.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:49
    I think the argument is that Lots wifes murder might have been justifiable if she was sufficiently guilty of sin, but he does not believe that every human being on the planet other than Noah and co were guilty of sins deserving of death.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:511 edit
    In my opinion there is a great benefit in accepting the actions of the superior being and great disbenefit in condemning. You are like the rabbits and the birds that will be shot ...🙂
    You missed my point. I said that many Christians tell me that they can and do judge some of Gods actions to be morally correct and that they do so using their own moral compass and not via definition. I strongly suspect that you would do the same. In fact the very fact that you do not worship the devil implies that you have done exactly that.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 13:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but an act of God would be necessarily good under his assumptions. One may argue that his assumption is wrong, but it's not inconsistent in that example (and here I mean for that example alone).
    I am not certain which example you are referring to. If you are referring to Christs resurrection then I disagree. Christians frequently proclaim that they personally have judged the action to be morally good and expect to persuade others of that fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree