1. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 15:231 edit
    Some very interesting parallels can be foud on the link below between
    Jesus and the ancient Egyptian god Horus.

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ include but are not limited to :

1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal descent. Jesus was of royal descent.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men [Zoroastrian star gazers] who followed by a star “in the east” bearing gifts.

5. The birth of Horus announced by angels. The birth of Jesus announced by angels.

6. Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming messiah.

7. Horus is baptized at age 30 by Anup the Baptiser at a river. Jesus is baptized at age 30 by John the Baptist at a river.

8. Horus resists temptation by the evil Sut [Sut was to be the precursor for the Hebrew Satan] on a high mountain. Jesus resists temptation by Satan on a high mountain.

9. Horus had 12 followers. Jesus had 12 disciples.

10. Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.

11. Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.

12. Horus was buried and resurrected in the city of Anu. The place Bethany mentioned in John was a derivative of the words “Bet” and “Anu” which translates “the house of Anu”. The ‘y’ on the end of bethany is interchangeable with the letter ‘u’.

13. Horus was killed by crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified.

14. Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. Jesus was crucified with two thieves.

15. Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].

16. Horus was resurrected after 3 days. Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.

17. The resurrection of Horus was announced by three women. The resurrection of Jesus was announced by three women.

18. Horus was given the titel KRST which means “anointed one” Jesus was given the title Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 17:371 edit
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    Yes, interesting, but...most of this information was taken from Kersey Graves' "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviours". According to the Wiki on Graves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kersey_Graves#Criticism

Historian Richard Carrier, a proponent of the Jesus myth hypothesis, has heavily criticized Graves' work, particularly his book The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors, as being unreliable and unscholarly.[3]

Brian Flemming, director of Jesus myth hypothesis documentary The God Who Wasn't There, has cautioned against using Graves as a source due to his lack of scholarship and unreliability of his claims.[4]

Still, there is a kernel of truth here. Unfortunately, this isn't the best way to present it (I've learned)...since you might be hard pressed to produce evidence for many of these claims about Horus.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 18:16
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck

Some parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ include but are not limited to :

1. Horus born of a virgin. Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal ...[text shortened]... itle Christ [Christos] meaning “anointed one”

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm
    "Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days."

"Said" to be resurrected? There were over 500 witnesses that saw Jesus after He was resurrected.

There are millions who know Jesus as their saviour living today.

You fail to take into account that all other "mythical" stories are simply counterfeits' set up by Satan for the purpose of deceiving you.

The only true and varifiably resurrection is the resurrection of Jesus.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    You fail to take into account that all other "mythical" stories are simply counterfeits' set up by Satan for the purpose of deceiving you.
    Ah ... the real Golden Age of Pulp Fiction.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:19
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Ah ... the real Golden Age of Pulp Fiction.
    Well then, you should worship Horus!
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:21
    Well then, you should worship Horus!
    Why would you encourage me to worship one of Satan's fictions?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:28
    Why would you encourage me to worship one of Satan's fictions?
    Well, since you think Jesus is a myth, any other belief system you hold should serve you just fine.

I just thought you might like Horus! 😉
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:44
    Well, since you think Jesus is a myth, any other belief system you hold should serve you just fine.

I just thought you might like Horus! 😉
    How do you presume to know what I think about Jesus?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:55
    Because he's on the balls of his feet, legs shoulder wide, slightly bent, arms apart, half folded, hands clenched but loose, head slightly tilted forward, ready, focussed.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 20:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because he's on the balls of his feet, legs shoulder wide, slightly bent, arms apart, half folded, hands clenched but loose, head slightly tilted forward, ready, focussed.
    He's Mickey Rourke?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 22:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    How did you know?

His mouth is hanging open, and there's spittle drooling down his chin too.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think we have discussed this before, somwhere in some Forum. Yes there are records in Rome of a troublemaker in the Palestine area at he time of Jesus. But I don't remember the exact source. So there are definitley sources proving the very existance of Jesus. Not the he is son of some god, though.

"Josephus is the source in question -- a very questionable one on this particular matter, as wikipedia can enlighten you.

There's simply no incontrovertible contemporary historical evidence of Jesus' existence."

Interesting reading in your public forum posts.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 23:17
    Interesting reading in your public forum posts.
    Are you stalking him?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 23:19
    Originally posted by David C
    Are you stalking him?
    I stalk everybody. 🙄
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 02:27
    Originally posted by David C
    Yes, interesting, but...most of this information was taken from Kersey Graves' "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviours". According to the Wiki on Graves:

[quote] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kersey_Graves#Criticism

[i]Historian Richard Carrier, a proponent of the Jesus myth hypothesis, has heavily criticized Graves' work, particularly his book The Worl ...[text shortened]... nce you might be hard pressed to produce evidence for many of these claims about Horus.
    I did some research and found that there is, in fact, NO realiable evidence that Horus was born of a virgin. In fact, out of 20 Egyptianoligsts asked about it, 10 responded and said there is no such evidence. So I guess this creates, or should create, skeptisism about the rest of it. In fact, most of my research about Horus had none of this stuff in it. So I guess it comes down to he said she said kind of squabbling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree